HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

off to the farm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 am

im off to start on the design for a permaculture/biodynamic pig farm today. Just a listening exercise today, then the real fun begins..lots of research (the wife has a different meaning for that word) on the 'puter, and down the library (we still have one here!).
i need to keep an open mind on this one, as im really not sure of the viability of biodynamics as a growing system, tinctures of cowpat in sheeps skulls, buried for 8 months and then sprayed on the earth, when venus is rising through saturns uranus! see defo need an open mind, think i'll have a spliff before i get there!
anyone else know what im waffling about? my bets on lawnmower and tcm, maybe iggy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:45 am

scratch
Back to top Go down

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

Have you banged your ed lately bhey
Back to top Go down

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 am

He should have waited until he had the spliff lol!
Back to top Go down

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 am

Where's mouldy when you need him? He could supply endless amounts of goat crap lol!
Back to top Go down

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 pm

I had a friend who was going to garden using permaculture methods. For her it meant doing nothing ..... Smile

The last time I was there about 5 years ago, the Garden Organic centre at Ryton, just outside Coventry, had developed an area which they were planning to grow using bio-dynamic principles. It would be interesting to go back & see how they have done.
Back to top Go down

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:
im off to start on the design for a permaculture/biodynamic pig farm today. Just a listening exercise today, then the real fun begins..lots of research (the wife has a different meaning for that word) on the 'puter, and down the library (we still have one here!).
i need to keep an open mind on this one, as im really not sure of the viability of biodynamics as a growing system, tinctures of cowpat in sheeps skulls, buried for 8 months and then sprayed on the earth, when venus is rising through saturns uranus! see defo need an open mind, think i'll have a spliff before i get there!
anyone else know what im waffling about? my bets on lawnmower and tcm, maybe iggy

Damn right there bhey, I have a good friend who is a bio dynamic grower and loves a bit of permaculture, funnily enough he lives near TCM. Razz He grows to the phases of the moon and uses a lot of compost and manure but I am not sure how far he is into the chanting at the compost pile I have witnessed on a commune in North Wales. flower I must say that the veg he grows is amazing, and puts mine to shame. As for your pig farm, good luck and I am sure that a small venture could work very well, the pork from pigs that are given fresh air, access to woodland and good food is definitely better than factory reared meat (we have had blind tastings with our own free range pork and supermarket pork and ours won hands down) how it would work on a larger scale I don't know. Projects like yours can only help our knowledge of what works and what doesn't and if more pigs are kept outside (with access to dry bedding and shelter obviously) then you have my good wishes for success.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

off to the farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: off to the farm   off to the farm Empty

Back to top Go down

off to the farm
Page 1 of 1