HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FAO Gob or other Admin

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ponty

FAO Gob or other Admin Empty
PostSubject: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi, I have answered your PM and supplied my e-mail address, it's the same one I have always used for AT, Maybe the problem is your end?

Many thanks, Ponty.

PS Couldn't respond in the Admin section as I'm not allowed in there... Mad
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Sorry, looks like it was my mistake, should be sorted now.

Ponty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:06 pm

To follow up on your last pm Ponty regarding...

"Glad we got it sorted.

I think your publishing of PM's is not the done thing, but hey, you're the Boss...

Ponty."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the way we do things on here mate, open and free for all to see as much as poss, obviously not publishing the persoal email addresses and stuff.

If you prefer a more secretive Internet society, I believe such a site exist, have a google.

And yup, I am the boss, as is Tring, GS and Pete, for at least another 12 months, good eh! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I have responded to the e-mail from my e-mail address, I have sent it to patd1920@yahoo.co.uk as requested, can you inform me of the next step please.

I would now like you to reactivate all the features you have disabled me from.

Ponty.

PS No need to unblock me from sending PM's. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 pm

All sorted Ponty, not sure you were restricted yet anyway?

Members can change pm's themselves, I don't think those can be restricted but I can check if you like lol!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Subject: Re: Ponty - Copy of message sent Today at 10:58 am
Copy of pm sent to Ponty..

Hi Ponty,

I have restricted your use of the site until a reply is received from the email sent asking for email confirmation.

Please ensure that when posting you post in the context of the forum that you are posting on or further restrictions maybe be imposed.

Many thanks
GOB

I was, but no big deal.

Also when I tried to respond to your PM this is the message I recieved.

Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:14 am

We do everything for all to see on here Ponty, it was found that pm's can be abused and we don't want anyone to have the impression that we twist and distort things, would we, it would destroy our reputation if it was found out. That's the way we like to work, it may seem a little strange at first but you never know, you may get used to it.

Are you OK with sorting your pm's or would you like a little help from one of the bosses?

Anyway, thanks for your cooperation Ponty, I knew we'd get there in the end so I'll move this thread into the Half time section.
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 am

I was previously "allowed" to send PM's, as you know, you posted them...

It's not a problem, you're the only one on here who PM's me, I can always e-mail you of course...

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 am

Anything you send via email or the pm system that involve site issues will be published for all to see and read. There are boards created for the use of issues such as the one you had and eventually used.

It's my view that pm's should not be used for such issues and that members are discouraged from using the pm system when discussing those issues or it can lead to accusations of a more underhand operation. On a site such as this where we have no reason to hide such things from members I see no point in using it. Obviously personal information will be treated with respect but again, email should be used rather then the pm system as the pm system can be abused, as I'm sure you are aware.

I temporarily closed the use of pm's for you because I wanted you to share your views with the members, but I did so in the knowledge that you could also open your own pm system once again so "closed" or "restricted" are probably incorrect words to use. Had I wanted to close your pm service on a more permanent basis I would have used a different method but that would involve methods of a far more drastic kind, although I'm looking into this to see if a less drastic method can be applied.

Of course, all this could have been avoided if you had provided a correct and legitimate email address in the first place instead of an email address that did not exist, other sites may have banned you for such an issue. But I'm happy the issue has been raised as it has provided further ideas to evolve the running of the site in this forever evolving circle, for that I thank you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm

I would say an interesting exchange, but y' know, it ain't.

However, well done Gob for being up front and publicly pedantic about the rules on this forum... it won't take long before the usual suspects get bored.

Dodgy email addresses are a no no for all internet forums and I would assume no one on here wants that failed and much maligned Pasoti culture of PMs.... that's their way.

Hopefully Pontypool will contribute more often. As I said on another thread, democratic involvment has everything to do with how the community perceives itself over a period of time. ATDemocratic has no need for a discredited Pasoti culture or IMF dictats.... it's reason for existing is clearly stated at the top of the page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

I think he's just a bit peeved Pirate, him and his mate were desperate for us not to leave the old site Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

alien
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:26 pm

pig lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:13 am

If all else fails, go back to the one liners, or better still, one picture ! pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:01 am

Winking ..Nein Danke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:53 am

I think it’s funny.

After the humiliation of having his farm team busted he suffers the humiliation of being busted again over a false email address and if that wasn’t enough the email address provided was used previously on “another” site and was already known to be false. But when he had his use of the site restricted he couldn’t resist the “need to know” and promptly carried out what was asked by responding to an email. It’s no wonder he wanted it all done and sorted without anyone seeing what a plonker he is.

You have to ask, how desperate are these guys to stay on a site that he’s already said he wants no part of, it must be torture for them wondering if we’re discussing them or not! jocolor Obviously, paranoia comes before pride! pig

If we had a COTW I think he would have it for 12 months, he is after all, by far the biggest COCK! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am

I think he should be concentrating on problems on his own site rather then worrying about what is happening here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:16 am

I don't think Ponty or Naps are capable of limiting themselves Frank, they have this thirst for knowledge about themselves and a powerful urge for some sort of control. Now they have no control there is a desperation to regain it that goes beyond any humiliation they may suffer, hence why the name "Ponty" is still on this site that "Ponty" wants nothing to do with.

It's even better that this is being discussed on a forum for the world to see, again, thanks to Ponty! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:10 am

rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 am

morning Ponty, nice to see you online lol!
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:12 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:04 am

I reckon Ponty could take the erstwhile Steve's place on Greenbonk. Same name, same content. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:15 am

Good idea.

I could call myself some sort of fancy name.

Like Blade... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:23 am

Ponty wrote:
Good idea.

I could call myself some sort of fancy name.

Like Blade... lol! lol!

Ha ha ! been stalking me old boy ? FYI that is a nickname given me by my team mates at cricket. It has been adopted by family and friends. You may call me Blade if you like.

Prince of the flashing blade !................ twas a pi$$ take, as my batting style was more akin to that of Boycott.

Go on Ponty....... make us smile and take over from the other Steve on Greenbonk............. pleeeeeease !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO Gob or other Admin   FAO Gob or other Admin Empty

Back to top Go down

FAO Gob or other Admin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next