green_genie
GreenSam
Sir Francis Drake
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hitch

Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Hitch wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Although costings would be higher in League One, revenue would also be undoubtedly higher. As SFD said, just look at the share sales of the directors after they took the club up two leagues.

I agree that Brent isn't actively ploughing his own money (as opposed to the club's funds) into this promotion push but at the same time I think the idea that he's actively trying to avoid it is so far off the mark it's unreal. Ask yourself, if an owner is looking to sell the club would he prefer to sell a League One club or a League Two club as a going concern? Which club would command a higher selling price? It's an absolute no brainer for me.

As a Championship Club with no debt and recognised as one of the best financially run clubs in all the Leagues, the value of the Club was £3 million. How can Mr B possibly believe that as a 4th Division Club with shitloads of debt the Club is worth £2.25 million?

I wouldn't disagree with that valuation of £3m whilst in the Championship. But just how did Stapleton manage to con the Japanese into paying almost that sum for just 20%? And then expect them to kick in more when the shit hit the fan financially?

I think it is widely appreciated that Kagami knew nothing about football. He looked at a Balance Sheet which had been boosted with the cash from the sale of a number of players and agreed a valuation based on that Balance Sheet. No due diligence, no idea. More money than sense, a bit like the person Mr B now seeks.

If ever there was an indictment of precisely where the priorities lay for the Stapleton era of custodians of the club there it is.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
So, in your considered opinion Damon, did the Stapleton, Dennerley, Gill, etc Board of Directors set out to sell half the team with the intention of cashing in on the healthy bank balance?

As I recall, the club was solvent before the fire sale.

I think it was a very tidy coincidence of timing. Players like Norris and Hamolsi wanting to move on - and my and Nick's shares available.

As for not buying the freehold, it didn't actually cost us anything - the mortgage payments were less than the rent. I do believe it was a mistake in that it attracted the vultures Todd and Gardener but in saying it was a mistake it was ultimately the thing that kept the club alive.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 1:21 pm

So does a very tidy coincidence of timing mean yes or no?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm

The amounts received exceeded the amounts they paid out so yes, they cashed in.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm

You've answered yes to a question I've not asked. Did they deliberately set out to improve the bank balance (and therefore the share price) by selling the best players?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:27 pm

How am I supposed to answer that - I was not sat in the room with them.

Edited to add - but it sure looks that way.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Hitch wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Hitch wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
Although costings would be higher in League One, revenue would also be undoubtedly higher. As SFD said, just look at the share sales of the directors after they took the club up two leagues.

I agree that Brent isn't actively ploughing his own money (as opposed to the club's funds) into this promotion push but at the same time I think the idea that he's actively trying to avoid it is so far off the mark it's unreal. Ask yourself, if an owner is looking to sell the club would he prefer to sell a League One club or a League Two club as a going concern? Which club would command a higher selling price? It's an absolute no brainer for me.

As a Championship Club with no debt and recognised as one of the best financially run clubs in all the Leagues, the value of the Club was £3 million. How can Mr B possibly believe that as a 4th Division Club with shitloads of debt the Club is worth £2.25 million?

I wouldn't disagree with that valuation of £3m whilst in the Championship. But just how did Stapleton manage to con the Japanese into paying almost that sum for just 20%? And then expect them to kick in more when the shit hit the fan financially?

I think it is widely appreciated that Kagami knew nothing about football. He looked at a Balance Sheet which had been boosted with the cash from the sale of a number of players and agreed a valuation based on that Balance Sheet. No due diligence, no idea. More money than sense, a bit like the person Mr B now seeks.

If ever there was an indictment of precisely where the priorities lay for the Stapleton era of custodians of the club there it is.

Run by fans, for fans. 'I'll never hear a bad word spoken about that man and his lovely family'. pig Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
How am I supposed to answer that - I was not sat in the room with them.

Edited to add - but it sure looks that way.

Thank you, no further questions m'lud!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3