Tringreen
Dougie
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' Empty
PostSubject: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:13 am

Quote :
Hi All

Firstly as many of you will know I lost my father recently and its been a bit of a tough time. I wanted to thank all the Argyle fans for your messages, calls, tweets etc. It has been a huge help. Dad was a massive Argyle fan and I've put some memories of our trips to Home Park on the rememberance thread that Nikkk kindly started on here.

Aside from being the worst experience of my life this period really has given me some perspective. Pre-Admin I was always obsessed with Argyle following us home and away but obviously the fight to save the Club and the Presidents role have taken that a step further. I got to the point where i was constantly checking pasoti, replying to every tweet and treating Argyle like a job rather than a love.

I have just finished jotting some notes for Dads funeral on Tuesday and I thought I would catch up on the Argyle internet world for the first time in a while. Blimey, ha.

There are a few myths out there that I guess could either be left to fester but I think its only right to clear some up. I will no doubt be hammered in some quarters for it but hey, if I am moaned at for being honest then I can live with that.

Firstly the thread about Charlie the drummer, the banners in the Devonport and the myth that FV was somehow set up to silence any anti-Club noises. I really have never read for much rubbish in my life. In reality this is what happened. Some lads brought a flag in, a steward said 'do you have a fire certificate because I will have to take it if you don't' (I checked this with the stewards. The lads didn't and willingly handed it over. To answer the other questions yes all FV flags have the fire safety documentation. Dave Boobyer the Stadium manager is very hot on this. So not orders to rip banners off people, no state directives and no big deal.

So Charlie banged his drum when people shouted Fletcher out. Maybe not the wisest thing to do but he is a young lad. It isn't the end of the World.

To the whole attacks on FV. It is well out of all proportions. Nobody is told what to do, nobody is told what to sing and certainly never, ever has the Club spoken to me or anyone else involved in FV and tried to push anything Club wise onto the group. We simply have a few hundred, mainly youngsters who want to get behind the team no matter what. That maybe mad, stupid or illogical to some of us but it is what they want to do. I remember being 14 and thinking that Shilton was God and that he could do no wrong. Years on perhaps with the benefit of growing up and more information i realised that not all was as it seemed. There is nothing sinister. Simply kids wanting to cheer the team.

Fans should be able to boo if they want to and fans should be able to cheer if they want to. Anyone who tries to suppress either is wrong.

There is also no need to the sectioning off of Argyle fans into pro and anti camps. We all love this Club. This site should be about free debate not hammering somebody for an opposing view.

Onto the 'James Brent doesn't care' etc etc. This could not be further from the truth. I had a brief chat with James Brent last week (obviously I have had other things on my mind so it was quick) and it is clear that he is hurting. The results are worrying him sick just like all of us. One thing is absolutely crystal clear to me though - we now have an owner that does things properly. If there is an issue it is dealt with behind closed doors and in the private. I actually told JB that he should let the supporters know how he is feeling /how the Club plans to deal with it. He refuses to be drawn into the public drama that is the average football Club. I have a feeling that whilst at the moment it may drive us crazy but in the long term he will instill a professionalism to this Club that has never been seen before. I guess the message of this paragraph is that just because everything isn't reported doesn't mean nothing is happening all he time. Things move at the Club every single day of the week whether it be challenging people, transfer targets etc etc.

These are frustrating times for all Argyle fans. Turning on each other isn't the answer.I travelled to Bradford last week in memory of Dad. It was hard to go and even harder to come back. This run is killing me and every goal that goes in sucks the life out of me. I have light at the end of my tunnel though and I think in the near future as everything unfolds and the Club communicates its thoughts we will all share in that.

I wouldn't mind betting that James Brent is spending more time on Argyle than the rest of his businesses put together at the moment. This is as many have said the first real test of the Brent era. He'll pass it with flying colours. Why? Because he does things properly and will I am sure produce a communication to supporters in the near future. Hold tight everyone. As always with Argyle it is never smooth. If truth be told though we wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks again for everything and once the funeral is done I will get back into routine and reply to the stack of emails / tweets etc.

Chris x

FYI
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 am

Cynics would say 'expert timing' to look for the sympathy vote.
I just don't believe the man. The fire safety certificate bollox only seems to apply to messages they don't want seen.
Everything at the club stinks of 'thought control' and 'it's our way or the highway'.

You've been rumbled guys. Brent isn't interested and hasn't got a clue. He trusted the Windsor Boys and their deepthroating chums but they've been exposed for the deceitful control freaks they clearly are.He offered them the keys to Home Park but their lack of class and vision has been badly exposed.

