Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?

Go down 
+12
mouldyoldgoat
hairy j
Damon.Lenszner
Dougie
Dingle
Rickler
Graham Clark
green_genie
Richard Blight
Ballboy1958EGS
akagreengull
Sir Francis Drake
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Newell?

No.
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:48 am

Dougie wrote:
Graham Clark wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I've no idea if there is anything in this this but apparently the reason the grandstand is shut next season is because it needs roofing and electrical work before it will get next season's safety cert and the club doesn't want to pay for it.

Probably just a malicious rumour.

It is very easy to establish the truth. Home Park requires a Safety Certificate to operate as a sports stadium. The Plymouth Safety at Sports a Grounds Group are legally responsible for issuing the Certificate. The responsibility falls under Building Control of the City Council.  (See link below)

Perhaps the AFT can ask the question of PCC as to when the current certificate runs out  and what what is the capacity (it was for 16,388) for the forthcoming season. It should be a matter of public record but if not a FOI should ascertain the facts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's the kind of I formation that should be on a council website without having to ask for it - together with the minutes of the SAG.  

I have made an enquiry of PCC. The Safety Certificate for PAFC is a public document and can be made available upon request by PCC or the club. (AFT perhaps to enquire through the Head of Building Control at PCC?) . Other Councils have a copy of the certificate and minutes of their Safety Advisory Group meetings on their websites.

There are no changes to the current certificate although the next meeting of the PCC's SAG with the club is later this month. Some other Councils have supporter representation on their SAG. Another role perhaps for the AFT?

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:55 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:
Newell?

No.

James Brent??  Shocked 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 10:01 am

I know it's the closed season but the AFT seem to have gone into hibernation. There are still plenty of cages to be rattled boys 'n' girls, Step it up or you may find yourselves in the same position as the PASB did, A lame duck.
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:58 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
I know it's the closed season but the AFT seem to have gone into hibernation. There are still plenty of cages to be rattled boys 'n' girls, Step it up or you may find yourselves in the same position as the PASB did, A lame duck.
What gives you the impression that the Trust has gone into Hibernation?
Perhaps they are doing due diligence on things before they jump to possibly wrong conclusions, like a lot of people seem to do.
I am sure GreenSam will be on soon now he finished college and maybe he will spread a bit of light on-going matters
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Correct that 'impression' then, Ballboy...

Aren't you involved? What are the Trust doing at this time?
Back to top Go down
Ballboy1958EGS

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Rickler wrote:
Correct that 'impression' then, Ballboy...

Aren't you involved?  What are the Trust doing at this time?
Only with the redundant PASB, other then that just a AFT member
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Ballboy1958EGS wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
What gives you the impression that the Trust has gone into Hibernation?
Perhaps they are doing due diligence on things before they jump to possibly wrong conclusions, like a lot of people seem to do.
I am sure GreenSam will be on soon now he finished college and maybe he will spread a bit of light on-going matters

I'll tell you what gives me that impression.................... tumbleweed 

I don't recall hearing from them in a long while.

Tim Chown used to be on here all the time telling us what the Trust were doing, where's he gone ?

And don't take every dig at the Trust so personally Ballboy, I want the AFT to succeed as much as anyone and I'm also a member  chickendance 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:16 pm

I wonder how the due diligence on the HHP lease agreement is going?

Please update us, Tim.  I wouldn't want to jump to the wrong conclusion.

...and Ballboy. Sorry I got which board you were on mixed up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

The Trust IS 'COMMUNITY BUILDING' apparently, by making the RBL its designated charity for fundraising events.

Here are some responses on f/b:

Peter Ryan Not sure why the Trust should be doing fundraising for any other charity. Where does it say this is part of its objectives?
5 hours ago · Like

Robert Argyle Wright Could it be covered by this Peter - promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the Club and encouraging the Club to do the same??? - how that is achieved is open to interpretation I suppose. Personally I think it's a great idea in what is a 100 years since the start of the Great War.
5 hours ago · Like · 1Andy Symons

Andrew Brooks Fiddling while Argyle burns.
4 hours ago · Like

Argyle Fans' Trust We're also ready to man the hoses if needed - more news on that soon too. But that shouldn't stop us doing positive things for community building at the same time.
3 hours ago · Like · 1 Andy Symons

Andrew Brooks Man the hoses imminently lol !
about an hour ago · Like
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
No-one has said that Hairy - everyone has said it's a rumour - but I know where it came from and it's the first time this person has ever said anything negative about the football club.

