Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Luggy's new job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10256
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Luggy's new job   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:21 pm

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/former-argyle-manager-paul-sturrock-joins-plymouth-parkway/story-29490716-detail/story.html

PAUL STURROCK has taken on a role as a football advisor at ambitious Carlsberg South West Peninsula League club Plymouth Parkway.

Sturrock, 59, will provide advice and support to manager Kevin Hendy but will not take up a position in the dug-out on matchdays.

The move comes only a couple of months after local businessman Mark Russell took over as the new chairman of Parkway.

He wants to see Parkway progress up the football pyramid, first by securing promotion to the Western League.

Russell believes that former title-winning Argyle manager Sturrock can play a part in helping the club to achieve that first target.

Sturrock said: "I first met Mark to discuss Plymouth Parkway a couple of weeks ago and straight away I could see the passion to drive the club forward and actually felt that I could help with the club moving forward.

"This was followed with a meeting with Kevin and vice chair Gez Baggott, where discussions moved to how I could help Kevin.

"I am delighted to be joining such a great club with ambition to grow and looking forward to helping the club succeed."

Hendy believes he can benefit from the experience of Sturrock, who has managed at several clubs in Scotland and England.

He said: "When Mark first mentioned to me about Paul joining the club, obviously I was slightly surprised.

"However, I met with Paul and we had some really good discussions.

"This move is good fotr the club and also me personally as I am sure there are many things I can learn from someone with Paul's experience."

Sturrock already knew of Russell through his involvement with the Green Taverners at Argyle.

Russell said: "Paul is someone I have known from his days at Plymouth Argyle and spoke to him while he was in charge on many occasions.

"When I had the initial conversations with Paul about joining Parkway I was excited that someone of Paul's calibre would be interested to join our club.

"As I am sure you can imagine, I have just joined the club and was also very keen to make sure Kevin knew that I wanted Paul to come and offer his knowledge and experience to help the club progress, and not to put Kevin under any pressure.

"I am really looking forward to seeing Paul at the games and also helping the coaching staff on the training pitch."

Russell added: "Paul will also be working closely with the reserve team to help up-and-coming manager Seve Catindig-Stagg in his first season managing in men's football."

There has been quite a turnover of players at Parkway during the close season this summer, with brothers Levi and Michael Landricombe making the switch to Southern League club Tiverton Town.

But Parkway have, to date, brought in seven new players, including former Argyle apprentices Josh Grant and Mason Hughes.

Sturrock led Argyle to the Division Three title in 2001/02 with a then record 102 points.

The Pilgrims were also on the brink of another promotion in 2003/04 when the former SWcotland international striker left to take over at Premier League club Southampton.

Argyle went on to clinch the Division Two title in their first match under new boss Bobby Williamson.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4958
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:32 pm

They'll be a league one club before Argyle foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4074
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:24 pm

Is that Mark Russell the Green Taverners bigwig? What's that all about then?

Sure its a great set up and that but they are named after a dual,carriageway ffs

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3694
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 am

With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10256
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:31 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3694
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:39 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
All the good players leaving told me all about Brents level of ambition bhey!
Back to top Go down
Homeslice

avatar

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 45
Location : Lurking in the shadows

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:14 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Is that Mark Russell the Green Taverners bigwig? What's that all about then?

Sure its a great set up and that but they are named after a dual,carriageway ffs

He used to be involved in the Taverners, but I believe stepped away to concentrate on his business. He ran a Sunday league team which merged with Parkway and that's how he's now their chairman.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
Twas the bog paper Herald that was bigging up the announcement, which tells you more about that arse wipe rag than anything else at the moment elephant
Back to top Go down
Dane.

avatar

Posts : 1881
Join date : 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:09 pm

This isnt really news, Sturrock was involved in a similar capacity with Callington Town last season. In fact he this summer sent every local club an email offering his services and its clear that parkway took him up on that offer, add into the mix that the chairman is a PR guru and you have a big news story
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4958
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Dane. wrote:
This isnt really news, Sturrock was involved in a similar capacity with Callington Town last season. In fact he this summer sent every local club an email offering his services and its clear that parkway took him up on that offer, add into the mix that the chairman is a PR guru and you have a big news story


He's also hanging wallpaper for Rogers, you heard it here first.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 2516
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 27
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Sour grapes it seems , Just cause Luggy didnt want to help them...
Back to top Go down
I'll be back



Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Wee nuggets
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9663
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 55
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:51 pm

I wonder who you are?

