Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just back (Exeter game)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Just back (Exeter game)  Empty
PostSubject: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Afternoon chaps. Just about to go out and celebrate but thought I'd do a very quick synopsis.

Stage was set for another Devon Derby. In all honesty I didn't get the buzz I usually do in the week before a derby, but I woke up today like a child on Christmas day, and giving the six fingers a warm welcome as they left their coaches, only buoyed us up even more for what was to come.

The pre match demonstration was really good. I'll post a picture at the bottom of this post. The only thing that annoyed me was the ridiculously loud pre match music, drowning out the songs from both sets of fans, another attempt from the club to present ourselves as a happy, friendly, smiling, dancing, non atmospheric modern club? Oh, that and the fact a bottle of coke is now £2.20, rip off.

We started the match really brightly and looked to pressure. A decent ball in (I think a corner) was met by a firm Curtis Nelson header, it rattled the crossbar. Soon after and we were at it again, a good move resulted in Alessandra blazing over, while a Norburn shot missed just to the right of goal. Exeter were putting together some neat passing movements themselves, but struggled to create chances, a ball across the face of goal was the best they really managed, a long range effort flying over was another.

Argyle were soon ahead, Banton broke away from his man on the edge of the box but was chopped down. Harvey was a surprise choice to take the FK so I thought he'd chip it in, nope, short run up, great strike, 1 0.

We could have had another 2 goals before Reid's actually came, but Banton had two one on one chances, and decided to pass on both occasions, so bloody frustrating.

Reid's goal was a peach, Norburn to Lewi, Lewi to Reid, Reid to Harvey, Harvey played a sublime through ball to Reid and a clinical finish from a man who is absolutely unstoppable at the moment.

Exeter started the second period much better, McCormick had to make a good save from a free kick, then an excellent save with his feet from a one on one.

Argyle grew in to the second half more, our forward play remained excellent. It should have been 3 when Harvey was sent through, his finish, however, awful. We sealed the victory with 7 minutes to go. Their keeper struggled with a cross, dropped it, it fell to Nelson, had plenty to do from ten yards, twirled around and hit a left footed shot in to the back of the net, game over, and just watch those exeter fans flood out.

Ratings

McCormick - 8 - Made some good saves, commanded his area well

Mellor - 6 - up and down for me, most seem to think he was amazing.

Hartley - 7 - Solid.

Nelson - 10 - pure class, lovely finish.

McHugh - 7 - Much better, great passing.

O'Connor - 7 - Does the dirty work well.

Norburn - 6 - Very up and down, sometimes amazing, sometimes poor.

Harvey - 8 - played well should have had two

Banton - 5 - Great first touches but nothing came from them, too slow to shoot, in fact, he just doesn't shoot. Frustrating because he's such a good player.

Lewi - 8 - Much better from Lewi.

Reid - 9 - unstoppable

Morgan - 7 - Menace for them.
Allen - 7 - such a prospect.
Thomas - n/a

And a couple of pictures from the match:

The pre match demonstration:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The rather awful away support

REEEEIIIIDDDD
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:21 pm

That is a woeful away following...
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Afternoon chaps. Just about to go out and celebrate but thought I'd do a very quick synopsis.

Stage was set for another Devon Derby. In all honesty I didn't get the buzz I usually do in the week before a derby, but I woke up today like a child on Christmas day, and giving the six fingers a warm welcome as they left their coaches, only buoyed us up even more for what was to come.

The pre match demonstration was really good. I'll post a picture at the bottom of this post. The only thing that annoyed me was the ridiculously loud pre match music, drowning out the songs from both sets of fans, another attempt from the club to present ourselves as a happy, friendly, smiling, dancing, non atmospheric modern club? Oh, that and the fact a bottle of coke is now £2.20, rip off.

We started the match really brightly and looked to pressure. A decent ball in (I think a corner) was met by a firm Curtis Nelson header, it rattled the crossbar. Soon after and we were at it again, a good move resulted in Alessandra blazing over, while a Norburn shot missed just to the right of goal. Exeter were putting together some neat passing movements themselves, but struggled to create chances, a ball across the face of goal was the best they really managed, a long range effort flying over was another.

