Elias
Josh Pope
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Why it all went as wrong as it did is something of a mystery but if you watch MotD on any night you'll see James Chester, Yannick Bolassie, Jason Puncheon, Ashley Barnes and in the past there's also been Joe Mason, David Stockdale, Craig Noone and others who have gone to enjoy success include Paul Gallagher and Kari Arnason. And that's just off the top of my head.

We could do with players of that quality again.

And a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

Indeed. Let's not forget he did tolerably well the first time around and since then got Swindon promoted, Wednesday promoted and Southend to Wembley. Sturrock was, probably still is, a first class manager - and there's very few without a stain on their record somewhere.

Argyle was a sinking ship the second time. Let's face it nothing improved when Mariner took over and it didn't get any better under Reid. I think our fish was rotten from the head (and I don't mean Sturrock) down.

Besides I'd assume it would be Wotton as manager with Sturrock as DoF - but that is an assumption.

I wouldn't be sad at all to see Sturrock come back.

All that said Sheridan is still our manager and may yet remain so for some considerable time so it's all fairly hypothetical.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Can I just remind you all that Gary Johnson is job hunting after his recent departure from The Glovers, think there may be something in it this time re Sheridan applying to another club. We should have got big Gary after he left Bristol city a few seasons ago.
Would Neil Warnock really come to H.P.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Why it all went as wrong as it did is something of a mystery but if you watch MotD on any night you'll see James Chester, Yannick Bolassie, Jason Puncheon, Ashley Barnes and in the past there's also been Joe Mason, David Stockdale, Craig Noone and others who have gone to enjoy success include Paul Gallagher and Kari Arnason. And that's just off the top of my head.

Didn't work because luggy couldn't deal with players with premiership and championship reps and standards and thats the truth.
The main reason Southampton gave him the boot as quick as they did is because he was trying to coach and treat premiership players like a league 2 ones and the players mutiny as a result.

League 1 an 2 is his level maybe just league 2 these days.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Well we certainly haven't got Premiership or Championship players reputations and standards to deal with (besides personally I say f**k 'em, you're employees, do as yer fekkin told).

They ARE league 2 players and we ARE in league 2, so that should work then. He's also got us* and Weds promoted from League 1 so his record 'upstairs' knocks the pants off Sheridan's.

On paper therefore it'd be an upgrade. Put it this way if anyone else with his CV got in everyone would be chuffed as nuts. I'm just unsure about the Wotton factor in the deal. Now if it were Cocko I'd be all for it, what's he doing these days?  

*yeah yeah, I know but are you really going to credit Bobby Williamson for it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:45 pm

X Isle wrote:
Well we certainly haven't got Premiership or Championship players reputations and standards to deal with (besides personally I say f**k 'em, you're employees, do as yer fekkin told).

They ARE league 2 players and we ARE in league 2, so that should work then. He's also got us* and Weds promoted from League 1 so his record 'upstairs' knocks the pants off Sheridan's.

On paper therefore it'd be an upgrade. I'm just unsure about the Wotton factor in the deal. Now if it were Cocko I'd be all for it, what's he doing these days?  

*yeah yeah, I know but are you really going to credit Bobby Williamson for it?

i was answering sfd on why it didnt work the second time around. i dont believe he will do anything of merit a 3rd time around.
coughlan is coaching at southend
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:46 pm

It appears to me that the Shez haters smell blood(after 1 defeat in 5) and for some reason see this as a good time pounce with their sharpened knives in an attempt to undermine him. Since this rumour broke last night I've read all sorts of shite posted by the usual suspects, he wasn't at the club yesterday Rolling Eyes  he's been talking to the Oldham chairman Rolling Eyes  he's only part time and isn't committed to the club Rolling Eyes  he's applied for every available job North of Bristol and South of Glasgow Rolling Eyes . The people making these accusations need to have a word with themselves, he may not be everyone's cup of tea because he's not a media whore or doesn't kiss the collected ass of the fanbase, some people may not rate his ability as a football manager or disagree with his tactics but stirring the pot at this crucial stage of the season where the playoffs are still a real possibility is shortsighted verging on suicidal imo. It leads me to question the agenda of some 'fans' and whether they really do want us to escape from this dogshit division. Things may not be perfect but the team is greatly improved under Sheridan, unfortunately some people have short memories, be very careful what you wish for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:47 pm

No to the thug. No to the Lugg. No to warnock.

Scholsey or Shez  will get the OAFC job and Tisdale will move from them kuunts up the road down to here, and work miracles on an already tight as fook budget and we'll be in the championship with 3 years.

So it is said, and so it shall pass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:59 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Can I just remind you all that Gary Johnson is job hunting after his recent departure from The Glovers, think there may be something in it this time re Sheridan applying to another club. We should have got big Gary after he left Bristol city a few seasons ago.
Would Neil Warnock really come to H.P.?

Wasn't Johnson interviewed same time as Bobby Williamson

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Didn't work because luggy couldn't deal with players with premiership and championship reps and standards and thats the truth.
The main reason Southampton gave him the boot as quick as they did is because he was trying to coach and treat premiership players like a league 2 ones and the players mutiny as a result.

League 1 an 2 is his level maybe just league 2 these days.

