RegGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Bank Holiday Monday Football Empty
PostSubject: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:29 pm

So a lot of people are off work, why don't we have a game?

I remember the match against Forest in 2004 quite vividly, big crowd, fantastic atmosphere, 5 goals....I'm not saying a tie against Stevenage would be exactly the same, per se, but it's gotta be better than a Tuesday night...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Computer says no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm

England games this week I guess. Plus the media darlings don't want to cover just league 1 and 2 games on a bank holiday.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:47 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Computer says no.
computer says yes...if it benifits sky sports
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 am

There was a full programme in the Conference yesterday. Surely it would have been the perfect opportunity to get some bigger than usual attendances in the JPT?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am

That's a very good point, Chris. Stick on some games that tend to be forgotten about. If the game had been yesterday afternoon, I would still have lounged about on the sofa with a hangover, but I would have at least given attending the game a passing thought! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:03 pm

MikeWN wrote:
That's a very good point, Chris. Stick on some games that tend to be forgotten about. If the game had been yesterday afternoon, I would still have lounged about on the sofa with a hangover, but I would have at least given attending the game a passing thought! Very Happy

Laughing

I spent much of yesterday in bed, after trooping around the Dartmoor based pubs - started at The Lopes Arms (Roborough) moving on to The Devon Tors Inn and The Rock Inn (Yelverton), then over to The Royal Oak (Meavy), popped into The Skylark Inn (Clearbrook) and finally back to The Lopes Arms.

Great Sunday afternoon/early evening stroll and stopping for a pint or two at each pub. And the weather was good too.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 4:11 pm

Two games in three days no longer acceptable to modern players and fans it seems
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:58 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
MikeWN wrote:

Laughing

I spent much of yesterday in bed, after trooping around the Dartmoor based pubs - started at The Lopes Arms (Roborough) moving on to The Devon Tors Inn and The Rock Inn (Yelverton), then over to The Royal Oak (Meavy), popped into The Skylark Inn (Clearbrook) and finally back to The Lopes Arms.

Great Sunday afternoon/early evening stroll and stopping for a pint or two at each pub. And the weather was good too.

We just camped out at the Skylark. Beer was decent, if a bit big brand. Victor was Victor - nice as pie one second, miserable bugger the next. Quote of the day came from my mate Sue, when discussing the joys of getting home from the moor to the Bere peninsula: "If we're trying to ride Dartmoor ponies home at the end of the night, we've done something right!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bank Holiday Monday Football   Bank Holiday Monday Football Empty

Back to top Go down

Bank Holiday Monday Football
Page 1 of 1