Elias
GreenSam
Dougie
Dick Trickle
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:25 am

zyph wrote:
We played okay.....looked the better passing side......the wind dominated lofted balls...making it very difficult for Reuben to make much use of it....ending up in the corners and his ability nullified.

McHugh strong in the air and dominated.....easily Argyles best player.....Nelson played well and safe.

Andy Kellett playing his first start in league football.....had a good game fo one so young.

No real weak links....just the usual lack of goals.....we now have the best defence outside of the Premiership.....if only we could find a goal scorer like....first time around Banton.....we could have left here with three points.

Banton has been a massive disappointment since signing for us permanently. I personally would move him on in jan and get someone else in who can make the sort of impact Banton made in his loan spell.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 am

They had the best two chances and we had the better approach play (without any real incisiveness or end product). I would say a draw was fair enough for what amounted to an enjoyable game.

It seems that Sheridan has permed a successful team from the many combinations and players he's tried.

I thought Bobby Reid along with Peter Hartley was v good. Seeing Hartley at close quarters he seems to do alot of marshalling and directing. I think Nelson is better or that.

Have to mention Akinfenwa's overhead kick - don't say it loudly but part of me wished it had gone in - and him laughing off the fat joke abuse he was getting. The Dons fans obviously love him.

Argyle crowd full of exiles getting their Argyle fix. Don't know how many made the trip from Plymouth but a minute proportion I would think.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:47 pm

seadog wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Angry wrote:
ill be happy with a point tonight if nothing else.

Surely a good shag would also go down well!

A licence is required for Cormorant shooting.

I was talking about tobacco!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Well, it's all going quite well isn't it? All good teams' success are based on a good defence and only 8 league goals conceded so far is pretty damn good. Hartley's influence seems to be a major factor according to reports.

We'd like more goals obviously but as long as we score one more than the opposition more often than not, then that's fine.

Good also that there is some success on the field to talk about which deflects away from some of the headline seekers around the club these days.

Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm

That stadium just sucks the life out of everything and everyone. Hate it and won't be going back.

2017 we should be able to go back to Wimbledon all being well.

Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Chingers wrote:
That stadium just sucks the life out of everything and everyone.  Hate it and won't be going back.

2017 we should be able to go back to Wimbledon all being well.

I believe Wimbledon are looking for a new home so i believe there days at that ground fit for non league football are numbered In London hope they finally get it and Merton council finally allow Wimbledon to come home.

Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Don't even think about it Elias....!

Mad:bom:Wink
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Apparently, according to me Dons mate Julian (he's wise like an old owl. Good man to have at a quiz night) they are taking over the dog track, knocking it down and building a new stadium.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Highlights

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Hardly!!!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

What highlights must been a cracker of a match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Chingers wrote:
Apparently, according to me Dons mate Julian (he's wise like an old owl.  Good man to have at a quiz night) they are taking over the dog track, knocking it down and building a new stadium.

What's the betting that Elias is a greyhound trainer? Wink
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Chingers wrote:
Apparently, according to me Dons mate Julian (he's wise like an old owl.  Good man to have at a quiz night) they are taking over the dog track, knocking it down and building a new stadium.

thats my understanding, as i mentioned to a work colleague of mine (AFC fan and the former wimbledon) maybe they could ground share with MK Dons for a bit lol! i'll leave you to imagine his reply

seriously though you got to admire the 'mk' project, still going despite no success at all for them since the move to mk. they seem to be going nowhere (then again are we?) could have easily pulled the plug like the other project in the area Rushden. Even Kettering have gone to oblivion.

was surprised that plough lane is still there, whether anyone likes it on here Wimbledon couldnt continue like they were, no real home & sod all fans.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm not sure what the population of Milton Keynes is but Kettering isn't very big and Irthlingborough is tiny. Comparing the three is like comparing Torpoint, Okehampton and Plymouth: one of them can easily sustain a professional team but the other two would find it difficult.

MK might have lots of faults but lack of population is not one of them.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Elias wrote:
Chingers wrote:

thats my understanding, as i mentioned to a work colleague of mine (AFC fan and the former wimbledon) maybe they could ground share with MK Dons for a bit lol!  i'll leave you to imagine his reply

seriously though you got to admire the 'mk' project, still going despite no success at all for them since the move to mk. they seem to be going nowhere (then again are we?)  could have easily pulled the plug like the other project in the area Rushden. Even Kettering have gone to oblivion.

was surprised that plough lane is still there, whether anyone likes it on here Wimbledon couldnt continue like they were, no real home & sod all fans.

nothing to admire elias nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Wimbledon Match Thread   True Wimbledon Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

True Wimbledon Match Thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4