Cornish Chris
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Oxford match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Bang on SS68 - paper thin squad means throwing 17 year olds in before they are ready. Having said that 2 games in 48 hours, down to 10 men and still no subs - wtf is that all about?

The young lad will get slaughtered by the dimwits but he was obviously not ready for first team football. the real blame lies in the ninth best budget in the fourth division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:26 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I wish the Football League was four divisions of 18 instead of three of 24. Having 34 games a season rather than 46 would make such a difference to the quality of football, and get rid of the nonsense of two games in three days at Christmas.

bad scheduling this year.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Such is life. It's a long season.
It certainly is ! Here we are moving into 2015 and we are in the play-off zone. Back in August most fans would have taken that. Unfortunate that our 2 best CBs are not playing. No team in this league has 2 replacements for their main CBs of the same quality. Add to that playing with 10 men for an hour when a stand-by CB is sent off. The real test will be how we react next game and onwards. Still loads of points to play for so ''onwards''.
Who's next?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Sheridan has some explaining to do.....flogging ten men for two thirds of the game without using even one of his three subs.....did he freeze under pressure.......tiring legs gave two goals away in the last quarter.

Bentley made no friends with his reckless tackle......but Sheridan did his share to lose the game as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Well slip out of the playoffs in a minute, as said before paper thin squad will only go one way post January, even when you look at our best eleven the subs bench will at best cover the lesser or squad players, our defence although one of the best in the league when at full strength is obviously not backed up via subs. We will struggle with this problem whilst we have no youth development, no reserve team or fixtures for them to play in and no competition for places. Three or four decent players and we would piss this league, stasis in the squad will mean stasis in the league, at present sure we may make playoffs or just miss out, is that good enough for a team that can get 11,000 fans out today, is it fook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:40 pm

I hope I never see Bentley in an Argyle shirt again...Ever.

Tosser cost us 3 points today....fact.

You don't win anything with kids and today proved it.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

1st line, harsh bordering on nasty,
2nd and 3rd lines, almost certainly true.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Just found out the 'result'. LOL!!!

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:45 am

Freathy wrote:
Just found out the 'result'.  LOL!!!

tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:50 am

Freathy wrote:
Just found out the 'result'.  LOL!!!

You negative moaners are all the same, Stripes are back FFS!jocolor
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:05 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

You're a prat. One moment of madness from him and yeah he certainly didn't help us, but up until the sending off Bentley was actually doing very well. He'll be a good player for us in time. 11 v 11 and we win easy. Even 10 v 11 we were greater than them for most of the match. The result didn't reflect the game. A series of errors cost us the equaliser, an unnecessary foul for the freekick and atrocious defending from the set piece - but without your captain and vice captain defenders you're not going to be 100%. The winner was sublime however. Other than the two goals I can't remember them troubling us at all, they were crap and we were pretty good, playing some nice stylish passing football. It didn't come off, we were a bit sloppy with the final product, perhaps the hesitancy to push forward with 10 men cost us the opportunity to get the 2nd goal and wrap the game up. Overall, the best team lost that game though. I'm very happy with how we're playing. A good Jan and we'll go up in the autos.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:10 am

spowell92 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

You're a prat. One moment of madness from him and yeah he certainly didn't help us, but up until the sending off Bentley was actually doing very well. He'll be a good player for us in time. 11 v 11 and we win easy. Even 10 v 11 we were greater than them for most of the match. The result didn't reflect the game. A series of errors cost us the equaliser, an unnecessary foul for the freekick and atrocious defending from the set piece - but without your captain and vice captain defenders you're not going to be 100%. The winner was sublime however. Other than the two goals I can't remember them troubling us at all, they were crap and we were pretty good, playing some nice stylish passing football. It didn't come off, we were a bit sloppy with the final product, perhaps the hesitancy to push forward with 10 men cost us the opportunity to get the 2nd goal and wrap the game up. Overall, the best team lost that game though. I'm very happy with how we're playing. A good Jan and we'll go up in the autos.
All sounds very positive, but we have 11 players good enough, then not much else! you need a proper squad to get promoted.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 10:14 am

Sure suffered, which is why I say with a good January we'll go up in the autos. Couple forwards (striker & winger) and get the 3 loanees till the end of the season and our squad will be alright, injuries permitting.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:05 am

spowell92 wrote:
Sure suffered, which is why I say with a good January we'll go up in the autos. Couple forwards (striker & winger) and get the 3 loanees till the end of the season and our squad will be alright, injuries permitting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reluctant one 'loans' his club more money, or brings in another walleted director. If he doesn't, even the Avivas will start turning and he'll make his escape with the football club's future, the lowest of his priorities.
He 'gets it' alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:16 am

spowell92 wrote:

How in the name of fuckworthiness do you work that out, every time we meet a team around us in the league or a must win home game we choke, the top three don't do this they turn a game around that's why they are top three and we are seventh, look at the table FCOL! Also you kinda agree with Punchie that ATM we are shite as you advocate another five players needed? scratch
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:27 am

Tringreen wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reluctant one 'loans' his club more money, or brings in another walleted director. If he doesn't, even the Avivas will start turning and he'll make his escape with the football club's future, the lowest of his priorities.
He 'gets it' alright.

