AstiSpumante
green_genie
GreenSam
Sir Francis Drake
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans Empty
PostSubject: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:47 am

James Brent does not want Argyle to get promotion from League 2. It's this is all part of a big conspiracy to keep the club in the bottom division for the long hall.
4 subs on the bench under control of the clown Sheridan is living proof of his long term intent.
Pasoti and the superfans are just political tools in helping him to achieve his despicable end state, a benchmark League 2 side unable to escape from the bottom division. They are keeping the club down from within.
Do Webb and Newell want promotion? of course they don't and do you know why? Promotion will mean more people through the gates potentially upsetting the super-fan cliques that have their greasy little hands in the sweetie shop.
Being a big fish in a little pond sadly is the height of ambition for most of the swines that inhabit Pasoti and with that mentality they go arm in arm with Brent and his plans for PAFC.
None of them want promotion this is all a conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:40 am

Well I suppose it's a theory.

It's nonsensical stuff though.

Brent is all about balance sheets and paper value. A football club in L1 would have a greater paper value than one in L2 and for that reason alone he'd like to see us promoted, I'm sure of it.

He'd also relish the extra £ notes cash that would flood in from increased attendances and merchandise sales that would accompany a successful run.

The question has to be why are we so desperately cash-strapped all of the time?

Maybe the Natatomissam accounts, due soon, will shed a little light.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:30 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Brent is all about balance sheets and paper value. A football club in L1 would have a greater paper value than one in L2 and for that reason alone he'd like to see us promoted, I'm sure of it.

He'd also relish the extra £ notes cash that would flood in from increased attendances and merchandise sales that would accompany a successful run.

Completely agreed and well argued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 am

But also the higher up the ladder a club rises, the more costs will automatically rise, and if we've established one thing it's that Jimmy B doesn't like money going out. Would promotion trigger any automatic wage rises for under contract players? And players at the end of a contract would certainly want more cash if Argyle wanted to keep them.

I wonder if attendance would rise hugely in L1; it's not beyond the realms to imagine that Argyle would struggle in that division (given what they think passes for a competitive budget in L2...) and there might not be so many more for a struggling team in L1 than for a top-half of the table one in L2. Surely if L1 was going to bring brighter prospects financially, it would make sense for Brent to invest a bit now to guarantee a promotion push.

The question SFD asks is a key one, however. If only there was some kind of organisation whose remit was to get that kind of info and keep fans in the loop...
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:20 am

The only real reason for Brent not to want promotion is that it triggers a rent rise in the lease.

If he is planning to exercise buyback clause in Oct 2016 it would cost him.

Can't remember increase but wouldn't think it would cost as much as would come in through promotion
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 am

So it seems promotion to L1 might not be such a mouthwatering prospect for B Rent after all, the plot thickens Suspect
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 am

Is there not also an agreement in place that a certain sum of money [ not sure how much] would have to be paid to outstanding secured creditors if promotion was achieved?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:28 am

green_genie wrote:
The only real reason for Brent not to want promotion is that it triggers a rent rise in the lease.

Can't remember increase but wouldn't think it would cost as much as would come in through promotion

AstiSpumante wrote:
So it seems promotion to L1 might not be such a mouthwatering prospect for B Rent after all, the plot thickens Suspect

Completely agreed and well argued. Both of you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:38 am

AstiSpumante wrote:

Its a conspiracy...I am 120 per cent convinced.
The Council are involved, the Evil regime at HP, the dimwits and the money lender whose name I shall not mention.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:48 am

green_genie wrote:

Regardless of promotion I wonder who he could persuade to stump up the cash to buy the freehold back and based on what repayment/exit model. He won't be paying for it himself.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:51 am

Angry wrote:
green_genie wrote:

AstiSpumante wrote:

No it isn't.

We've seen exactly how the value of the club and the turnover and everything increases as we rise up through the leagues during the Sturrock mk I era and exactly how the opposite happens during the slump that led to admin.

How much did Messrs Gill, Foot, Jones & co sell up for again? How much did they pay to buy in?

For heaven's sake this isn't even in dispute! It's all on the record somewhere.

The don't-want-to-go-up hypothesis is at best irrational and deeply and fundamentally flawed.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 10:02 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
green_genie wrote:

AstiSpumante wrote:

No it isn't.

We've seen exactly how the value of the club and the turnover and everything increases as we rise up through the leagues during the Sturrock mk I era and exactly how the opposite happens during the slump that led to admin.

How much did Messrs Gill, Foot, Jones & co sell up for again? How much did they pay to buy in?

The don't-want-to-go-up hypothesis is at best irrational and deeply and fundamentally flawed.

i disagree
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
green_genie wrote:

AstiSpumante wrote:

No it isn't.

But it's fair to say Brent is not showing any REAL ambition for us to go up, wants it on the cheap and by loan signings, he is not backing the manager in any meaningful way at all from what we can see!

Mid table is Brents title!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 pm

charleymouse wrote:
But also the higher up the ladder a club rises, the more costs will automatically rise, and if we've established one thing it's that Jimmy B doesn't like money going out. Would promotion trigger any automatic wage rises for under contract players? And players at the end of a contract would certainly want more cash if Argyle wanted to keep them.

I wonder if attendance would rise hugely in L1; it's not beyond the realms to imagine that Argyle would struggle in that division (given what they think passes for a competitive budget in L2...) and there might not be so many more for a struggling team in L1 than for a top-half of the table one in L2. Surely if L1 was going to bring brighter prospects financially, it would make sense for Brent to invest a bit now to guarantee a promotion push.

