+2
SwimWithTheTide
Tringreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. Empty
PostSubject: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 pm

On a thread where an Aviva type from Swansea was being condescending about little Plymouth Argyle.

Newell still can't see the blatantly obvious. He'll only be happy when he and his ilk are running the village show at HP and lording it over other lower league minnows. That's why he's desperate for the ministand.

Greenskin :
In 2007 Argyle were in a stronger position than Swansea in every conceivable aspect and should have pushed on to become at least as successful as they are now.Our gates were bigger [belying the apathetic janner bollocks so often trotted out as an excuse for the inadequacies of those at the top of the club],the team was better and Home Park was certainly better than the Vetch even in it's underdeveloped state.It's to Swansea's great credit that they reached a certain stage and decided to push on beyond that level,both in terms of ground and team development.It's to the eternal discredit of the spineless,limp wristed and downright greedy Argyle [and indeed Plymouth] "leadership" that the gap between the clubs is now so wide in every conceivable respect.Utterly tragic.

IJN:
Don't agree and never will.

The tragic demise was caused by the fact the 'leaders' noted, quite understandably the populace of Plymouth couldn't give a fishes tit about football.

Our great team wasn't that well supported after the initial spark of interest.

When the Janners go fed up with watching the likes of Derby, Coventry and Nott Forest, they stayed way in their 1000's.

You can say what you want Mr Skin, time and time again, it doesn't make it correct.

RWW:
By the same token, just because you repeat the opposite it doesn't make it true.

And what did our leaders do to enthuse the crowds that we were serious about getting out of the Championship?

1. Did we have ambitious expansion plans for the ground? (Note how our upturn under Luggy Mk 1 coincided with Phase 1).

2. Had we made one or two big signings (e.g. the forward at Southampton who went on to play in the Premiership that Holloway wanted. Incidentally his header at the Barn Park in the last minute end when we beat Southampton 2-1 may be the best save I have ever seen a goalie (Larrieu) make in person)

Our leaders did nothing accept...

1. Mislead Holloway about signings.

2. Fail to put together a vision together to sell to the fans to get the club into the Premiership

3. Re-appointed Luggy without seeing if he was the best man for the job. (Was this the time Brendan Rogers applied or was that earlier?)

4. Allowed a mid table Championship team to be sold off fairly cheaply to make the books look good.

5. Tried to replace millions of pounds of talent going out with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of talent coming in.

It wasn't the fans fault things went wrong. The leaders got greedy and never shared any type of vision for the club and as soon as the leaders were in it for themselves the rot set in.

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:04 pm

RWW, not Paven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:09 pm

I was gonna say, I thought Paven was a clique alt, so that's an about turn if that post came from him!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:23 pm

spowell92 wrote:
RWW, not Paven.

Thanks, dear boy.

BTW what is your opinion on this subject ?

I'd like to hear the perspective of a younger, intelligent fan. The likes of Greenskin and myself have witnessed and suffered through several missed opportunities in the last 50 years. Other clubs of similar potential have made the step up but we always fail to inspire and seize the moment.

ps IJN is now suggesting the original posting from a 'Swansea fan' has probably emanated from here  scratch 

Come on........... own up if it was you Zyphie !
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:05 pm

You can see my opinion in that thread Tring. I think RWW made a cracking post. Quality vs cost did not equal good value for most fans. I fully understand why many, including most of my family and friends, were (and still are) less frequent visitors to Home Park. I've got 2 younger brothers and to attend before I could drive I would rely on my step-dad. For a family day out the cost would be upwards of £150 by the time you took into account food, drink, petrol on top of the inflated ticket prices. For an hour and half of football where we'd seen most of our best players flogged onto league rivals and replaced by cheap lower league "potential" and then be beat 2 nil by a dour Milwall (or whoever), it just wasn't worth it. Of course, in our Aviva states, we'd still continue to go. But to do that fortnightly? Not a chance.

The Argyle faithful are no different to any other supporters in the country and the club would replicate the paths of Hull, Swansea, etc should it ever be lucky enough to be gift that chance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:55 pm

spowell92 wrote:
You can see my opinion in that thread Tring. I think RWW made a cracking post. Quality vs cost did not equal good value for most fans. I fully understand why many, including most of my family and friends, were (and still are) less frequent visitors to Home Park. I've got 2 younger brothers and to attend before I could drive I would rely on my step-dad. For a family day out the cost would be upwards of £150 by the time you took into account food, drink, petrol on top of the inflated ticket prices. For an hour and half of football where we'd seen most of our best players flogged onto league rivals and replaced by cheap lower league "potential" and then be beat 2 nil by a dour Milwall (or whoever), it just wasn't worth it. Of course, in our Aviva states, we'd still continue to go. But to do that fortnightly? Not a chance.

