Elias
pepsipete
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
`rgill

Bury match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Any idea why Shezza`s recent signings were released by their previous clubs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Good for this league innit? If you want to get out of this league no feckin good at all.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:14 pm

`rgill wrote:
Any idea why Shezza`s recent signings were released by their previous clubs?

Just a wild guess bud but i would say its because they are complete crap, the next stop for most of them is collecting trollies at their local Tesco. cheers
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Another gallant defeat ffs

Sounded much better once Sherry had brought the 3 subs on and changed the formation, still need to add to the squad though, promotion is just a far fetched fantasy(FFF) at the moment.

#wallofdoom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 pm

More importantly, was Pieface in the directors box?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:07 pm

I have grave concerns for this season (as I have done for the last 5 season). It's looking like inconsistency, baffling managerial tactics, and signing on below-par players, is going to be our pinch-point once again.

Another relegation worry battle looms me thinks - although I would love to be proved wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Nah well be comfy mid table, again, year on year repetiveness. #wallofmediocrity
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:44 pm

At least we have a club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Pretty obvious it wasn't going to end well today when you see how open Shez likes his teams to play.

No protection for the fullbacks with the likes of Smalley, Banton etc out wide.

The two times Argyle have gone up from this division there's been some solidity on the flanks, with the likes of Lee Hodges/Bent & Leadbitter/Barlow in front of the fullbacks. Tenacious players who can get forward and get a cross in/get on the end of diagonal balls but also have defensive attributes and can play shape. Later Capaldi and Norris in League 1.

For away games Sturrock often used to drop Martin Phillips in favour of a more defensive minded option.

Going into an away game today set up the way they were was suicide really, Shez is proving to be rather naive tactically.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:26 pm

stephensdad wrote:
At least we have a club.
Still think O'Connor and Norburn are miles better than Hourihane who has scored twice and played every game for a team currently 5th in League One?
Back to top Go down
paulysalz

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Pretty obvious it wasn't going to end well today when you see how open Shez likes his teams to play.

The two times Argyle have gone up from this division there's been some solidity on the flanks, with the likes of Lee Hodges/Bent & Leadbitter/Barlow in front of the fullbacks. Tenacious players who can get forward and get a cross in/get on the end of diagonal balls but also have defensive attributes and can play shape. Later Capaldi and Norris in League 1.

For away games Sturrock often used to drop Martin Phillips in favour of a more defensive minded option.

Going into an away game today set up the way they were was suicide really, Shez is proving to be rather naive tactically.

Just got back from the game (to Leeds) and the bit in bold sums it up for me. Playing strikers (Alessandra and Smalley) on the wings and a centre half (O'Connor) in midfield and another (McHugh) at left back is why we are so poor. We have a serious lack of quality wide players, both offensively and defensively. Every time Bury attacked out wide they looked like scoring.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm

A game of opinions Sam. Sorry pal but yeah I think Hourihane is crap. Hows the championship wonder Luke Young?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm

GreenSam wrote:
stephensdad wrote:
At least we have a club.
Still think O'Connor and Norburn are miles better than Hourihane who has scored twice and played every game for a team currently 5th in League One?

O'connor played 37 times for torquay last season (relegated) Norburn sacked by bristol rovers (relegated) Sheridan partly due to the fact he is not a good manager, but mainly imo because the dreadful owner has given him a joke relegation budget! The day this club moves forward is the day Brent sells up.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:

The two times Argyle have gone up from this division there's been some solidity on the flacks, with the likes of Lee Hodges/Bent & Leadbitter/Barlow in front of the fullbacks. Tenacious players who can get forward and get a cross in/get on the end of diagonal balls but also have defensive attributes and can play shape. Later Capaldi and Norris in League 1.

It doesn't matter a tuppenny toss what tactics you employ if you concede goals like Bury's first goal today,shown on SSN tonight-free kick from the right flank and two unmarked players brushing Nelson aside leaving Soares to score with ease.Must admit though that McHugh was certainly skinned with shocking ease for the second,Sheridan will really have to look at that position now.Never a penalty,Reid did a very fine dying swan act to get it,given on the say of the linesman.Shez needs a win very badly next week or the natives will start to get restless,understandably so.I see Hourihane scored again today in a 4-1 for Barnsley,looks like an increasingly awful bit of business by Argyle in selling to him to a club that we should at least be competing with.