Argyle were soon ahead, Banton broke away from his man on the edge of the box but was chopped down. Harvey was a surprise choice to take the FK so I thought he'd chip it in, nope, short run up, great strike, 1 0.

We could have had another 2 goals before Reid's actually came, but Banton had two one on one chances, and decided to pass on both occasions, so bloody frustrating.

Reid's goal was a peach, Norburn to Lewi, Lewi to Reid, Reid to Harvey, Harvey played a sublime through ball to Reid and a clinical finish from a man who is absolutely unstoppable at the moment.

Exeter started the second period much better, McCormick had to make a good save from a free kick, then an excellent save with his feet from a one on one.

Argyle grew in to the second half more, our forward play remained excellent. It should have been 3 when Harvey was sent through, his finish, however, awful. We sealed the victory with 7 minutes to go. Their keeper struggled with a cross, dropped it, it fell to Nelson, had plenty to do from ten yards, twirled around and hit a left footed shot in to the back of the net, game over, and just watch those exeter fans flood out.

Ratings

McCormick - 8 - Made some good saves, commanded his area well

Mellor - 6 - up and down for me, most seem to think he was amazing.

Hartley - 7 - Solid.

Nelson - 10 - pure class, lovely finish.

McHugh - 7 - Much better, great passing.

O'Connor - 7 - Does the dirty work well.

Norburn - 6 - Very up and down, sometimes amazing, sometimes poor.

Harvey - 8 - played well should have had two

Banton - 5 - Great first touches but nothing came from them, too slow to shoot, in fact, he just doesn't shoot. Frustrating because he's such a good player.

Lewi - 8 - Much better from Lewi.

Reid - 9 - unstoppable

Morgan - 7 - Menace for them.
Allen - 7 - such a prospect.
Thomas - n/a

And a couple of pictures from the match:

The pre match demonstration:

The rather awful away support

REEEEIIIIDDDD

The demonstration photo would look good on a t-shirt ...
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 pm

What demonstration ? And by the way Alessandra and the right back were total crap. Everybody else were ok and some were outstanding . We need to solve the problem on the right side of the pitch .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Good game, only one winner looked likely from the start, from last year and some woeful performances this was much, much better, having said that City looking FOOKIN dire and I fear for them if that is all they have. Anyway, feeling cautiously optimistic but will see what some better opposition bring out of the boys, agree about Reid, he's hit the ground running.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 am

Cheers Pitbull, good report as always.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Old Timer wrote:
What demonstration ? And by the way Alessandra and the right back were total crap. Everybody else were ok and some were outstanding . We need to solve the problem on the right side of the pitch .

Yeah, it should be the ''appreciation''  photo.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Are you on about the coloured plastic sheets?

With respect, fans holding up sheets to make a "PAFC" has feck all to link it to an appreciation of James Brent.

A show of Uber-Aviva-ism foreshore, to make those Exeter types jaw-drop in awe of our awesomeness.

Nowt more than that tho.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:09 pm

The only thing I demonstrated was my inability to get to the ground in time for kick off, shame I missed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Iggy wrote:
The only thing I demonstrated was my inability to get to the ground in time for kick off, shame I missed it.

Buffoon.

Last edited by Person Of Interest on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Buffoon.

It's Buffoon actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Eh?  laugh 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:23 pm

lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 3:59 pm

If POI had sorted the taxi earlier, we would have made it to the awesomness show on time.
Bleddy Fosters drinker
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Are you on about the coloured plastic sheets?  

With respect, fans holding up sheets to make a "PAFC" has feck all to link it to an appreciation of James Brent.

A show of Uber-Aviva-ism foreshore, to make those Exeter types jaw-drop in awe of our awesomeness.

Nowt more than that tho.....

In a way it does, and in another way it does not.

It was meant for those that may align themselves with certain groups or for those who are happy with the status quo [if there is one], as it gives off a picture of a ''happy club''. In reality, it is far from it [the ever looming balloon payment and what future are the club looking at here]..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Is it just me or does one of the blokes in photo 66 look strangely familiar??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
If POI had sorted the taxi earlier, we would have made it to the awesomness show on time.
Bleddy Fosters drinker

drunken 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Is it just me or does one of the blokes in photo 66 look strangely familiar??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Exeter game)    Just back (Exeter game)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back (Exeter game)
Page 1 of 1