The Argyle faithful are no different to any other supporters in the country and the club would replicate the paths of Hull, Swansea, etc should it ever be lucky enough to be gift that chance.

The pasoti site co owner doesn't believe it.............. The facts and figures are all there to show that we are / were , no different than the likes of Swansea, Reading, Cardiff, Hull etc at the same levels and before them, Norwich, Ipswich and Southampton. CEMENTED FANBASES ONLY HAPPEN FOLLOWING TOP FLIGHT EXPOSURE. What RWW reiterates is the clear statements of intent made by those clubs to inspire the potential fanbase. Something Argyle have never done. The last mob got greedy but were essentially outclassed and backed by the emerging pasoti politburo. I and similar thinkers were banned for warning of impending decline. Not proper fans  Rolling Eyes 
Fast forward 10 years and nothing much has changed, except certain individuals have wormed their way into positions of pomp and self importance.
Even Graham Clark is telling them how dire things are getting down on Napoleon's Farm.

Paul_Roberts wrote:
Very trivial response by some respected posters to what is a serious issue.

Don't confuse what you perceive as serial moaners with people who have genuine concerns about the future of the club.

It's threads like this one that put me right off Pasoti.

Graham Clark wrote :
You are not the only one, Paul. The quality and quantity of debate on this site continues to diminish and it is sometimes not helped by comments made by those who run the site. This thread is a perfect illustration of the point.

In recent months the messages from those who run the club have become an exercise in obfuscation. The Board do have the opportunity to redeem themselves shortly with an open Q & A with supporters (still to be announced) and regain if not restore the confidence of many of the fan base who remain genuinely worried about not just the future of the Grandstand but the future of the club.

In the absence of the Board making clear and unequivocal statements about the HHP development, the ability to pay the balloon debt, the existence of any form of Plan B etc. etc. and questions that will flow from those answers then there will continue to be debate surrounding other James Brent projects that may or may nor be proceeding at his public expressed timescale.

Some can laugh it off, some can just get bored with it but for many it remains a serious concern as they can only interpret it as a further publicly expressed measure in James Brent's ability to deliver his promises made in the City and Torbay.

The simple answer is for the Board to take the opportunity of the forthcoming supporters' meeting to deal with the important questions In three months time we will have had three years of James Brent's Chairmanship and ownership and it is perfectly reasonable to make an proper and informed assessment of his tenure. For me such a meeting will be a legitimate test of candour, no excuses, no 'balance of probability', no clever obscuration just the facts and let us, as supporters be the judge.

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm

Tringreen wrote:
On a thread where an Aviva type from Swansea was being condescending about little Plymouth Argyle.

Newell still can't see the blatantly obvious. He'll only be happy when he and his ilk are running the village show at HP and lording it over other lower league minnows. That's why he's desperate for the ministand.

Greenskin :
In 2007 Argyle were in a stronger position than Swansea in every conceivable aspect and should have pushed on to become at least as successful as they are now.Our gates were bigger [belying the apathetic janner bollocks so often trotted out as an excuse for the inadequacies of those at the top of the club],the team was better and Home Park was certainly better than the Vetch even in it's underdeveloped state.It's to Swansea's great credit that they reached a certain stage and decided to push on beyond that level,both in terms of ground and team development.It's to the eternal discredit of the spineless,limp wristed and downright greedy Argyle [and indeed Plymouth] "leadership" that the gap between the clubs is now so wide in every conceivable respect.Utterly tragic.

IJN:
Don't agree and never will.

The tragic demise was caused by the fact the 'leaders' noted, quite understandably the populace of Plymouth couldn't give a fishes tit about football.

Our great team wasn't that well supported after the initial spark of interest.

When the Janners go fed up with watching the likes of Derby, Coventry and Nott Forest, they stayed way in their 1000's.

You can say what you want Mr Skin, time and time again, it doesn't make it correct.

RWW:
By the same token, just because you repeat the opposite it doesn't make it true.

And what did our leaders do to enthuse the crowds that we were serious about getting out of the Championship?