Never did trust this one. Wonder who fed the misinformation to the "source"?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 am

Mon June 2nd 2014

Tringreen wrote:
The Trust IS 'COMMUNITY BUILDING' apparently, by making the RBL its designated charity for fundraising events.

Here are some responses on f/b:

Peter Ryan  Not sure why the Trust should be doing fundraising for any other charity. Where does it say this is part of its objectives?
5 hours ago · Like

Robert Argyle Wright Could it be covered by this Peter - promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the Club and encouraging the Club to do the same??? - how that is achieved is open to interpretation I suppose. Personally I think it's a great idea in what is a 100 years since the start of the Great War.
5 hours ago · Like · 1Andy Symons

Andrew Brooks Fiddling while Argyle burns.
4 hours ago · Like

Argyle Fans' Trust We're also ready to man the hoses if needed - more news on that soon too. But that shouldn't stop us doing positive things for community building at the same time.
3 hours ago · Like · 1 Andy Symons

Andrew Brooks Man the hoses imminently lol !
about an hour ago · Like

BUMP !
Any news on manning the hoses yet ?
                        . Unlike 1 Andy Symons  Wink
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 am

green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
No-one has said that Hairy - everyone has said it's a rumour - but I know where it came from and it's the first time this person has ever said anything negative about the football club.

Or it could be that in the meantime, since it's become more apparent that HHP is stalled, the necessary work has been done to satisfy any safety inspection?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 11:01 am

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Or it could be that in the meantime, since it's become more apparent that HHP is stalled, the necessary work has been done to satisfy any safety inspection?

It could also have been that the officious little jobs worth that does the inspections has had it pointed out to him that the chair left Near a fire escape has been moved. It doesn't take a lot for them to make a point shall we say.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Could also be that from somewhere, maybe the sale of a player perhaps, that the club has some cash to make the necessary repairs. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 4:44 pm

green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

I'd say the provenance of that info was rock solid.

Since then things might have changed as Damon suggests.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:43 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

The Safety Certificate is current (for a capacity of 16,388) and has remained unchanged for the last couple of years or so. I understand there has been no requirement from PCC's Safety Advisory Group (the responsible body for certification) to change it or further meet its requirements through repairs or improvements. Nothing has changed. The last SAG meeting with the club was a couple of weeks ago.

It is the intention of PCC to have the safety certificate and minutes of the SAG meetings online as other Councils' do.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:30 am

It may have a safety certificate but I'd be surprised if it has a hygiene certificate. The grandstand is rancid, full of years old pidgeon shit and litter, is it ever cleaned? my old man found a half eaten tramp under his seat last season, didn't make the 'erald though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
It may have a safety certificate but I'd be surprised if it has a hygiene certificate. The grandstand is rancid, full of years old pidgeon shit and litter, is it ever cleaned? my old man found a half eaten tramp under his seat last season, didn't make the 'erald though.

Diogenes?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Didn't realise that Suarez had ever been to HP.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:37 am

Graham Clark wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

The Safety Certificate is current (for a capacity of 16,388) and has remained unchanged for the last couple of years or so. I understand there has been no requirement from PCC's Safety Advisory Group (the responsible body for certification) to change it or further meet its requirements through repairs or improvements. Nothing has changed. The last SAG meeting with the club was a couple of weeks ago.

It is the intention of PCC to have the safety certificate and minutes of the SAG meetings online as other Councils' do.

Noted.

I've nothing to add except to reiterate that the source of my original information was as good as could possibly be.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:11 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Graham Clark wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:

Noted.

I've nothing to add except to reiterate that the source of my original information was as good as could possibly be.

And if 'the club' has used this person to put out bad information then it has stooped to an all time low.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:40 am

Just trawling through Google images and saw this!! I don't remember seeing this mock-up before. If only eh? feck the dentist, doctors, lighthouse and cinema and shops.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?   Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Grandstand shut because it won't pass a safety inspection?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2