Flat_Track_Bully
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Just Back   Just Back EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:58 pm

...via a couple of pubs.

No doubting the effort by the players - we actually looked the team most up for it in the opening exchanges. However workrate is no substitute for quality and organisation, and Bury cut us open and scored with their first two attacks. Good passing moves and poor defending on our part.

Even then, I can see why Bury aren't setting the league alight. They looked iffy, especially early on. In the first 10 minutes they played the ball out of play under no pressure 4 times. Their defence also gifted the ball to Banton twice in dangerous positions, and their keeper looked decidedly uncertain, which would have been a positive if we hadn't waited until 67 minutes to force him into a save.

Sherryfan sent the team out early for the second half, presumably after giving them a rocket at half-time. However we still looked pretty ineffectual - you can shout all you want, but if the players and tactics are poor, it ain't going to do much good. Reid won a penalty from a hopeful long ball, confirming that he, at least, has something going for him. Otherwise the wingbacks and Nelson had a shocker. Norburn and O'Connor in centre midfield isn't going to worry any league2 team.

Think a lot of the blame lies with the manager. I remember talking to a Newcastle fan once about Chris Hughton. I was surprised that Hughton had done so well at Newcastle given that he had no prior management experience. The Geordie basically said that all Hughton did was play 4-4-2 with players playing in their favoured positions, and that was good enough to get decent results. Meanwhile we have a central defender in midfield, another at LB, strikers playing out wide (including ridiculously the 6ft 4 Morgan) in some supposedly clever formation that rarely seems to work! What is it that managers dislike so much about playing 4-4-2 with players in their natural position?

Anyhow, you can forget any hopes of a play off push on this evidence (but I guess you knew that already).
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:15 pm

we could play 4-2-3-1 easliy enough now with the players we have now including playing players in there prefered roles! not saying it would make any difference but it might be more useful a formation to play with players more suited to those roles

Mcormick

Mellor
Nelson
Hartley
Purrington

Cox
Norburn

Thomas
Harvey
Banton

Reid

Also if JS gets another winger, Left Back and central Midfielder in it would be a great help too.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:16 pm

I really don't care anymore
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

I'm getting that way.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 8:09 am

Bring back the Ciderman. drunken 
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 8:10 am

I'm really having to force myself to give a shit about this carcass of a club. A club I once loved. Got in late last night and checked the result. I just laughed.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:09 am

It doesn't hurt anymore - top to bottom, this club is drifting rudderless!!
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

I spent the day watching cricket at the local club, completly forgot argyle were attempting to play !
Twas quite refreshing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:49 am

The Warnock debate resumes...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 9:51 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

I am feeling that way too, but i will still go to games this season.

Looks like it will be another one of those seasons...
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:21 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

But how many times do we have to keep saying this before something is done?!
We got well and truly turned over yesterday by a club that had two and a half thousand home supporters inside the ground, but it is not just a single case it is the majority of away games now.

We have become indoctrinated in failure and defeat.

What do we have to try and change things? A compliant Trust that is scared of rocking the boat and a sterilized corrupt main supporters website ran by super-fans who have curried favor with the chairman.

I have said it many times before but ill say it again from the highest hilltop.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 am

VillageGreen wrote:
The Warnock debate resumes...

deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse deadhorse 

they say it all really.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

But how many times do we have to keep saying this before something is done?!
We got well and truly turned over yesterday by a club that had two and a half thousand home supporters inside the ground, but it is not just a single case it is the majority of away games now.

We have become indoctrinated in failure and defeat.

What do we have to try and change things? A compliant Trust that is scared of rocking the boat and a sterilized corrupt main supporters website ran by super-fans who have curried favor with the chairman.

I have said it many times before but ill say it again from the highest hilltop.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over.

Spot on punchy, the superfans and sheep are just grateful to have a club no matter if it stinks of failure and non ambition, the Trust is a toothless joke. I dont think sheridans a good manager, but i think brent is a far worse owner! ps is the Ministand finished yet? Coming together nicely  jocolor
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:42 pm

To be fair through all my pessimism I have never really been a Sheridan basher, the problem's run far deeper then the management imho.

The whole ethos of PAFC stinks im afraid.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
To be fair through all my pessimism I have never really been a Sheridan basher, the problem's run far deeper then the management imho.

The whole ethos of PAFC stinks im afraid.

I'm not a sheridan fan too negative for my liking, But working at Club Brent being forced to sign low paid  low ability players, very few managers would have a prayer.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Sheridan biggest fault is he hasn't got a clue how to respond if Plan A fails. Much like Brent in someways Wink

on top of having a good starting 11 (when fully fit) there is slim pickings to chose from on the bench to throw on the pitch to try and win/save a game.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Roll up roll up

Super-fans only.....prime example, the bucket rattling continues while Brent pulls the strings.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Sheridan biggest fault is he hasn't got a clue how to respond if Plan A fails. Much like Brent in someways Wink

on top of having a good starting 11 (when fully fit) there is slim pickings to chose from on the bench to throw on the pitch to try and win/save a game.

We haven't even really got a best eleven more a best eight or nine, you can cover for one crap player but when you have at least three that are ineffective or a liability then you're fecked. Our bench is lightweight as fook. Who else can be bothered with marking time in this piss poor league for another two years until we all pay the balloon payment so that Brent can cash his chips in? Clubs like Bury should be envious of our squad and players yet time and again we are shown wanting by dire league two cloggers, I think Ferguson would struggle without a decent centre mid ( Exeter played right through the middle of us several times but that day the defence held,) a decent centre back and a wing back is also needed. Massive opportunity to get that safety net against admin will slip through our fingers yet again, Brent out now.
What other club would put up with this shit? Demonstration outside the Grandstand needed make that lip quiver?
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:

We haven't even really got a best eleven more a best eight or nine, you can cover for one crap player but when you have at least three that are ineffective or a liability then you're fecked. Our bench is lightweight as fook. Who else can be bothered with marking time in this piss poor league for another two years until we all pay the balloon payment so that Brent can cash his chips in? Clubs like Bury should be envious of our squad and players yet time and again we are shown wanting by dire league two cloggers, I think Ferguson would struggle without a decent centre mid ( Exeter played right through the middle of us several times but that day the defence held,) a decent centre back and a wing back is also needed. Massive opportunity to get that safety net against admin will slip through our fingers yet again, Brent out now.
What other club would put up with this shit? Demonstration outside the Grandstand needed make that lip quiver?

Storm the directors box or at least the cloggers that sit in the Grandstand should be closing into that box and dishing out some serious heckling.
I live in hope.
Back to top Go down

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Don't worry well have another question and answer offered immminently.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:37 pm

too many still too damn grateful for a club to follow im afraid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Back
Page 1 of 1