Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:31 pm

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/article/new-united-recruit-2377516.aspx

Taxi for Hargreaves, pretty soon...
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:57 pm

GOOD

Might end all the luggy returns for a 3rd time talk.....oh wait if he happends to win 3-0 against a pub team it will start up again

forget that
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Angry wrote:
GOOD

Might end all the luggy returns for a 3rd time talk.....oh wait if he happends to win 3-0 against a pub team it will start up again

forget that

Just need Warnock to get another job now
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
GOOD

forget that

Just need Warnock to get another job now

absolutely.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Cause we're so lucky to have the uninspiring, hasn't got a clue Sheridan.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:21 pm

How long before they sign Blair? Razz
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 10:40 pm

steveinspain wrote:

its equally uninspiring to want to re-re hire a guy that can only do it in the lower leagues Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 1:48 am

Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

its equally uninspiring to want to  re-re hire a guy that can only do it in the lower leagues Thanks/OK

I wonder if you can guess where we are?
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 am

gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

its equally uninspiring to want to  re-re hire a guy that can only do it in the lower leagues Thanks/OK

Angry, why do you hate Luggy so much? Did you miss out on his mark 1 team and are bitter that you only saw his mark 2 version?
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 am

gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

Off your tits on smack and rave usic sat on ao nang beach enjoying a ladyboy?

oh you were talking argyle silly me well league 2 hopefully one day you might like to see tthe club play in a higher league cheers
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:33 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

Angry, why do you hate Luggy so much? Did you miss out on his mark 1 team and are bitter that you only saw his mark 2 version?

who said i hate him? I was there for both periods mark 1 was fantastic bring 1 league trophy and 3/4's of another mark 2 was was absolute bollocks.
I just dont like the jannar mentality of wanting a guy who failed badly last time around and will never match his first spell a third bite of the cherry because they cant move on and except you cant live in the past.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 am

Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

who said i hate him? I was there for both periods mark 1 was fantastic bring 1 league trophy and 3/4's of another mark 2 was was absolute bollocks.
I just dont like the jannar mentality of wanting a guy who failed badly last time around and will never match his first spell  a third bite of the cherry because they cant move on and except you cant live in the past.

Well I would hate to see what you say about someone you really dislike then - look at your posts about Luggy.

I think the Janner mentality is that most people accept that he is probably the best manager we have ever had, and that the club were already a basket case during Mark 2. Even Mourinho or Fergy would have struggled with what was going on behind the scenes then. Luggy certainly didn't cover himself in glory during this period but it doesn't make him a bad manager.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

I just dont like the jannar mentality of wanting a guy who failed badly last time around and will never match his first spell  a third bite of the cherry because they cant move on and except you cant live in the past.

Well I would hate to see what you say about someone you really dislike then - look at your posts about Luggy.

I think the Janner mentality is that most people accept that he is probably the best manager we have ever had, and that the club were already a basket case during Mark 2. Even Mourinho or Fergy would have struggled with what was going on behind the scenes then. Luggy certainly didn't cover himself in glory during this period but it doesn't make him a bad manager.

Whether the club was in sound ownership i seriously doubt he would have bettered pulis or even holloway. His second spell in charge was a total failure and had the club been in a better position off the field the club would have fired him earlier rather than allow him to run down his contract in a officie post beause thy couldnt afford to pay him off.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:56 am

Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

Whether the club was in sound ownership i seriously doubt he would have bettered pulis or even holloway. His second spell in charge was a total failure and had the club been in a better position off the field the club would have fired him earlier rather than allow him to run down his contract in a officie post beause thy couldnt afford to pay him off.

If the club had been in a better financial position then maybe he would have been more successful. Under Pulis and Holloway we only finished 14th and 11th. Luggy took us to 10th in his first season back, despite losing most of Holloway's best players. His second season was worse (21st), but hardly surprising considering the amount of players that had been sold.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:57 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

If the club had been in a better financial position then maybe he would have been more successful. Under Pulis and Holloway we only finished 14th and 11th. Luggy took us to 10th in his first season back, despite losing most of Holloway's best players. His second season was worse (21st), but hardly surprising considering the amount of players that had been sold.

very much doubt it.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

very much doubt it.

I wonder how well Pulis or Holloway would have done had they stayed on. They both saw what was coming and ran for the hills.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:51 pm

I wonder will he move to Torbay? There is a nice little mansion there just need's a little lick of paint and a few brick's
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Angry wrote:
steveinspain wrote:

very much doubt it.

I wonder how well Pulis or Holloway would have done had they stayed on. They both saw what was coming and ran for the hills.

Pulis would have done alright as he is that sort of manager and tactically minded coach that can still grind out results, he may have had us top half of the table team as a result.
Holloway would have taken us down as he doesnt have that ability to grinded out results like Pulis can.

Holloway ran i agree however Pulis may have stayed a little longer if staplewallet actually made an effort to keep him and not go for curries with luggy instead.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 am

Pulis was never going to stay. He was destined for Stoke a long time before he actually left. Him and Peter Coates (Stoke chairman) had agreed a deal. It would have taken a monumental amount of money (Which PAFC could not hope to match) to keep him here.
Maybe we could have got Kempy though.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:20 am

The thing is, after Sheridan do we trust in Brent to find a manager to take us up the leagues?
I don't
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 am

If we don't go up then watch as Brent's house of cards crumbles next year.
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Iggy wrote:
If we don't go up then watch as Brent's house of cards crumbles next year.

Yet the likes of nool, plebb, de liar and captain wankspasm etc will still back 100% even while stood in the ashes of the club's future.

thumbs up for the greens #stripesareback cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 11:43 am

Luggy has left Torquay after 4 days because he has been offered a permanent job at another club.

I wonder which club?
Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 11:52 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Luggy has left Torquay after 4 days because he has been offered a permanent job at another club.

I wonder which club?

Yeovil Town, Seems the only choice that falls under his wanting to remind local condition that requires a manager. Good luck to him i say he waited 2 years for a job and 2 come along at once Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 12:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32217226

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luggy to Torquay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggy to Torquay   Luggy to Torquay Empty

Back to top Go down

Luggy to Torquay
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next