BRENT OUT-NOW! Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

The two times Argyle have gone up from this division there's been some solidity on the flacks, with the likes of Lee Hodges/Bent & Leadbitter/Barlow in front of the fullbacks. Tenacious players who can get forward and get a cross in/get on the end of diagonal balls but also have defensive attributes and can play shape. Later Capaldi and Norris in League 1.

It doesn't matter a tuppenny toss what tactics you employ if you concede goals like Bury's first goal today,shown on SSN tonight-free kick from the right flank and two unmarked players brushing Nelson aside leaving Soares to score with ease.Must admit though that McHugh was certainly skinned with shocking ease for the second,Sheridan will really have to look at that position now.Never a penalty,Reid did a very fine dying swan act to get it,given on the say of the linesman.Shez needs a win very badly next week or the natives will start to get restless,understandably so.I see Hourihane scored again today in a 4-1 for Barnsley,looks like an increasingly awful bit of business by Argyle in selling to him to a club that we should at least be competing with.

BRENT OUT-NOW! Evil or Very Mad 

All the avivas thought sell Hourihane was a good idea, selling your best players ends up in relegation.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:52 pm

stephensdad wrote:
A game of opinions Sam. Sorry pal but yeah I think Hourihane is crap. Hows the championship wonder Luke Young?

True.It's also a game of facts and the fact is that Hourihane scored 9 goals for Argyle last season and possibly came near to doubling that total in terms of assists.Any of the incoming players will do very well to get anywhere near that standard and it was truly amazing how his departure was treated in such a meh fashion by a sizeable chunk of the Argyle support.Barnsley must be pissing themselves.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:00 pm

How many assists? Where did you get that info. I seen two games this season. Firstly Exeter when our central midfield dominated and Stevenage who would have bullied Hourihane into submission.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:05 pm

stephensdad wrote:
Fair response on Luke Young  lol!  lol! Although I still do think he could have been great if managed a bit differently.

But seriously, how much does Hourihane have to do even in a higher league to win some people over?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:13 pm

GreenSam wrote:
stephensdad wrote:
Fair response on Luke Young  lol!  lol! Although I still do think he could have been great if managed a bit differently.

But seriously, how much does Hourihane have to do even in a higher league to win some people over?!

Thought Hourihane was loads better when we put Wotton. He's a good player. Young don't agree with, not a bad player but no presence and not enough talent to make up for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:15 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Cobi budge who's at the game says were dogshit, ollie arshole and x throbber at home with mummy, giving him stick for complaining??? wankers.

Pathetic isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:44 pm

stephensdad wrote:
How many assists? Where did you get that info. I seen two games this season. Firstly Exeter when our central midfield dominated and Stevenage who would have bullied Hourihane into submission.

News to me that Hourihane played in central midfield.In the vast majority of games that i saw he played as the wide midfield player on the left,can't really see your point there.As for Stevenage,i would surmise that Hourihane would have made a fair bit better use of the ball than Banton who was playing in his old position,although in fairness that isn't saying much.The assists? No,i haven't got any exact figures and you'll no doubt have noticed that i used the word "probably" in my previous post but i wouldn't be at all surprised if he wasn't involved in at least 15 of the goals that Argyle scored last year.Here's a couple of them for a start;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Sorry GS, I generally agree with you on most things but Hourihane played in central midfield.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 9:00 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Sorry GS, I generally agree with you on most things but Hourihane played in central midfield.

He wasn't a touch line hugger,i'll give you that but he wasn't the ball winning or playmaking central midfielder type either.Tell you what,i'll compromise and say that in the old days of 2-3-5 he'd have been described as an inside left.Who played slightly wider than most inside lefts. lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 pm

What a bag of bollocks that was.
2nd half only a slight improvement but never did we look like creating anything from open play.
That Mchugh looks like a disaster and needs dropping along with Banton.
Another 80 sheets wasted, how anyone can tolerate this bullshit without alcohol is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:11 pm

My brother was at the match.

"May improve. Need left back, someone to run midfield and a good winger. Oh, and the ability to pass to team mates."

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bury match thread   Bury match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bury match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next