Dingle
zyph
lawnmowerman
Cornish Chris
Cornish Rebel
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Is there another club president  Empty
PostSubject: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:14 am

who loves to have a pop at his or her own fans via twitter? I'm not aware of any, are we unique? Another first in football I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:31 am

He should be stripped of his role in my view. He does nothing but agitate against the fans that dare question him.

Instead of answering the points raised he just quotes world leaders or Oscar Wilde..............

I think the self serving individual needs to be brought down to earth - Darren Purse would help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:38 am

bnp just sacked their honorary president so it can be done.

But 9/10 football presidents in this country are in name only as its token gesture given to an ex chairman/player/manager someone of great importance unlike chris webb who thinks it means he is a real one lol.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:40 am

I just find it the height of hypocrisy when Webb goes on about internet trolls and keyboard warriors......

....when his bessie mate is the biggest internet troll in PAFC history. Newell was a troll before the term was invented, and his internet behaviour was an issue as far back as 1999 when he and a chap called Paul Hunter used to cause trouble on the old TUFC site mervo.com.

Webb admits as much privately, but his refusal to condemn Nool's behaviour publicly, or even distance himself from him, has caused him untold grief. So he only has himself to blame.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 am

It's hard to imagine Michael Foot doing that isn't it?
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:05 am

What's he been sayin now . Not on twatter.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:07 am

Misquoted Oscar Wilde stuff about how the genius is ridiculed by mediocrities.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:11 am

Angry wrote:

But 9/10 football presidents in this country are in name only as its token gesture given to an ex chairman/player/manager someone of great importance unlike chris webb who thinks it means he is a real one lol.

We didn't have any trouble with our Japanese one did we........ Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:29 am

zyph wrote:
Angry wrote:

We didn't have any trouble with our Japanese one did we........ Rolling Eyes

he was a token gesture too who also saw the title for what it was again a token gesture. I saw the reasoning for his appointment at the time as it was hoped he would attract interest/money from Japan which of course he didnt so much as cause a reaction. Pity hindsight was a blessing back then as im sure sam rendall (i think that was his name) would still have been president
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:34 pm

Most Presidents have the good grace and sense to realise that it is only a figurehead role and an upmarket mascot.
Our President thinks he is a man of power and influence. He is egotistical and self obsessed, not qualities a president should be.

Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Additionally, our president was appointed by an individual and not democratically voted in to the position in the first place.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Elections are so inconvenient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:12 pm

A lot of people saw it as a bribe from Brent to step aside from the trust, certainly how I saw it. And now he is trying to score publicity points by allying himself to Hereford United because they have been bought by property developers! The militant left winger who writes propaganda for the ex Etonian millionaire who has hived off land from his beloved club in the name of making a few quid for him self? Have you changed sides Chris or do you have a public and private face?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Iggy wrote:
A lot of people saw it as a bribe from Brent to step aside from the trust

Chris Webb upon resigning 30th Oct wrote:
I best put it in here before somebody asks - no I won't be going anywhere near the Argyle boardroom

Brent 31st October wrote:
I hope Chris will continue to play a leadership role in the club

Webb 8th November upon being appointed President wrote:
"I am a working class boy with strong beliefs and values. I will carry these features into the role as president and will never change what I am or what I stand for. I am proud to be the club president but I feel that I am there not as an individual but on behalf of the whole Green Army."

It's a shame that Chris left the Trust so quickly, I'm sure a man of his popularity at the time, with the experience he has, could have firstly stayed on to manage a better transition in the leadership of the Trust and secondly that was the time when potentially fan representation could have been formally negotiated with the club.

We'll never know of course why Chris felt the need to resign one position so quickly and a week later take up another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Iggy wrote:
A lot of people saw it as a bribe from Brent to step aside from the trust

Chris Webb upon resigning 30th Oct wrote:
I best put it in here before somebody asks - no I won't be going anywhere near the Argyle boardroom

Brent 31st October wrote:
I hope Chris will continue to play a leadership role in the club

Webb 8th November upon being appointed President wrote:
"I am a working class boy with strong beliefs and values. I will carry these features into the role as president and will never change what I am or what I stand for. I am proud to be the club president but I feel that I am there not as an individual but on behalf of the whole Green Army."

It's a shame that Chris left the Trust so quickly, I'm sure a man of his popularity at the time, with the experience he has, could have firstly stayed on to manage a better transition in the leadership of the Trust and secondly that was the time when potentially fan representation could have been formally negotiated with the club.

We'll never know of course why Chris felt the need to resign one position so quickly and a week later take up another.

I would have prefered if he just let it go and moved on with his life and stopped living in the past. If Nelson Mandela could move on from 27 years in prison he can move on from the admin era and accept he has served his purpose.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:17 pm

he's an onanist

Last edited by seadog on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : by seadog, a bit too abusive)
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Did anyone get a screenshot ?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm

it was abusive so fairly altered seadog dude, but no name was mentioned :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 3:36 pm

but hardly slander though Wink
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:01 pm

I suspect Webb is just keeping the seat warm now for that chap who's involved with logiz.... logis - sticks.... losgisti ..... parcels. Laughing
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 9:51 am

Dingle wrote:
Additionally, our president was appointed by an individual and not democratically voted in to the position in the first place.  

If a vote was put to the fanbase now for club president, Le Keeper would win it hands down. Maybe because he has a degree of integrity, is well liked and has actually served the club well - get my drift?
cheers
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 6:51 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Dingle wrote:

If a vote was put to the fanbase now for club president, Le Keeper would win it hands down. Maybe because he has a degree of integrity, is well liked and has actually served the club well - get my drift?
cheers
Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Iggy wrote:
who loves to have a pop at his or her own fans via twitter? I'm not aware of any, are we unique? Another first in football I would imagine.

Most club presidents are popular figures, celebrated ex-players, or fans elected by supporters.

We have Chris Webb, a man who loves himself so much he doesn't need affection from the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there another club president    Is there another club president  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there another club president
Page 1 of 1