Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Statement: Response to James Brent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moderator

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:33 am

During the recent fans forum meeting, attended by James Brent and others from PAFC, the moderators of Argyle Talk Democratic wish to address one of the comments made by Mr Brent.

Argyle Talk Democratic is an independent fans forum which is not tied in any way to PAFC, apart from, of course, being supporters of the football club. Some views are controversial, criticism is often made of the players, the manager, the board of Directors and the owner, as is the way with similar forums throughout the country. The one key theme throughout is that all posters want the football club to succeed.

The particular comment referred to the use of social media by Argyle fans and one fan in particular who made a very unpleasant remark about Mr Brent and his appearance. ATD deplores this type of comment and always moderates the forum in such a way as to ensure that such comments do not appear for long, as we are sure, do the moderators of the Facebook page on which it was made.

The fact that Mr Brent chose to make this comment is unfortunate given the circumstances of his relationship with the co-owner of another PAFC fans forum, know as Pasoti. This co-owner, Mr Ian Newell has frequently said that Mr Brent is a close personal friend, therefore we can only assume that Mr Brent is aware of the activities of Mr Newell on the internet over several years. He has been at the centre of a number of controversial activities involving a number of websites, where his conduct can be said to be, at the very least, questionable.

It is right for Mr Brent to draw attention to the abuse that he has received. ATD supports him fully in that. What has to be pointed out however, is that it is not correct for Mr Brent to criticise the use of social media generally, when one of his personal friends has used it to bully and troll other users over the years and continues to do so.

We would request Mr Brent disassociates himself from the fans forum know as Pasoti, as his continued association with Mr Newell and therefore the website, does him, and the football club no favours. In fact, it is our view that Mr Newell's actions on the internet over the years, whilst being linked to the football club, could be said to have brought the club into disrepute.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

avatar

Posts : 2600
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 39
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:52 am

Thumbs

As a preious mod I agree 100% with the above statement.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

avatar

Posts : 9182
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 68
Location : plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:18 am

Will this statement be sent to the press?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:20 am

It is often said a man is judged by the company he keeps...

In this case, James Brent - and the club - can sink no lower.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1316
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:33 am

Brent will be unaware of Nools activities so as to be able to claim 'but I didn't know'

After all the pigs not going to tell him about his antics is he.......

Brent needs to be presented with evidence and asked to make a statement.......
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

avatar

Posts : 6091
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:46 am

A great statement in response to Brent's comments of last week that have gone unchallenged.

Everyone at PAFC knows what Newell gets up to and they would be happy to see the back of him. It's only the continued support of Brent that allows him to keep his AAA pass.

Maybe the penny will drop with Brent and he will realise that the criticism he gets online is because of the divisions in the fan base caused by Newell. Anyone or any organisation that Newell deems to be less the 100% supportive of Brent is seen to be fair game for his online trolling.

If Brent got his own house in order I think he would be pleasantly surprised how his relationship with certain sections of the fanbase improved.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 am

On Freechat now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:06 am

Tgwu wrote:
Will this statement be sent to the press?

If you give me detail of whom I will sort that out. David Munday has blocked me on Freechat so cant tag him in. Errington wouldn't dare for obvious reasons
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:21 am

.......and so it continues with the Email hacking. Only one culprit again.

The account is unused (hence left on view) but on the basis that you'll cause problems as per normal duly noted...

You received this message because xxxxxxxxxxxx is listed as the recovery email for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is not your Google Account, click here to disconnect from that account and stop receiving emails.

Hi Paul,
Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], using an application such as an email client or mobile device.
Details:
Friday, September 30, 2016 3:15 PM (GMT)
Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:


THIS is what he does should this link and thread be shared to the Press
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4846
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:10 am

Freaks/weirdos.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:12 am

PatDunne wrote:
Brent will be unaware of Nools activities so as to be able to claim 'but I didn't know'

After all the pigs not going to tell him about his antics is he.......

Brent needs to be presented with evidence and asked to make a statement.......


Brent was presented with evidence a long time ago and there is no way he can claim he didn't know.

I know this because on August 16th, 2012 (yes, four years ago)  I sent  the following email directly to James Brent, his personal assistant and Peter Jones.  I had Peter Jones's email from personal correspondence between us, and the email addresses of James Brent and his assistant at Akkeron were given to me by PAFC themselves after I told them that I had made an official complaint about Newell to the UK Police.