The question SFD asks is a key one, however. If only there was some kind of organisation whose remit was to get that kind of info and keep fans in the loop...
A fair point made but maybe try less sarcastic if possible. Or don't, I'm not arsed frankly.

AFT reps are meeting with Martyn Starnes at the weekend (documented meeting so minutes will be out) so I will add your question to the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:06 pm

GreenSam wrote:
charleymouse wrote:

A fair point made but maybe try less sarcastic if possible. Or don't, I'm not arsed frankly.

AFT reps are meeting with Martyn Starnes at the weekend (documented meeting so minutes will be out) so I will add your question to the list.

Could you incorporate that when you post in future then please not just here but over there too.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:32 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I agree both for the sensible stuff written above and secondly as much as I'm disillusioned with the club and everything surrounding it people can't have it both ways - either Brent knows his stuff or he doesn't.

Let's just say that the OP is correct and that Brent wants the club to stay in L2. How many people has he shared this with? Certainly not the players of the manager. Starnes? Even if you extend this conspiracy to Brent, the board and Starnes then let's run with it.

Brent, who many on here say knows nothing about football, is managing in an "Ashleyesque" fashion to guide Argyle away from any relegation battle whilst at the same time ensuring that we do not reach the play offs. By everyone's admission this is deemed "a dog-shit" of a division where anyone can beat anyone else and where over a third of the clubs will either be relegated or get into the play offs. If Brent really is guiding Argyle into a hassle free 9th-12th position in the league he not only does know something about football, he's a feckin genius. All of this whilst we hold onto (currently) a 20 goals a season striker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 5:12 pm

I wasn't really aiming the sarcasm at you, GreenSam, it was just general sarcasm. I was recently described as 'the most sarcastic man in the world', which I took as a compliment, so I will be carrying on with the sarcasm, if you don't mind!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:06 pm

It would take a better man than James Brent to guide PAFC into a position that is not pushing for promotion or worried about relegation.......those that believe such tosh will be saying next that Reid and Alessandra have been told to put the scoring breaks on.....because we've been doing too well and have to be reminded that PAFC's target is mid-table oblivion.

Those of you who think that have allowed your hatred for Brent,the Directors,PASOTI and those that run it, plus PAFC in general to let your brains become addled with hopes of failure.....because you can't cope with James Brent & CO succeeding in getting PAFC out of this division.

Do you actually think that John Sheridan wouldn't know that the target for this season and all seasons for ever and ever....is mid-table oblivion......any football manager or his staff who are worth their salt would have gone from such a Club situation long ago........if that was the case why was Fletcher sacked at all.....his lack of experience would have secured that target for Brent & CO.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Paul Wotton wouldn't have got involved with such a ludicrous plan of such absurdity.

You must of all been getting worried before Christmas that Brent's devious plan was going wrong as Argyle climbed the league into a promotion challenging spot.

It's all laughable really isn't it that such an approach of mid-table oblivion could even have been contemplated........you've brought a smile to my face and others as well......pull the other leg please.....oh dear where's the tissues.....I haven't laughed this much for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

I truly believe that Brent does want promotion and moreover needs it for his plans to come to fruition. I think he has been relatively loose with the cash his season (albeit I guess in loaning money to the club) - the loan signings point to that - with the aim, as far as it is possible to, to ensure promotion.

I fear for us if we don't get out of the league this year. Will he 'splash' the cash again and would the fans turn up in the same numbers to watch another season in this fag end of a division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Some conspiratorial posts up on this one - I suppose the only thing to always keep in the back of your mind is that our lord and saviour never 'plans' to lose money, therefore all angles are up for grabs. Particularly fancy the one with regards to the hike in rent and how that could tie up with the offer to buy the property at the lowest cost available if we did go up - would like to see the costings there!!

Last edited by Bandwagon on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Of course Brent wants promotion, just like we all do, however, he want's to achieve it as 'cheaply' as possible.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Didn't Newell say apt of teams in this league didn't want to go up. I'm pretty sure he doesn't, success brings out the plaaaastics doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Some conspiratorial posts up on this one - I suppose the only thing to always keep in the back of your mind is that our lord and saviour never 'plans' to lose money, therefore all angles are up for grabs. Particularly fancy the one with regards to the hike in rent and how that could tie up with the offer to buy the property at the lowest cost available if we did go up - would like to see the costings there!!

Right. Not posting on phone so able to check details.

Rent increase doesn't kick in until reach Championship (stop giggling at the back) when goes up 150% and 300% if reach Premiership.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Of course Brent wants promotion, just like we all do, however, he want's to achieve it as 'cheaply' as possible.........

I don't think it's as far fetched as some of you seem to think. There is a massive difference between going for promotion and REALLY GOING for promotion. If Jim realises that getting to league 1 will not massively benefit his bank balance and that there could be a risk of him actually having to spend a bit more then promotion push lite could easily be deployed, keep the squad good enough for us to stay away from the danger zone while at the same time keeping a fierce grip on the purse strings, if we manage to fluke promotion, well shit happens. This strategy could be instigated by one man without the need to involve others. There are many different scales of 'going for it', can anybody honestly say that this one feels like anything other than the half-hearted pound shop version?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans   Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent, Pasoti and the super-fans
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next