I've oft thought this season was boom or bust so I guessing he will have to bung more money into the pot one way or another to achieve a much needed promotion. I believe Brent has thrown more money at the playing side already this year than he would have wanted to but the grandstand should it be built isn't going to work on 3rd division crowds and hospitality income (not withstanding that any residual goodwill and crowds will start to slip away if we have to endure another year in the basement scrag end of footballing hierarchy).

For a club our size with the crowds we are getting with the support that Brent has had from the council and fans we should be merrily bouncing out of the third tier (not least when you consider Mr Newells suggestion that half of the division don't even want to go up). It would be embarrassing if we don't go up this year especially when you see the clubs that are above us in the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:51 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

They said the same about Hourihane against Dorchester. I think it is fair to say he matured and bounced back.

Bentley should be nowhere near the first team in any case. He needs to be out on loan, but we have Richards out instead, with Bentley meant to be just learning from the professionals.

Injuries to Nelson and Hartley mean we are relying on this raw inexperienced lad, who lacks pace and evidently judgement. He was trying to make a big boy's tackle to impress his teammates and the bumper crowd, but it backfired spectacularly.

Despite all this, to call your own young player a tosser who you never want to see again is an awful thing to say, even for a fan. Some of you wanted Ched Evans in ffs, apparently he could be forgiven for making a mistake and serving his time... Yet his crime pales in comparison to an inexperienced young professional making a rash tackle? Get a grip for christ sakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:00 pm

spowell92 wrote:

It all rests on a few big IFS.

1) Will Kellett, B. Reid and O'Connor be here until the end of the season?
2) Will Nelson and Hartley return to action soon and maintain fitness, and can we keep our other key players (McCormick, Cox, Reid) fit?
3) Can we work to improve our shambolic away performances/form?

I agree that our best XI is promotion calibre: however Bentley and O'Connor in defence, a lightweight midfield with a disinterested Reuben - and we look a mid table side.

Need our best team back asap with this tough run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:50 pm

ejh wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

They said the same about Hourihane against Dorchester. I think it is fair to say he matured and bounced back.

Bentley should be nowhere near the first team in any case. He needs to be out on loan, but we have Richards out instead, with Bentley meant to be just learning from the professionals.

Injuries to Nelson and Hartley mean we are relying on this raw inexperienced lad, who lacks pace and evidently judgement. He was trying to make a big boy's tackle to impress his teammates and the bumper crowd, but it backfired spectacularly.

Despite all this, to call your own young player a tosser who you never want to see again is an awful thing to say, even for a fan. Some of you wanted Ched Evans in ffs, apparently he could be forgiven for making a mistake and serving his time... Yet his crime pales in comparison to an inexperienced young professional making a rash tackle? Get a grip for christ sakes.

Hourihanes dismissal at Dorchester was a dubious decision to say the least, the challenge yesterday was stupidity of the highest order.
Bentley is 19 years old, he is a paid professional footballer, he is an adult.
I do not buy into this big fluffy blanket that seems to appear at Argyle every-time a young player (especially local ones) do something silly or are generally not cutting the mustard.

There were even sections of the crowd actually applauding him off the field ! they are the ones who need to 'get a grip',what kind of message does that send out?!

Despite having a decent scoring chance against Newport, he was strong against Dagenham, dodgy at Newport and appalling yesterday.

Yesterday it was 3 points dropped and come May it could be the 3 points that's the difference between they play offs.
I was livid about it last night, and still pissed off about it today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:06 pm

Classic example of thou who dare to criticise and get pounced on.
Get called a plum by the site owner ...very nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

MR and MRS Nool are outraged at the horrible attention seeker!! Another one who wont be able to log in.lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:17 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

MR and MRS Nool are outraged at the horrible attention seeker!! Another one who wont be able to log in.lol!

Yup.
Look forward to seeing 'up the line' on ATD any time soon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I wish the Football League was four divisions of 18 instead of three of 24. Having 34 games a season rather than 46 would make such a difference to the quality of football, and get rid of the nonsense of two games in three days at Christmas.

Didn't make any difference in the Premier League tho. The fact is the Xmas/New Year prgramme is a tradition. It happens every year. Van Gaal may complain but the rest of us love it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Bentley: I think he was a bit unlucky. The ball broke loose into an empty area of the pitch between 4 players: 3 of ours and 1 of theirs. It was obvious to their player that he had to go for it and a slight split-second delay caused by our 3 deciding who was going in gave their man the edge and then Bentley, who was possibly the worst-placed of our 3, took the responsibility on himself, dived in recklessly and was rightly red carded. These things happen.

Sheridan: The only reason I can think of for not bringing a sub on is that we played 4-3-2 when we had the ball and 4-4-1 when we did not with Alessandra dropping back. That's it. Norburn, to name one, was obviously knackered well before the end yesterday. We should have used all 3 subs to provide fresh legs as much as anything which was clear for all to see. What that says about Sheridan's faith in the subs is another thing.

Thin squad: Yes, but so what? We're in L2. Every team has a thin squad. That's the way it is.

18 team league: Will never happen. Clubs would never vote to accept the loss of income from the vanishing 12 fixtures. No way. Not ever.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 7:18 pm

In seven words - what an awful Christmas fixtures f... up.

0 points and four conceded [with one scored].

Argyle can't afford to slip up in the next few games, but i have this horrible feeling that they will ?.

Never mind though, [We still have a club to support] Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oxford match thread   Oxford match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oxford match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next