1. Did we have ambitious expansion plans for the ground? (Note how our upturn under Luggy Mk 1 coincided with Phase 1).

2. Had we made one or two big signings (e.g. the forward at Southampton who went on to play in the Premiership that Holloway wanted. Incidentally his header at the Barn Park in the last minute end when we beat Southampton 2-1 may be the best save I have ever seen a goalie (Larrieu) make in person)

Our leaders did nothing accept...

1. Mislead Holloway about signings.

2. Fail to put together a vision together to sell to the fans to get the club into the Premiership

3. Re-appointed Luggy without seeing if he was the best man for the job. (Was this the time Brendan Rogers applied or was that earlier?)

4. Allowed a mid table Championship team to be sold off fairly cheaply to make the books look good.

5. Tried to replace millions of pounds of talent going out with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of talent coming in.

It wasn't the fans fault things went wrong. The leaders got greedy and never shared any type of vision for the club and as soon as the leaders were in it for themselves the rot set in.

A question that still gets asked to this day is - ''where did that money go to'' ?.

Some say it was around the £8 million mark...

Stapleton [once the saviour] became the villain and was behind the tragic collapse we all witnessed. Before the collapse, Argyle were balancing the books well, apparently.

Holloway was fobbed off so much that it is no surprise he left..If only Stapleton had pushed the boat out that little bit further and Holloway had stayed, Argyle may have graced the EPL.

A quick reminder

''There might have been problems behind the scenes at Home Park and financial promises made to Holloway by the Argyle board may been broken or delayed but did that justify Holloway walking away from a job that rescued him from the scrap-heap''.

''Holloway knew full well the tight financial restraints that the Pilgrims operate under but still the board backed the manager and provided him with the funds to break Argyle's transfer record not once but three times.''

FULL LINK - http://www.plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=108319
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:11 pm

Nool....... 5 mins ago.

'That wasn't a reference to you as it happens, it was a reference to a person who read this site avidly but spouts off on another, along with a few other non attending cronies.'

He must be referring to moi and yes, I do read the farm when it gets interesting, like when people speak their mind. Of course Ian, as I'm banned from your farm and can't 'spout off' on there, you could always come over here [as yourself of course, no Sting Curtain please] and discuss openly without fear of bannings.
Of course, had you listened to me instead of supporting that fine man Stapes and his lovely family, the club might not be in the frikkin mess it is now................ but then power and position have always been just as important to you as supporting Argyle haven't they, my dear old thing ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Nool....... 5 mins ago.

'That wasn't a reference to you as it happens, it was a reference to a person who read this site avidly but spouts off on another, along with a few other non attending cronies.'

He must be referring to moi and yes, I do read the farm when it gets interesting, like when people speak their mind. Of course Ian, as I'm banned from your farm and can't 'spout off' on there, you could always come over here [as yourself of course, no Sting Curtain please] and discuss openly without fear of bannings.
Of course, had you listened to me instead of supporting that fine man Stapes and his lovely family, the club might not be in the frikkin mess it is now................ but then power and position have always been just as important to you as supporting Argyle haven't they, my dear old thing ?

But how does he know you spout off elsewhere, he never reads this place remember lol!

Poor ol' nooly baby seems a bit stressed today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Nool....... 5 mins ago.

You could of course meet him on middle ground ie (Exeweb) the problem there is that he has somehow curried favor with the mods so even anything that pisses the pig off on Exeweb the mods will dish out infraction points and edit the post.
But only in Newell's interests of course!!!

The tentacles of corruption extend far further then Pasoti these days im afraid.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:03 pm

IJN wrote:
It was pointed out to me many months ago that Richard Nixon also thought he spoke for the majority and look what happened to him.

How many times has he quoted the silent majority line? He's so thick he collects evidence on what other people have said and then can't remember one of his own catchphrases.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:19 pm

Just had to check, but Nixon did win the 1968 election by a landslide. The fact he was a crook doesn't alter the fact that the overwhelming majority did agree with his political stance and voted for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

So how does Nool know whether people attend or not anyway?
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Yea Man wrote:
So how does Nool know whether people attend or not anyway?

FFS Iggy! (Sorry, Mr Dog). He knows everything, dunnee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:46 pm

I may have magically deleted my own post FFS! I'm sure it was here just now, two whole paras of the usual ranting. It will be sadly missed foreshore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
I may have magically deleted my own post FFS! I'm sure it was here just now, two whole paras of the usual ranting. It will be sadly missed foreshore.
Not to worry its on another thread, it was Peggy confusing me with Yea man that confused me FFS!
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.   Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm. Empty

Back to top Go down

Greenskin IJN & RWW on the farm.
Page 1 of 1