sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Pompey Monday - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Angry wrote:
Its over no playoffs for us Sad

Sheridan can go now for all the good him staying on till the end will do

This has got all the hallmarks of last season, it really has. The team of last season was not as good as this current crop [sic].

I won't call it yet, but if Argyle fail to beat Mansfield Town and AFC Wimbledon at home, then i will.

I have just read somewhere that Argyle need three wins from five to be sure of a PO spot ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:00 pm

5 games to go, 8th position with 61 points, 1 point behind 6th place Stevenage and 7th place Newport and level on points with 9th luton and 10th exeter.

its just not meant to be Sad
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Simple now really. 2 Home games in a row and we must win both.
Will we??? I actually think not and our play-off push will fizzle out once more. Just pleased I didn't buy the APEX cheap fare for Wembury or I'd be flogging it on Exeweb. (Ooops - I can't 'coz I'm banned)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Bleddy surrender monkeys ! Can't you see we are a well run club, with a great owner and board, an inspirational management team, superfans of class and vision, Fanfests forever and more buckets than       [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Pompey had no right to win this game. lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Argo completely and utterly incapable of rising to any form of occasion. All the teams around us in steady promotion form while Argo inevitably get stuck in relegation form. Put those green wigs, jester hats and green & white ballons back in the cupboard - no play-offs for us. We're struggling 4th division shit for the forseeable future. That is until we get eventually get expelled from the league for being too shit.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Freathy wrote:
Argo completely and utterly incapable of rising to any form of occasion.  All the teams around us in steady promotion form while Argo inevitably get stuck in relegation form.  Put those green wigs, jester hats and green & white ballons back in the cupboard - no play-offs for us.  We're struggling 4th division shit for the forseeable future.  That is until we get eventually get expelled from the league for being too shit.

Very fair freathy, We are terminally shit with Team Clueless running the club, no foundations being laid by Brent the team stuffed full with short term loan holiday makers! hopefully Brent will now do the decent thing and sell the club.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Argo completely and utterly incapable of rising to any form of occasion.  All the teams around us in steady promotion form while Argo inevitably get stuck in relegation form.  Put those green wigs, jester hats and green & white ballons back in the cupboard - no play-offs for us.  We're struggling 4th division shit for the forseeable future.  That is until we get eventually get expelled from the league for being too shit.

Actually no, the only team of the five in any kind of form is the Mighty, that's why we are back in the frame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 5:41 pm

Freathy wrote:

4 shore. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Just imagine how bad things would be if stripes weren't back.

#wankspasm
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Our midfield is too lightweight. Cox, Norburn and O'connor are vital for the run in. All our own players also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Just imagine how bad things would be if stripes weren't back.

#wankspasm

dont chris im trying to resist the temptation of posting a link on captain wankspasm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Seems McCormick got a rougher reception than at city today,
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:01 pm

X Isle wrote:
If we go at them early and get ahead I can see them crumbling and a comfortable win will ensue.

Trouble is we don't ever seem to do that. Consequently I can see our usual reluctance to push forward giving them encouragement and getting them something they really shouldn't have a right to get.

Draw methinks, but a bit more adventure could so easily give us a win.  

As foretold, we didn't start going at them until it was too late.

When we did we had them stretched and worried, why couldn't we do that from minute 1?

Bob hope of the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Seems McCormick got a rougher reception than at city today,

It's always a good exchange between the supporters at Fratton Park but they let themselves down a bit with that.

Didn't lower themselves to that level last season. So what price him doing media pieces on the subject this season rather than just quietly getting on with things just put the spotlight back onto the issue?

That was an OG
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Didn't Cole play at Fratton last season? I maybe wrong.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 7:47 pm

X Isle wrote:
X Isle wrote:
If we go at them early and get ahead I can see them crumbling and a comfortable win will ensue.

Trouble is we don't ever seem to do that. Consequently I can see our usual reluctance to push forward giving them encouragement and getting them something they really shouldn't have a right to get.

Draw methinks, but a bit more adventure could so easily give us a win.  

As foretold, we didn't start going at them until it was too late.

When we did we had them stretched and worried, why couldn't we do that from minute 1?

Bob hope of the play-offs.

Everybody loves an "i told you so" smart arse. Shame you don't come on here and detail all of the things that you've got wrong in the past.

On second thoughts.....
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Good day out, an alright match, but crap result. There we go. Too many players were well off their game today - can't be arsed to write a report on it yet.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Reeey that was shiiiiite.

First half should have gone in 1 up.

Then I missed a goal cos I was on the beer.

Then we were meh really.

Worldie, mind.

Have a bang on that.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:40 pm

stephensdad wrote:
Didn't Cole play at Fratton last season? I maybe wrong.

Yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:41 pm

Have a look at he team that took us on the run pre Crimbo then look at the team now, nuff said. Try amd build a team around a threadbare and mediocre team (not squad) and this is what you get, Shez has his hands tied, f UCK off Brent and take your non investing property schemes that have no place at a football club with you, Tory wanker.
In other news I have spent he afternoon at a pub in Cornwall admiring the primroses and having a crack with REAL mates. Saw a dog fight (which was total handbags but a woman got bitten by her own dog trying to save it lol) then one of my mates after telling us how has got it made, rules the roost, proper man I am an all that got dragged out by his missus ten minutes later literally by his ear, famous last words, shagtown innit. drunken
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
Have a look at he team that took us on the run pre Crimbo then look at the team now, nuff said. Try amd build a team around a threadbare and mediocre team (not squad) and this is what you get, Shez has his hands tied, f UCK off Brent and take your non investing property schemes that have no place at a football club with you, Tory wanker.
In other news I have spent he afternoon at a pub in Cornwall admiring the primroses and having a crack with REAL mates. Saw a dog fight (which was total handbags but a woman got bitten by her own dog trying to save it lol) then one of my mates after telling us how has got it made, rules the roost, proper man I am an all that got dragged out by his missus ten minutes later literally by his ear, famous last words, shagtown innit. drunken

Gunni?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Iggy wrote:
Got any spare?
I still maintain that the backroom staff are not up to the level we need. There is no room for sentiment and no matter what badges Wottsie has got he hasn't got the experience. We've got our mind bender who, we are told, pushes the players to their limit and beyond. Really? Players should be pushing themselves to their limit and beyond when promotion is at stake FFS! Rant

Even if we got into the play-offs would we get through? When Warnock took us there I was 100% confident that we would win but with this shower I'm not confident at all. Oh well - onwards to the next 2 games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:06 pm

devonportlad wrote:
Depends which argyle team turns up, if we're gonna put 10 men behind the ball and just hit and hope to the strikers with no creative urgency then we'll probably get rolled over, but if we get at them from the start and open them up then we should win, plus according to a portsmouth fan their 2 key cb's are out so we should really be looking to attack them from the off

Sounds like you know Sheridan's plan just as well as the opposition managers do!

Another crap day at the office where we let the points go with no urgency aside from a 5 minute spell. Apart from playing bottom of the league, what good performance and result have we had lately? I mean in the last 2 months now. Doing our best to throw away another run in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Angry wrote:
he is on for banton

what a complete flop banton has been since signing for us permanently.

Banton was class today, another Sheridan masterstroke taking him off first!

Groans all around the away end. Outshone the entire Argyle forward line in his time on the pitch, so don't blame him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey Monday
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next