I fear it will get worse before it has a chance of getting better.

These rats won't leave the ship without a fight.

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 am

I do hope he is right about Brent, actions speak louder than words, are we going to see any action then Mr Brent.
I am all for professionalism and if Fletch is to get the boot then obviously he should be the first to hear it and not read it on here, but he should hear it today.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 am

Appreciate the sentiment behind this but I fear this is another smokescreen to avoid the questions around Fletcher's future
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 am

Whether or not FV was set up to silence dissent (I don't beleive it was intentionally set up that way) it was an inevitable consequence that anyone could have seen coming. You don't bite the hand that feeds you whether that hand belongs to the President, Nikkk or the club.

Little drummer boy pa rum pum pum pum has said he will continue to drum over any protest in the ground to put one over the old men on Pasoti. So that is that then.

As for the little insight into Brent's mindset I can't see Flethcher going any time soon. What if Brent actually thinks that Fletcher is the right man for the job come what may and by the sound of it he does. We have a two week break from league cames now with the distraction of the Oxford game and it should be best served taking the team out onto Dartmoor to train with the marines or something together with double training sessions at least for the strikers.

Next up we seen two of our loanees bid us anfond farewell and a happy christmas. Together with the hope that we can get out of the relegation mini league we seem to have been 'unluckily' sucked into now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 am

Not good to bring the death of a loved one into any statement. It has no bearing.

He makes the statement: "I got to the point where i was constantly checking pasoti, replying to every tweet and treating Argyle like a job rather than a love".

He sold his soul to get the job, it stopped becoming a love when he referred to himself as "The President". Stop bleating for heavens sake.

He clearly is so far out of his depth he is just another Mary Rose.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am

hasnt replied to ANY of my tweets to him, they were all sent prior to his dads death, fyi
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 am

Who does everyone want to make friends with then? I'll choose OllieArgyle9 as he annoys the feck out of me.

We lose 3-0 OllieArgyle "better than 4-0" we're 1 point off relegation " better than in the relegation places"

I like big Daves reply, geddon Chris you beauty!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:11 am

Dougie Quote

As for the little insight into Brent's mindset I can't see Flethcher going any time soon. What if Brent actually thinks that Fletcher is the right man for the job come what may and by the sound of it he does. We have a two week break from league cames now with the distraction of the Oxford game and it should be best served taking the team out onto Dartmoor to train with the marines or something together with double training sessions at least for the strikers.

Fletcher will send them on a week holiday stating they need to recharge their batteries,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 am

Greenjock wrote:
Who does everyone want to make friends with then? I'll choose OllieArgyle9 as he annoys the feck out of me.

We lose 3-0 OllieArgyle "better than 4-0" we're 1 point off relegation " better than in the relegation places"

I like big Daves reply, geddon Chris you beauty!

To be fair Jock,i think Ollie is in the Fletcher out camp these days,which i suppose must say something in itself.Probably not a true darksider as yet,but give him time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am

The fire certificate point [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I haven't read much over the weekend and I guess it's been covered but imagine the lads getting ready to go to HP:

"Roight Geoff you'm got the tickets bhuy?

"Yerp Ron I goddem"

"Train tickets my 'ansome?"

"Aye"

"Got the bleddy Argo flag?"

"Yerp."

"Got the feckin fire certificate?"

"..........."
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 am

I just find it astonishing that Chris hasn't even buried his dad, yet still can't resist getting involved in Internet spats/arguments.

FFS just step away for a few weeks. No one is going to think any worse of you for it.

It's got to the stage where all I'm interested in, is when is Brent sacking Clueless. Nothing else matters as far as Argyle are concerned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 am

Combining the death of his father with such issues as Fire Safety Certificates, banners, drums and results I find very odd indeed and also unnecessary.

Basically, he is saying that banners require a Fire Certificate, results are poor and the young fella that bangs the drum is a decent fan.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 9:57 am

Read the post, my thoughts are that it was inappropriate to bring his personal loss into his debate about Forze Nerde, the genuineness of Brent etc. and where the club is going. He just on't get it does he? The vast majority of fans, simply don't buy the continue to support Brent and Fletcher it will work out argument, judging by comments in the media, press and groundswell opinion on matchday the fanbase want change - in the football management and ownership emphasis of REALLY making the club successful. I think most of the 6,000 or so people, who turn up on matchday at great expense, are not swayed by a couple of dozen Fletcher supporting fans in block 3 backed up by a drummer boy and a couple of flag waving goons on the pitch. Wake up and smell the coffee Mr Webb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 am

Why did he sign off with a kiss at the end?
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 am

Yea Man wrote:
Why did he sign off with a kiss at the end?