My email letter:

Dear Mr. Brent,

I am sorry to intrude on your valuable time, but a rumour that had been gathering steam on the Argyle ‘grapevine’ for some time now is that you will shortly appoint Ian Newell as an ‘Associate Director’ at Plymouth Argyle?  Admittedly...  Most of the promotion seems to be coming from Newell himself by all accounts!  However....

I, and I am sure I speak for many others – there is practically a whole website - that would be outraged to find out that this rumour was true!  Yes...  Everyone is aware of his fine fund raising activities, but I find it impossible to believe that you by now are not aware of the activities of his ‘darker side’, and that these activities are completely at odds with someone who should be associated with Plymouth Argyle.

They include instigating the hacking of someone’s email account – mine as it happens, which by any measure is a criminal act.....  I reported him to the police.  How come I wasn’t surprised when they said he was “Known” to them.  They were more than interested in his hacking attempts.

His behavior also includes the destruction of a rival fans website – the original “Argyle Talk”....  The banning from Pasoti of anyone he doesn’t like...  His part in “deep throat” that brought down Warren Bowden, the head of the ‘Argyle fans Trust’.  I know you have spoken with Mr. Bowden, I suggest you call him now and ask what he thinks of Ian Newell?  The list goes on and on and on...

I know a letter was sent to you in late April (via Anne) by Andy Symons detailing much more of Ian Newell’s various deeds.  Did you ever read it?

The “Newell files” which detailed a little of the sort of information Newell was collecting on people was only online for a few hours, but I have included a ‘snapshot’ in case you didn’t see it.  It takes a few seconds to load so be patient.

By the way...  I have heard from two different sources that Newell believes (erroneously I might add) that I am responsible for the ‘Newell files’ and is “seeking revenge”.  Funnily enough...  the exact same phrase was used by both people!

Are you aware of how many of your personal texts were available for viewing on Newell's flikr account?  In case you weren’t.  I have included a couple for your perusal --

Surely you can’t be serious in appointing someone who is so nasty towards so many of the Argyle fan base, and is stupid enough to get caught red handed so many times performing disgraceful acts!  He is a walking talking human ‘Chernobyl’ who will eventually blow up bringing disgrace to both you and Argyle!

Please tell me his appointment to any official position at Argyle is just another stupid internet rumour!

I have an inkling that the last thing you would want to do, is to discuss any of this by phone, but I would be more than willing to do so...

Please, please do not inflict a pox on Argyle.


On a more pleasant note...

I am glad you and your family have caught the Argyle ‘bug’.  I have been a fan since 1972, when as a young teenager I caught the train up from Newquay on a Saturday.  Started out at 10.30 am and got back around 8.30 PM.

I’ve been going whenever I can, ever since.

I hope your ownership of Argyle brings many rich rewards to the club, the fans, and to you personally.  Good luck to you...

Yours sincerely,

Nigel Rick

CC.  Peter Jones
       Anne Smith


It was also sent with the following file attachments:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and a MHT copy of the Newell files:  https://thenewellfiles.wordpress.com/



Needless to say....

I never received any reply.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

avatar

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 57
Location : Timbuktu

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:19 am

Staggering simply staggering.....As Stalin said Remove the man and you'll remove the problem.
Wise up Mr Brent and do it quickly.....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3511
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:24 am

When you get handed a grand every couple of months from the daily Milking of the Pasoti/Nooloti Herd, its probably suprising what you could put up with.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man
Admin


Posts : 494
Join date : 2016-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:26 am

Great statement guys and one i'd fully support if I were still a mod.

What James Brent needs to understand is this isn't another one of his businesses, this is a football club.  With football club's come fans who are never going to be happy over somethings.  Every football club in the land has a supporters forum or two, and on every one of those forums you'll find disent about something related to the club.  It's how football works.

Football fans all over the land dish out grief and rant when necessary.  Chris Webb has been a bit target of criticism on here, some of it a bit OTT but when the club president is now shacked up with a former captains wife, any football club in the land would rip the piss out of that and use it as a stick.  If it were a higher profile club it would be all over the papers.  He doesn't get grief because he's the president, and it isn't for jealousy because he's friends with Brent, it's for his actions associated with being with a former captains wife.  Feel free to sue me if that viewpoint is deemed as a "hate crime" and "harrassment" now, but I think you'll find a viewpoint is not illegal in any way.

As for the rest, including the owner of Pasoti, he gets all he deserves because of his actions over the past twenty years.  Twenty years of trolling various internet forums and multi accounts on pasoti.  The multi accounts may no longer exist but the shite he has dished out over the years lives long in the memory.  Snooping around finding photo's and personal details of people and then passing it around friends, yeah that's innocent behaviour.