Apparently he hardly did any coaching. I think it was things like his appearance and demeanor that was mocked, I think a couple of senior pro's basically knocked on teh Chairmans door!
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 5:10 pm

And after clearly being the font of all knowledge as to how a football team should be run, what a revelation James Beattie's managerial career turned out to be laugh
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm

In these situations its best to deploy your ''spotters''.
Graiser on the A38 has seen a van being driven by a clown heading west with ''Joke in Here''
on the side? He also saw a car with the plate HAR 1T.
I sent that chap ''New all'' to the airport – reports all quiet – very quiet.
Reports of a car leaving Excretia at speed heading down west with the plate S1 NOB (could that be Tiz?)
Jethro saw the plate OR64 SAM - any ideas? And S11 UGG (Evans from Rotherham?)
Banana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Nothing seen so far, personally I hope Sheridan stays, but if he were to go we have to think who could come in and still maintain our promotion push, unfortunately Sturrocks a busted flush any yearning for him is based on past glories, no I think the person who has the potential to drive us on till end of the season is Warnock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
Nothing seen so far, personally I hope Sheridan stays, but if he were to go we have to think who could come in and still maintain our promotion push, unfortunately Sturrocks a busted flush any yearning for him is based on past glories, no I think the person who has the potential to drive us on till end of the season is Warnock

And will brent be prepared to give a guy who hasnt managed in this league for 20 years a opportunity to try and secure a playoff place when scraped it last time here or failing that give him the blank cheques he will want to bring in an entourage and scores of new players in the summer, and in january?

highly unlikely
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 pm

If Sir Shez applied for the job at Mansfield yes Mansfield, that says it all about working for the dismal Brent regime. .... Mansfield FFS.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:03 pm

It might just be that Mansfield is closer to home. You ain't no Sherlock are you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

And will brent be prepared to give a guy who hasnt managed in this league for 20 years a opportunity to try and secure a playoff place when scraped it last time here or failing that give him the blank cheques he will want to bring in an entourage and scores of new players in the summer, and in january?

highly unlikely

Well that may be but Warnock's record speaks for itself, but it's an opinion and I'm not suggesting anything for Warnock beyond this season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

highly unlikely

Well that may be but Warnock's record speaks for itself, but it's an opinion and I'm not suggesting anything for Warnock beyond this season
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It might just be that Mansfield is closer to home. You ain't no Sherlock are you.

Football managers are no different to players - their working careers are highly nomadic, and wholely dependent on where a vacancy comes up. Hence we currently have a Mancunian working in Plymouth but living in Yorkshire. If the job is right, geography is largely secondary.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Football managers are no different to players - their working careers are highly nomadic, and wholely dependent on where a vacancy comes up. Hence we currently have a Mancunian working in Plymouth but living in Yorkshire. If the job is right, geography is largely secondary.

Well he wasn't that nomadic as he never strayed far from home as a player. A  50 mile radius from Sheffield would cover the eight clubs he represented. Mansfield, if true, would fall inside that as well.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a campaign led by pasoti against Sheridan, when the @johnshez1 twitter account is run by Webb/ Newell. For those who haven't seen it, it portrays shez as an alcoholic womaniser.

I wouldn't mind the return of Sturrock - he's a fantastic manager in the 2 lower leagues and his football style suits it. Whether he still has the same contacts to bring in quality players remains to be seen but they must be better than Shez' contacts/ scouts who recommended Ryan Brunt. I would prefer Cocko back to Wotton, although I don't really know how good a coach wotton is to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if there was a campaign led by pasoti against Sheridan, when the @johnshez1 twitter account is run by Webb/ Newell. For those who haven't seen it, it portrays shez as an alcoholic womaniser.

I wouldn't mind the return of Sturrock - he's a fantastic manager in the 2 lower leagues and his football style suits it. Whether he still has the same contacts to bring in quality players remains to be seen but they must be better than Shez' contacts/ scouts who recommended Ryan Brunt. I would prefer Cocko back to Wotton, although I don't really know how good a coach wotton is to be honest.

Sure im not the only to see the irony of webb being involved with an account portraying someone as a womaniser
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

Well he wasn't that nomadic as he never strayed far from home as a player. A  50 mile radius from Sheffield would cover the eight clubs he represented. Mansfield, if true, would fall inside that as well.

If you're lucky enough to have a couple dozen potential clubs within that 50 mile radius, and you're as good as Shez was as a player, well yeah, it's fairly easy to stay 'in the north'. It obviously ain't that easy as a gaffer though, which is why he's ended up here. If you did a survey of all the managers in the four leagues, I'm pretty sure the majority would be managing where they are, overwhelmingly due to job availability, rather than the club being close to where the family home is.

Anyway the point I was sort of making was that Shez potentially wanting to leave wouldn't be an issue if everything was 'right' at PAFC.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 pm

In the big scheme of things why would you leave a club like Argyle for mansfield? unless Shez thinks the club under Brent is going nowhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

I stand corrected, I thought he lived in Leeds - not much difference in any case, as you say there is a glut of Northern holes in the vicinity of either cities!! I should imagine his family would play a big part in any decision and I have no problem with that as an excuse - I have the same outlook every time this sort of thing comes up and if they don't want to be or live close to their pay packet I want them out, simple!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm not really one for nostalgia when it comes to potential new managers.

I couldn't really give a fook if he has ECFC tattooed across his forehead. If he is potentially a better manager than someone who 'bleeds green', then he gets my vote.

BFMFTJ (BEST FOOKIN MAN FOR THE JOB) should be the person to get the job.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:57 pm

Joe Kinnear plz.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shez in talks with Oldham..
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next