Sir Francis Drake
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 9:42 am

More than once yesterday I heard people say things like "Pompey on Monday will be a tough game".

Well once the platitudes about there being no easy games in this division, it being a Bank Holiday match, the inevitable big crowd, and the historic significance of the fixture are parked in the obvious garage why should this be seen as a tough game?

My recollection of the game at Home Park was that we played them off the pitch to such an extent that we were unlucky to score only 3 and they were lucky to get nil. Added to that Pompey are bimbling along in mid-table with no hope of going up and no fear of going down (they have their 50 points) and their recent results are LDWDLLD with the solitary win coming against currently hapless Luton.

This game is definitely there to be won - and I think we will win it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 9:58 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
More than once yesterday I heard people say things like "Pompey on Monday will be a tough game".

Well once the platitudes about there being no easy games in this division, it being a Bank Holiday match, the inevitable big crowd, and the historic significance of the fixture are parked in the obvious garage why should this be seen as a tough game?

My recollection of the game at Home Park was that we played them off the pitch to such an extent that we were unlucky to score only 3 and they were lucky to get nil. Added to that Pompey are bimbling along in mid-table with no hope of going up and no fear of going down (they have their 50 points) and their recent results are LDWDLLD with the solitary win coming against currently hapless Luton.

This game is definitely there to be won - and I think we will win it.

Suprised you didn't include the "Argyle Factor" in your thoughts SFD, that is, big following followed by big disappiontment! Portsmouth may well be crap but i still think they will beat our seventh place dreamers.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:03 am

Draw foreshore!
Back to top Go down

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:43 pm

I think we can and should win this, pit it this way, if we can't beat a mid table side with one win in ten we might as well give up now.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:48 pm

I think it will be a tough game.

Pompey will still be sick at they way they lost at HP and will be out for revenge.

It all depends on what Argyle team turn up for the game on Monday.

It is in Argyle's hands to finish the job off and secure a PO spot, if they f... it up now, well, they will only have themselves to blame.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:26 pm

If we go at them early and get ahead I can see them crumbling and a comfortable win will ensue.

Trouble is we don't ever seem to do that. Consequently I can see our usual reluctance to push forward giving them encouragement and getting them something they really shouldn't have a right to get.

Draw methinks, but a bit more adventure could so easily give us a win.
Back to top Go down
devonportlad

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Depends which argyle team turns up, if we're gonna put 10 men behind the ball and just hit and hope to the strikers with no creative urgency then we'll probably get rolled over, but if we get at them from the start and open them up then we should win, plus according to a portsmouth fan their 2 key cb's are out so we should really be looking to attack them from the off
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:34 pm

X Isle wrote:
If we go at them early and get ahead I can see them crumbling and a comfortable win will ensue.

Trouble is we don't ever seem to do that. Consequently I can see our usual reluctance to push forward giving them encouragement and getting them something they really shouldn't have a right to get.

Strange. Thought Argyle won 3-0 at Cheltenham. Basically an "i'm right about Brent and now i'm going to talk biased unfactual shit and subliminally put the boot into Sheridan because I turned against him a few weeks ago in spite of lecturing all and sundry for years for being knee jerking surrender monkeys" type of post. What the hell do you mean anyway by saying that Pompey "haven't got the right" to get something from the match? Why would that be-did Leicester not "have the right" to beat West Ham today despite occupying a far lower league position? Presumably Argyle didn't "have the right" to take a point off Burton yesterday in that case?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Strange. Thought Argyle won 3-0 at Cheltenham. Basically an "i'm right about Brent and now i'm going to talk biased unfactual shit and subliminally put the boot into Sheridan because I turned against him a few weeks ago in spite of lecturing all and sundry for years for being knee jerking surrender monkeys" type of post. What the hell do you mean anyway by saying that Pompey "haven't got the right" to get something from the match? Why would that be-did Leicester not "have the right" to beat West Ham today despite occupying a far lower league position? Presumably Argyle didn't "have the right" to take a point off Burton yesterday in that case?
Great post Skinner, i bet Shez would rather have these surrender monkey back stabbers giving him stick, than shoulder to shoulder in the Trenches with him!!!!jocolor Grow some conkers x isle!
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Love reading Greenskin when he factually and subjectively dismantles posts from a lot of the ol' throbbing membranes that frankly haven't got a scooby wtf they're waffling on about half the time. lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Game,Set & Match.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Is it borrox. It's just one man's opinion. No more or less valid than mine.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 8:41 pm

Seven supporters coaches going, they hoping for around 2,000 argyle fan, there are room for over 3,000
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:35 am

Impressive away following. It's a shame they'll witness the official end of our tenuos 'promotion' campaign.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Game,Set & Match.

Particularly when you consider the performance against the mighty Dagenham not so very long ago, get in Jamie C.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Only one team can stop Argyle getting in the playoffs and thats Argyle. Even if we draw tomorrow we will remain in 7th unless we lose 6-0 and a team below us won 6-0. I'm saying 0-0 tomorrow. Even with 50 points Pompey are not safe so they should be up for it.
Back to top Go down
hippo

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Impressive away following. It's a shame they'll witness the official end of our tenuos 'promotion' campaign.

This, I just feel down about the rest of the season. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:17 pm

tigertony wrote:
Only one team can stop Argyle getting in the playoffs and thats Argyle. Even if we draw tomorrow we will remain in 7th unless we lose 6-0 and a team below us won 6-0. I'm saying 0-0 tomorrow. Even with 50 points Pompey are not safe so they should be up for it.  

Need to check your stats a little closer TT, if you draw and we beat Newport you go 6th, if you lose and Stevo beat Cheltenham, a distinct possibility, you go 8th.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Need to check your stats a little closer TT, if you draw and we beat Newport you go 6th, if you lose and Stevo beat Cheltenham, a distinct possibility, you go 8th.
Oooops - its an age thing y'know. I think Chelts will win tomorrow under Gary Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:36 am

tigertony wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Oooops - its an age thing y'know. I think Chelts will win tomorrow under Gary Johnson.

Well if Super Gary Johnson can do us all a favour that would be good as Stevo seem to have the easiest run in.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 am

I think Gary Johnson will make an excellent Argyle manager.
Back to top Go down

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:25 am

akagreengull wrote:

nahhh
---------------
im going for a argyle win today 2-1
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:47 am

Iggy wrote:
I think we can and should win this, pit it this way, if we can't beat a mid table side with one win in ten we might as well give up now.

I am going for 2-1 to the greens [although a draw would keep Argyle in the POs].

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

nahhh
---------------
im going for a argyle win today 2-1

Yeah!
agree though - one that Argyle can win , would go for 2 -1, if they turn up and don't play like donkeys again in the second half, as they did against Burton.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Exeter v Newport is 1300 KO

Listening live on line radio wales

Exeter used a sub after 15mins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pompey Monday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey Monday   Pompey Monday Empty

Back to top Go down