He's known as internet Ian, and the rest of the pasoti mafia have the piss ripped out of them regularly by many at Argyle. Why do you think the official twitter refuses to acknowledge anything pasoti does, especially the academy donations Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rickler

avatar

Posts : 4609
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:33 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
When you get handed a grand every couple of months from the daily Milking of the Pasoti/Nooloti Herd, its probably suprising what you could put up with.

LOL...

How the mighty have fallen...

Brent, the ex-head of Citibanks global Real Estate Division reduced to being thankful for a pittance handed out by Nool every few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

avatar

Posts : 10495
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 67
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:09 am

They need eachother and the corruption/bullying is a major part of the control they exert over the gullible fanbase.
One wants to make money. The other is a wannabe someone at a football club.

Both are poison for PAFC.

I can't go near the place.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3249
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Moderator wrote:
During the recent fans forum meeting, attended by James Brent and others from PAFC, the moderators of Argyle Talk Democratic wish to address one of the comments made by Mr Brent.

Argyle Talk Democratic is an independent fans forum which is not tied in any way to PAFC, apart from, of course, being supporters of the football club. Some views are controversial, criticism is often made of the players, the manager, the board of Directors and the owner, as is the way with similar forums throughout the country. The one key theme throughout is that all posters want the football club to succeed.

The particular comment referred to the use of social media by Argyle fans and one fan in particular who made a very unpleasant remark about Mr Brent and his appearance. ATD deplores this type of comment and always moderates the forum in such a way as to ensure that such comments do not appear for long, as we are sure, do the moderators of the Facebook page on which it was made.

The fact that Mr Brent chose to make this comment is unfortunate given the circumstances of his relationship with the co-owner of another PAFC fans forum, know as Pasoti. This co-owner, Mr Ian Newell has frequently said that Mr Brent is a close personal friend, therefore we can only assume that Mr Brent is aware of the activities of Mr Newell on the internet over several years. He has been at the centre of a number of controversial activities involving a number of websites, where his conduct can be said to be, at the very least, questionable.

It is right for Mr Brent to draw attention to the abuse that he has received. ATD supports him fully in that. What has to be pointed out however, is that it is not correct for Mr Brent to criticise the use of social media generally, when one of his personal friends has used it to bully and troll other users over the years and continues to do so.

We would request Mr Brent disassociates himself from the fans forum know as Pasoti, as his continued association with Mr Newell and therefore the website, does him, and the football club no favours. In fact, it is our view that Mr Newell's actions on the internet over the years, whilst being linked to the football club, could be said to have brought the club into disrepute.


Thumbs
Back to top Go down
tigertony

avatar

Posts : 1952
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:10 pm

I'm way behind here! SG?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3976
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:25 pm

tigertony wrote:
I'm way behind here! SG?

Southampton Gull, one of the site owners holiday inn friends I believe

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3249
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:15 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Thumbs

As a preious mod I agree 100% with the above statement.



Second that Thumbs
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3249
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 53
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Has anyone looked at the Argyle facebook feeds since the win at Crawley.

One chap was asking where all the anti-Brent crowd had gone, so I replied straight away saying I was anti-Brent and the sooner Jimmy buggers off the better.

The chap asked why I was anti-Brent, I told him I thought Brent was a leech who was out to feather his own nest and the austerity measures Brent has brought in reflected that.

Someone even had the nerve to say that the best people to run a football club were those who had no football experience, what a plonker !!.


Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 10127
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Has anyone looked at the Argyle facebook feeds since the win at Crawley.

One chap was asking where all the anti-Brent crowd had gone, so I replied straight away saying I was anti-Brent and the sooner Jimmy buggers off the better.

The chap asked why I was anti-Brent, I told him I thought Brent was a leech who was out to feather his own nest and the austerity measures Brent has brought in reflected that.

Someone even had the nerve to say that the best people to run a football club were those who had no football experience, what a plonker !!.



Its heavily edited much like all argyle online content. they have even taken to blocking/muting peopl on twitter now.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 6675
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 40
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Wed May 31, 2017 2:42 pm

Removed from Sticky section.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 1146
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   Wed May 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Statement: Response to James Brent   

Back to top Go down
 
Statement: Response to James Brent
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» David Payne Statement 4th May 2007
» Fiona Payne Statement 4th May 2007
» Diane Webster Statement 4th May 2007
» Statement Neil Berry
» Witness Statement Luis Antonio & Statements related to him

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: