AstiSpumante
Elias
Josh Pope
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

Shez in talks with Oldham.. Empty
PostSubject: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 pm

This time it doesn't seem to be just a rumour..

BBC Radio Manchester:
The @OfficialOAFC 'I'm in touch with Iain Dowie and I know what he brings to the table - I'm in touch with John Sheridan too'

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:51 pm

doubt it he left on bad terms didnt he ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:53 pm

still no too sturrock and warnock
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:55 pm

And who could blame him, an ambitous L1 club with a new Grandstand being built added to his previous connections with them, geddon Sherry, do the right thing for yourself and your family, the majority down here have shown you little appreciation or respect IMO and you owe them nothing, I for one will be sad to see you go and wish you well for the future.

The nightmare of Sturrock mk3 looms ever nearer FFS !!
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 7:58 pm

I don't really like Shez that much but right now would much rather he stays.. Warnock would make much more sense than Sturrock, surely?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:13 pm

jesus josh !
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Just been looking on the Oldham forum, Paul Tisdale has been named as a possible manager for them also ?.

There is a lot of interest in Paul Scholes. JS gets a mention or two.

robboman
OWTB Member

I'd have Sheridan back... sod it!

OldHallam
OWTB Member

Dail Mail article ...mmmm yeah bang on as usual or is it. Suspect Paul has said booger all to them. They write what they want to sell the papers and sit back and laugh. Take it with a pinch of salt. If Scholes not interested now I would bin the idea longer term as well or do we want 100 more threads?

Tricky Ricky nice words but IOM for Oldham when well established Physio. Is it a realistic option or leave with status intact.

Dont subscribe to the out of our range for some managers. Unless just lazy overpaid types. If they are out of work they might just put in a two year stint. Average is 121 games at latics including JR and Frizz so average must be much lower. Think Ferguson Jr would be interested.

Shez has said he's determined to develop Plymouth as starting to make progress but then again still retains home as South Yorkshire and we all know these managers lie. Can anyone explain how we are said to have been keen on Shez last time as cant recall ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:41 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Just been looking on the Oldham forum, Paul Tisdale has been mentioned as a possible manager for them ?.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sherridan has worked a miracle at Argyle, he's been forced to use the loan market because of a totaly non ambitious owner and got the club to eighth, he should get manager of the season not stick from football dimwits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Shez not at HP today Errington tweet - wonder where he was?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Will have to wait and see how it all pans out - Leeds to Oldham 36miles, got to be tempting for him!! Just hope our lot hold out for decent compo if it transpires!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:47 pm

My views on Sheridan are well documented on here, I'm one of those numpties who shows him little appreciation or respect for getting the approximately 7th or so best budget (depending on who you listen to) to slightly below 7th in the league. Not enough to get the bunting out at the prospects of him leaving but not enough to get the violins out either.

That said, if his replacement is Wotton, Sturrock or a combination of the two then count me in as Team Shez all the way. I can't see that ending in anything but disaster, no matter how much I try to convince myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 pm

As its well documented he has done a decent job considering the shower off a squad he took over and the reluctant one as a boss who will fund a starting 11 but nothing after that.

If he goes i wouldnt blame him at all especially the hate campaign from pasoti an that twitter account too. If sturrock comes back and or wotton the utter prick takeover from him i will no longer consider myself a fan of the club.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:07 pm

If he goes we can write off promotion this season.

How much compo would Brent demand? I reckon shit all.

I'd go, if I were him...so it's just whether Oldham think they can get someone better in, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:17 pm

Most managerial appointments end in disaster.

Sheridan is now well up the list of longest serving managers. In terms of his career arc it is time for him to either hunker down for the long haul and hope that his relationship with Brent is strong enough to guarantee him a few more years yet or to think that the end is nigh and start casting around for his next career move.

The Wotton/Sturrock axis as a potential successor seems unpopular but I can't really see why. Wotton is all badged up (?) and so will be up to scratch with modern coaching philosophy, was always a model pro in terms of attitude and commitment and always organised those around him when he played.

Lack of managerial experience and contacts are the curse of all new managers but Wottsy has been around a bit and for a long time so he must have made some mates along the way and many of his contemperaries will now be in management positions at other clubs. Where he falls short Sturrock would be the ideal go to man to fill gaps and Sturrock is probably keen to get back into the game and this opportunity would appear to be his best route back given that nobody has taken him on since he left Southend. On top of which Wotton was Sturrock's captain so the mutual respect and trust necessary for it to work must be in place.

I can't see any reason at all to believe that the idea is a bad one which is far more than can be said for Wotton/Warnock. I can't see Warnock playing second fiddle to anybody, he'd want a budget (and a wage) that would give Brent conniptions and i don't think the personal relationship is there.

I can see a good case for Sturrock but not for Warnock - unless he decides that he wants to buy Brent out and be The Man. Now that I could see happening...
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Most managerial appointments end in disaster.

Sheridan is now well up the list of longest serving managers. In terms of his career arc it is time for him to either hunker down for the long haul and hope that his relationship with Brent is strong enough to guarantee him a few more years yet or to think that the end is nigh and start casting around for his next career move.

The Wotton/Sturrock axis as a potential successor seems unpopular but I can't really see why. Wotton is all badged up (?) and so will be up to scratch with modern coaching philosophy, was always a model pro in terms of attitude and commitment and always organised those around him when he played.

Lack of managerial experience and contacts are the curse of all new managers but Wottsy has been around a bit and for a long time so he must have made some mates along the way and many of his contemperaries will now be in management positions at other clubs and where he falls short Sturrock would be the ideal go to man to fill gaps and is probably keen to get back into the game and this would appear to be his only route in given that nobody has taken him on since he left Southend. On top of which given that Wotton was Sturrock's captain then the mutual respect and trust necessary for it to work must be in place.

