The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr President

Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent Empty
PostSubject: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi All

Please see link below

Chris

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Good to see Joe public being listened too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 pm

If he's serious, and not just paying lip service after the event, then well done to the man.

Let's hope there's no more repeats. Actually there won't be, because we'll be lucky to see half yesterday's gate for the rest of the season.

Chris, you may be able to answer this:

Before the kick off, the stewards moved the segregation banner to extend the Torquay 'end'. Surely, they knew how many Torquay fans were coming from tickets sold? Or were Torquay POTD too? If it was ticket only for Torquay, why didn't the stewards have sufficient seating for them segregated well before 1450?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Couple of points regarding this. If the POTD figure was around 5,000, that still meant that nearly 8,000 tickets were sold in advance. Now that's probably double the amount usually sold, so would it not have been reasonable to assume that double the amount of POTD fans would attend? Also wondered if the club would be looking into the claims of racist chanting from the area where the Argyle Ultras congregate, as posted on Pasoti. Just wouldn't have thought that ANY racist behaviour would be tolerated, especially from a group that are linked to the club President? Or are the Forza Verde 1886 group the brainchild of Mr Webb in his other hat jocolor and not his club Presidents hat?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:26 pm

greenjock wrote:
Couple of points regarding this. If the POTD figure was around 5,000, that still meant that nearly 8,000 tickets were sold in advance. Now that's probably double the amount usually sold, so would it not have been reasonable to assume that double the amount of POTD fans would attend? Also wondered if the club would be looking into the claims of racist chanting from the area where the Argyle Ultras congregate, as posted on Pasoti. Just wouldn't have thought that ANY racist behaviour would be tolerated, especially from a group that are linked to the club President? Or are the Forza Verde 1886 group the brainchild of Mr Webb in his other hat jocolor and not his club Presidents hat?

Well thats a new low for ATD to try and use a few vile individuals who happened to get a ticket in a certain block to link me with racism.

Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Cerbera wrote:
If he's serious, and not just paying lip service after the event, then well done to the man.

Let's hope there's no more repeats. Actually there won't be, because we'll be lucky to see half yesterday's gate for the rest of the season.

Chris, you may be able to answer this:

Before the kick off, the stewards moved the segregation banner to extend the Torquay 'end'. Surely, they knew how many Torquay fans were coming from tickets sold? Or were Torquay POTD too? If it was ticket only for Torquay, why didn't the stewards have sufficient seating for them segregated well before 1450?

Yeah they were POTD as well mate........they pre-sold 1300ish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Well thats a new low for ATD to try and use a few vile individuals who happened to get a ticket in a certain block to link me with racism.

Pathetic.

It's not exactly linking you with racism is it as in "Chris Webb condones racism".

Merely pointing out that these individuals were in the area that the choir (sorry Ultras) were and as you were behind forming them maybe some kind of statement regarding it and the action being taken should be forthcoming.

Afterall many people now see you as the President and would expect just that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Pathetic.

Hold on a minute. So the area where you told people to congregate as Ultras, to sing and chant and create atmosphere, had singing and chanting of a racist nature, but this didn't come from the Argyle Ultra's which is an open group and anyone is welcome? I asked if the club was going to look into the racist chanting so that this kind of thing is stamped out. If it isn't going to be investigated then I guess these people might turn up again in the area designated for the Argyle Ultras. Just don't think it's what the club wants Chris. Obviously nobody present as " Forza Verde 1886" reported the racist chanting going on all around them, otherwise the culprits would have been apprehended and charged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Pathetic.

Chris, greenjock speaks for himself. Not everyone on ATD agrees with him. This isn't Pasoti where one party line only is tolerated. He's entitled to his opinion. Perhaps what you should have posted was:

'Well that's a new low for greenjock to try and use a few vile individuals who happen to get a ticket in a certain block to link me with racism.

Pathetic.'

Quick edit as I see you have commented on my points.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 pm

You have to fear that Cowdery might be (should be) censured. He was hardly peddling the same line as Brent. All very bad cop good cop. Will the real Argyle please stand up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Pathetic.

Chris, greenjock speaks for himself. Not everyone on ATD agrees with him. This isn't Pasoti where one party line only is tolerated. He's entitled to his opinion. Perhaps what you should have posted was:

'Well that's a new low for greenjock to try and use a few vile individuals who happen to get a ticket in a certain block to link me with racism.

Pathetic.'

Quick edit as I see you have commented on my points.

Exactly Chris. I speak for myself and am also in no way associated with Penzance Pirate Laughing Did you see what I did there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent   Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Statement on Torquay - A Message from James Brent
Page 1 of 1