Mapperley, darling
argyl3
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Oxford away - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Village, any chance you can de-clutter your signature area? My scroll finger is fookin worn out!

Deleted some stuff from my signature..
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:14 pm

0-0 bloody cold most of first half down Plymouth end most of second in Oxford end neither side looked like scoring argo had one shot vibrate the bar and another into the car park #3sidedstand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Last minute equaliser for Cambridge keeps us in a play-off spot.

Saving grace from oxford's most haed rivals in the boat racing world cambridge cheers cheers

newport next saturday is a MUST win given how close its getting
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Reid pretty much shut out of game by 2 defenders
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:17 pm

OK sort of result but needs to be followed up on Tuesday now,4 points from the two away games would be a good return. Best defensive record in the division but when the strikers aren't scoring....hmm.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Village, any chance you can de-clutter your signature area? My scroll finger is fookin worn out!

Ditto, it's giving me migraine trying to sort the posts from the sermons What a Face
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:23 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:38 pm

One of the dourest and blandest games I have seen from two dul, uninspired and disinterested sides.

Feck the point, can I have my £22 back please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 5:41 pm

1 trickling shot as each side's sole shot on target. The physios had more to do than the goalkeepers when three players clashes heads #realmatchfacts
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 6:11 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Thumbs

Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Sounded like a dire game from what I heard on the radio. Yeah I know, not a proper fan...an away point isn't too bad an outcome though.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Sounded like a dire game from what I heard on the radio. Yeah I know, not a proper fan...an away point isn't too bad an outcome though.

I thought that also.

It would have been better had Argyle taken all three points today.

They would have gone above Luton and put pressure on the hatters too.

Argyle have got to win at Dagenham on Tuesday, then follow that up next weekend when Newport visit.

Some interesting games on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tues 17 March

Dag & Red v Plymouth

Exeter v Stevenage  

Morecambe v Shrewsbury

Newport v Luton

Northampton v Carlisle

Wycombe v Accrington

WED 18 MAR 2015

Burton v Southend

Looking at the League Two table, it now seems that five clubs are chasing 6th and 7th spots.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 9:21 pm

2 teams that wanted to avoid a defeat. Argo do frighten me at 0-0 with 10 minutes to go. As 'village' says some interesting games coming up which puts more pressure on us to win at Daggers. It will be a battle alright with Daggers staring at the Skrill. Onwards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:36 pm

If you had seen the game it was painfully obvious no team was scoring. It was past 70 minutes when either side had a shot on target. And that was us - a piss weak trickling effort into their keeper's arms. I don't think we had another!
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:48 pm

Everybody was toothless. A very poor game. Enjoyed the whole day out though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 pm

It was better than Newport by virtue of the fact a) I wasn't soaking wet through, freezing cold with my jeans drenched and my pants vacuum sealed around my legs b) Oxford didn't physically batter us or score two goals.

The game was so boring and lethargic there wasn't even a yellow card.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:48 am

Can't wait for the photoshoots........ The players applaud the fans........The fans applaud the players........ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 9:58 am

I didn't applaud any of the players. Couldn't bring myself to clap that - I mean, what was I supposed to be appreciating?

The amount of people who were still swooning over Bobby Reid even though he had another poor game was rather cringeworthy as well.

Not even a yellow..!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:04 am

ejh wrote:
It was better than Newport by virtue of the fact a) I wasn't soaking wet through, freezing cold with my jeans drenched and my pants vacuum sealed around my legs b) Oxford didn't physically batter us or score two goals.

The game was so boring and lethargic there wasn't even a yellow card.

Matey got booked for his late studs up tackle on Drew Talbot. The ref played advantage at the time of the incident, but rightly went back to book him at the next break in play. Plus, we did have that chance from Reid which bounced on the line in the first half. There were plenty of efforts that were close from both sides, but the shots on target stats were poor. Put our strikers in that Oxford side though and they'd be winning handsomely most weeks.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 am

Hourihane scored again for Barnsley yesterday to take them into the play off spots. Just imagine his goals and set piece delivery in Argyle's team-we could have already started making the plans for the promotion piss up.

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 4:11 pm

And what goals would they be. The 16 in 142 appearances. Hardly Frank Lampard. Mind you, prolific compared to the midfield non entities we possess.

By the way, you clearly haven't seen his goal yesterday. He knew nothing about it.

At least he was in the box, somewhere he never was in Sheridan's team.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Rollo Tomasi[b] wrote:
And what goals would they be. [/b]The 16 in 142 appearances. Hardly Frank Lampard. Mind you, prolific compared to the midfield non entities we possess.

By the way, you clearly haven't seen his goal yesterday. He knew nothing about it.

At least he was in the box, somewhere he never was in Sheridan's team.

The ten he's scored for Barnsley this season, not to mention the nine he got for Argyle last season when he was apparently "nowhere near the box".
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:22 pm

How about the 9 he scored for us last season and 13 he's scored for Barnsley this season?? Sure he wasn't prolific in the Fletcher era, but he was a 19 year old taking his first steps in the football league. He's 24 now and really becoming a phenomenal midfielder in the football league, who knows how far he may go - I wouldn't say the Premier League is beyond him if he keeps developing at the rate he is.

His final goal at Home Park for us was something truly special and we were mugged by Barnsley to take 200 grand for him knowing full well how little would be available to reinvest in the squad. He scored a brace on his final appearance in green and you question his scoring ability? Jesus. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:35 pm

It's you that are being mugged. Plymouth 0 has appeared in 13 of our matches this season. We average a fraction over a goal a game. You now pine for the days of Hourihane ! Well all can say is what would a Friio be worth. Jesus wept indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Hourihane scored 10 in his last season with us, largely from open play, not many inside the area. And often playing a midfield role with defensive duties.

Anyone who saw us with Hourihane and without can see how badly we miss him.

All his long range strikes have been replaced by no-one. Forget individuals, O'Connor, Cox, Bobby Reid, Talbot, Blizzard, Norburn and Olly Lee ALL TOGETHER haven't replaced Hourihane.

Overrating his direct impact too much? Hardly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford away   Oxford away - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford away
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next