I thought it was his signature.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 am

GOB wrote:

Basically, he is saying that banners require a Fire Certificate, results are poor and the young fella that bangs the drum is a decent fan.

There's nothing really wrong with saying that though is there? Personally, I doubt the banner would have been removed if the content was different but it wasn't Chris Webb who removed it, it was some busy member of the stewarding team and we all know the general standard of stewarding at Home Park leaves a fair bit to be desired. To be honest, I don't have an awful lot of time for Forza Verde but at least they try and get a bit of atmosphere going, with the best will in the world Home Park has not been electric for quite some time. I'm not a fan of all the streamers and whatnot but there are loads of different ways to support your team and that is theirs I suppose. The fella who bangs the drum seems like a decent fan, I've never met him but I'd imagine he made a decision in the heat of the moment and possibly regrets it now but it's not really a major issue either way is it? Again, it's not the way I'd choose to support my team but he would probably think the same of my sarcastic comments and rueful shakes of the head I employ whenever I watch Argyle. I've disagreed with an awful lot the club has done since the Brent takeover but I'm struggling to get too worked up over this. Maybe it's because I've lost the will or maybe it just really isn't that important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 am

Nothing wrong with saying that at all Droly, I was attempting a "brief synopsis" of the comments made by Webb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 am

The banner looked to be less than the size of a shirt that had been cut down the seam. I'm sure it's just coincidental that the club decided to enforce Fire Certificate legislation at this time and regarding a banner that provided a negative comment.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 am

droly wrote:
GOB wrote:

There's nothing really wrong with saying that though is there? Personally, I doubt the banner would have been removed if the content was different but it wasn't Chris Webb who removed it, it was some busy member of the stewarding team and we all know the general standard of stewarding at Home Park leaves a fair bit to be desired. To be honest, I don't have an awful lot of time for Forza Verde but at least they try and get a bit of atmosphere going, with the best will in the world Home Park has not been electric for quite some time. I'm not a fan of all the streamers and whatnot but there are loads of different ways to support your team and that is theirs I suppose. The fella who bangs the drum seems like a decent fan, I've never met him but I'd imagine he made a decision in the heat of the moment and possibly regrets it now but it's not really a major issue either way is it? Again, it's not the way I'd choose to support my team but he would probably think the same of my sarcastic comments and rueful shakes of the head I employ whenever I watch Argyle. I've disagreed with an awful lot the club has done since the Brent takeover but I'm struggling to get too worked up over this. Maybe it's because I've lost the will or maybe it just really isn't that important.

Fair enough Droly but there are those of us with reason to doubt the methods, nay integrity, of a select group of superfans, currently imposing themselves upon the club and supporters.
I could almost forgive them if they were self effacing and merely a bit dim but they have shown a level of deviousness that I simply can't ignore.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 am

On the subject of fire certificates i recently purchased some flags from the club shop and so far have not recieved my fire certificates from the club.Is it safe to take them to Home Park?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 am

Old Timer wrote:
On the subject of fire certificates i recently purchased some flags from the club shop and so far have not recieved my fire certificates from the club.Is it safe to take them to Home Park?

The flags do not need a certificate if they remain in the plastic bag.

A word of caution: "Please do not put the bag over your head, it may cause suffication"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:53 am

The Red Star wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

The flags do not need a certificate if they remain in the plastic bag.

A word of caution: "Please do not put the bag over your head, it may cause suffication"

So you could wave this flag that does not have a fire certificate if it was in an inflammable plastic bag.

So if this was a very large bag with some writing on it, say just for arguments sake FLETCHER OUT! would this be ok? just asking like.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 am

A reasonable sentiment, perhaps Brent will come good, we can only hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 am

Are we going to call this last episode fire certificate gate? Nerd gate, steward gate? TBH I don't think that this is up with Deepthroat or the other jolly japes by the superfans and I do t think that this is a contrived plan by the club to drown out dissent I think the stewards would have done it anyway at any time, they did the same with a Luggy out banner a while ago and that was pre Brent. I think there is plenty to moan about at the moment but on reflection this does seem storm in a teacup(gate).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'   The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends' Empty

Back to top Go down

The Club President says 'Thankyou/Lets Be Friends'
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next