I can't see any reason at all to believe that the idea is a bad one which is far more than can be said for Wotton/Warnock. I can't see Warnock playing second fiddle to anybody, he'd want a budget (and a wage) that would give Brent conniptions and i don't think the personal relationship is there.

I can see a good case for Sturrock but not for Warnock - unless he decides that he wants to buy Brent out and be The Man. Now that I could see happening...

because SFD its not a football decision to appoint them it will be the free masonary like buddy system in place at the club that will see them in a job over anyone else who may be better suited.

Sturrock failed royally the last time here and divided the fans who fought literally with each other with some seeing him as a failure and others still living in the 2002-04 era.
Do really want to be setting ambitions low and appoint a guy in a job for the 3rd time because a few fans on a forum cant get out of the past and think of the future.
As for Wotton as a coach maybe as an assistant too he could have a briht future he has done well with the defence for one this season, but he is one of the most ill suited people for a managers role there can be. He is an absolute knob of a bloke so the mates bit might be stretching it abit lol
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 12:25 am

I think the idea that Pasoti is in favour and so Brent will do it is a bit like the tail wagging the dog. If it's all over Pasoti it's more likely to be because Brent wants it there.

Not that I care because I don't think it's such a bad idea. Besides not having a contingency plan should Sheridan up and go would be negligent in the extreme. Giving Wotton/Sturrock until the end of the season would be a shrewd move in the short term, in the medium term they'd be auditioning for the job full-time and in the longer term it would enable a proper recruitment process to take place just in time for the contract renewal stage at the end of the season.

I can't really see a downside and if Wotton really is an arrogant knob then they are two qualities probably quite desirable in a football manager. Regardless it would be results and performances until the end of the season that would matter most regarding his appointment. If it happens and if Sheridan decides to go (which I am not saying that he will).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 12:35 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I think the idea that Pasoti is in favour and so Brent will do it is a bit like the tail wagging the dog. If it's all over Pasoti it's more likely to be because Brent wants it there.

Not that I care because I don't think it's such a bad idea. Besides not having a contingency plan should Sheridan up and go would be negligent in the extreme. Giving Wotton/Sturrock until the end of the season would be a shrewd move in the short term, in the medium term they'd be auditioning for the job full-time and in the longer term it would enable a proper recruitment process to take place just in time for the contract renewal stage at the end of the season.

I can't really see a downside and if Wotton really is an arrogant knob then they are two qualities probably quite desirable in a football manager. Regardless it would be results and performances until the end of the season that would matter most regarding his appointment. If it happens and if Sheridan decides to go (which I am not saying that he will).

it would stink of a village mentality and small mined jannarism to re re appoint someone because he is local and no club has offered him work since he was fire 2 years ago at southend. What if he fails to get promoted again does 2 failues out do the 1 good spell? or do we hire him again for a 4th and a 5th till he gets it right.

Wotton is an arrogant bully as we saw with zebroski and lengths he drove him to and always has been. been one minded might be a goo trait as a leader you got o have people skills to match that.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:10 am

I wouldn't have such a problem with Wotton being given until the end of the season (or ideally for a month or so) whilst a thorough recruitment process takes place. I'd have a big problem with him being given it long-term until he has proven he's the best man for the job.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:47 am

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

it would stink of a village mentality and small mined jannarism to re re appoint someone because he is local and no club has offered him work since he was fire 2 years ago at southend. What if he fails to get promoted again does 2 failues out do the 1 good spell? or do we hire him again for a 4th and a 5th till he gets it right.

Wotton is an arrogant bully as we saw with zebroski and lengths he drove him to and always has been. been one minded might be a goo trait as a leader you got o have people skills to match that.

I'm with SFD.
Wasn't it Hartley who said that he really enjoyed working with Wotton and he's a pretty seasoned campaigner and as for Wotton bullying poor little Zebroski give me a break. If anybody is an arrogant pr#ck it's Zebrowski.
I think it's a good fit and if Sheridan goes then give them a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:02 am

Sturrock my arse. It would be the end for me whether Wotton is a top bloke or not, fed up with being taken for a ride. Wotton needs to go and prove himself non league and Sturrock is not up to full time management IMO. Cheap fixes should be treated with derision.
Has nobody got a better imagination than that? I despair.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 am

I could see Wotton in the model of a young Graham Westley actually, and I can't say I'd be too keen on that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:00 am

I'm not convinced that a tweet from the Oldham chairman = Sheridan in talks with Oldham with a view to becoming their next manager.

However, if he has actually applied for jobs recently and is actively applying for other jobs on an ongoing basis, then I'd rather he fecked off now and give someone else a chance to salvage something from this season.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 8:14 am

As Czar' says, there's a bit of a leap being made here. The context of the comment was simply that he still speaks to Sheridan, having been his chairman when he was there before.

It makes 'who comes next' a bit of a moot point. Sheridan is the Argyle manager.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:14 am

Josh Pope wrote:
I could see Wotton in the model of a young Graham Westley actually, and I can't say I'd be too keen on that.

Graham Westley where ever he has managed has been quite successful.
I would be happy to have Wotton do the same.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 am

gasser9 wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Graham Westley where ever he has managed has been quite successful.
I would be happy to have Wotton do the same.

Don't think you'd get much support if you said that on a PNE forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shez in talks with Oldham..   Shez in talks with Oldham.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Shez in talks with Oldham..
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next