Rickler
Elias
sufferedsince 68
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

This Time Next Year. Empty
PostSubject: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Will we be looking forward to starting the season in league one? Or will it be another season in league two? or will we be looking forward to playing Bristol Rovers and Torquay in the Conference after a points deduction when the Deck of cards collapses? A new wealthy owner is the only way this club will move forward, there must be a loaded football fanatic thats looking for a challenge out there somewhere surly! Ps. Previous Father Christmases need not apply.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:33 pm

I think we will come unstuck in the Play-Offs personally. A year from now the Grandstand will still be open and the HHP plans will thankfully be dead in the water with Brent gone, question is who will be replacing him?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I think we will come unstuck in the Play-Offs personally. A year from now the Grandstand will still be open and the HHP plans will thankfully be dead in the water with Brent gone, question is who will be replacing him?

HHP, if that hideous plan ever happened it would have condemmed the club to Third Fourth Non league football forever. But everyone now knows that Dogs Breakfast of a plan was never going to happen, neither will anything else while Brent owns the club! so on the positive side at least the dream of a decent Grandstand is still alive,along with it a return to the championship in the distant future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:22 pm

We will have to be slapped with a serious points reduction to end up relegated next season.

We survived last time after playing the first 15-20 games of the season with 17 and 18 year olds.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 11:47 pm

much optimisum after losing on pens to burton in the play offs.
promotion next season or the next one  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:12 am

I think both the club and the team could be described as average at best.

It's a sad state of affairs if at this stage in our recovery we can't improve on average.

I'm hopeful we can.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:20 pm

I'll be getting excited about seeing the team line-up  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Hardly a suprise aviva to the end !

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 am

Some brummie, fully kit out in his worn out track suit and half a set of teeth, at Brum away (naturally) last season came up to me while walking to the ground and told me that he liked Plymouth and wished us the best. He said I've always had a soft spot for Argyle since that advert for the Norwich lot with that Comedian on the beeb and hoped we'd play them more often. Geddon big dave!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 am

Norwich City's main sponsor Aviva, no doubt gave them first option on featuring in the piss taking commercials.

They declined. We revel in our parochiality.

Our attendance histories pre Norwich making the top flight were almost identical. Through their years at the top they now enjoy a solid 20k+ fanbase , even in the third tier because the city and region believes in them.

We could and should be the same but try telling that to the farm controllers. They still blame stay away, plastic, glory hunting janners for not turning up in great numbers to watch an average to struggling championship club, showing no ambition.

That's why they're happy with a boxed in ministand, fit only for lower league boasting rights. Right up their street. No 
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 am

It will all change when we get our own TV chef on the directors board.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:11 am

Tbf, both parties are at a stalemate. What potential owner would want to splurge cash on a fan base yet to truly emerge. I've no doubt they would, but I understand the reasoning behind that side of the argument. While the fan base to be waits for someone to deliver something worthy of their hard earned cash. Who goes first? Doesn't matter, it only takes one for the other to follow. But neither have made the first move, there's a lack of trust.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 9:36 am

spowell92 wrote:
Tbf, both parties are at a stalemate. What potential owner would want to splurge cash on a fan base yet to truly emerge. I've no doubt they would, but I understand the reasoning behind that side of the argument. While the fan base to be waits for someone to deliver something worthy of their hard earned cash. Who goes first? Doesn't matter, it only takes one for the other to follow. But neither have made the first move, there's a lack of trust.

Plenty of clubs with historically equivalent or worse fanbases than Argyle have shown what can be achieved when the first move comes from within and genuine progress is made on and off the field rather than being substituted by half hearted and inadequate cop outs.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:52 am

Greenskin wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Plenty of clubs with historically equivalent or worse fanbases than Argyle have shown what can be achieved when the first move comes from within and genuine progress is made on and off the field rather than being substituted by half hearted and inadequate cop outs.

Don't worry, I happen to agree with you - as I state I've no doubt that the fan base would emerge, but I can understand owner reluctance. There is no guarantee that the green army would match the trend of other clubs who have done it in the past, although I see no reason why they wouldn't. In an ideal world we need an owner who's a fan and who's passion and ambition matches that of the fan base. I guess we are doing that to a degree, only we're lowering the ambition of the fan base to that of the owner's (how convenient)  Rolling Eyes and ramming it down people's throats as realistic and achievable. I prefer to refer to it as mundane and hollow.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:31 pm

spowell92 wrote:

Just how many people do you expect to pay £20+ for div 4 mediocrity every other week ffs !!!!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 am

Elias wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Just how many people do you expect to pay £20+ for div 4 mediocrity every other week ffs !!!!

I don't expect anyone to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Time Next Year.   This Time Next Year. Empty

Back to top Go down

This Time Next Year.
Page 1 of 1