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4074
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:56 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Dane. wrote:
This isnt really news, Sturrock was involved in a similar capacity with Callington Town last season. In fact he this summer sent every local club an email offering his services and its clear that parkway took him up on that offer, add into the mix that the chairman is a PR guru and you have a big news story


He's also hanging wallpaper for Rogers, you heard it here first.

lol!

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Dane.

avatar

Posts : 1881
Join date : 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Jethro wrote:
Sour grapes it seems , Just cause Luggy didnt want to help them...

read it again you complete ****** ! he emailed everyone

edited by mouldy.
Back to top Go down
I'll be back



Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I wonder who you are?

No idea what your on about mate
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10256
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:18 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
Twas the bog paper Herald that was bigging up the announcement, which tells you more about that arse wipe rag than anything else at the moment elephant

School kids and internet freaks pretty much run that toilet paper rag doing the bidding of brent.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 9663
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 55
Location : Berkshire

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:22 pm

I'll be back wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I wonder who you are?

No idea what your on about mate

Of course not toady!

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 4074
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Dane. wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Sour grapes it seems , Just cause Luggy didnt want to help them...

read it again you complete ****** ! he emailed everyone

edited by mouldy.

Don't you two start!

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
Twas the bog paper Herald that was bigging up the announcement, which tells you more about that arse wipe rag than anything else at the moment elephant

School kids and internet freaks pretty much run that toilet paper rag doing the bidding of brent.
And todays clickbait is regarding Tyler Harvey 'impressing' in a trial at a championship club. Although it appears that that wasn't mentioned at all in the match summary. just the little boys making it up again!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

avatar

Posts : 2516
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 27
Location : Dorset

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Dane. wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Sour grapes it seems , Just cause Luggy didnt want to help them...

read it again you complete ****** ! he emailed everyone

edited by mouldy.
raised eyebrow Good Post
that was uncalled for, still delightful as ever then. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10256
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:44 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
Twas the bog paper Herald that was bigging up the announcement, which tells you more about that arse wipe rag than anything else at the moment elephant

School kids and internet freaks pretty much run that toilet paper rag doing the bidding of brent.
And todays clickbait is regarding Tyler Harvey 'impressing' in a trial at a championship club. Although it appears that that wasn't mentioned at all in the match summary. just the little boys making it up again!

Exactly i think thats how they make their money because no fecker is buying the paper these days. Also, all they seem to do is troll social media for stories to report on then think of a way to link it to plymouth or somewhere near. Thats not journalism in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
BBC1

avatar

Posts : 1879
Join date : 2011-11-17
Age : 48
Location : 22 Acacia Avenue

PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:05 am

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
With Argyle likely to be fourth division also rans for the next few years until Brentxit, the emergence of a rival ambitious club in Plymouth would come as no supprise, the Plymouth public are not stupid they know under Team Jimmy, Argyle are just bumbling along.

If announcing Ginsters as team sponsors is seen as ground breaking to him that tells you all you need to about brent's level of ambition.
Twas the bog paper Herald that was bigging up the announcement, which tells you more about that arse wipe rag than anything else at the moment elephant

School kids and internet freaks pretty much run that toilet paper rag doing the bidding of brent.
And todays clickbait is regarding Tyler Harvey 'impressing' in a trial at a championship club. Although it appears that that wasn't mentioned at all in the match summary. just the little boys making it up again!

Exactly i think thats how they make their money because no fecker is buying the paper these days. Also, all they seem to do is troll social media for stories to report on then think of a way to link it to plymouth or somewhere near. Thats not journalism in my eyes.
I heard that the poor whale stranded on Perranporth beach initially tried to come ashore at the Barbican, but was turned away by some angry youths who hated the Welsh. laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Luggy's new job   

Back to top Go down
 
Luggy's new job
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: