Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:36 am

Should resign Summerfield and Walton too.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:44 am

X Isle wrote:
Great stuff, coming together slowly but surely. Reid & Thomas re-signing and a couple of equally solid new additions and we should continue to improve next season.  

Sure beats the days of 'hanging on' Robbie Williams accepting a new contract offer and a non-league fireman being our marquee signing!!  

I hope Reid does sign, he seemed settled here and JS has a lot of time for him. We will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 12:40 pm

I think that if Reid was settled he would have signed by now, he still may, but you can't help but think he is waiting for that offer that's too good to refuse and who could blame him?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Iggy wrote:
I think that if Reid was settled he would have signed by now, he still may, but you can't help but think he is waiting for that offer that's too good to refuse and who could blame him?

I have read that Pompey, Bristol City and AFC Bournemouth are interested in him ??.

I assume JS and Reid spoke about the possibility of him being at HP for 2014-15, probably before last season had ended.

If he does not sign for Argyle, then JS will have to get a striker who can score goals and consistent goals at that. No easy task for JS then......

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:51 pm

And there's the rub Village, to land a striker like Reid for next season we have to pay the going rate ie. at least come close to what the likes of Brizzle will pay, with him on board we should be certain of a decent crack at getting out of this league. If we end up with another 'decent signing for this level AKA Showumni, Morgan ect. Then we should come down on Brent like a ton of bricks. To have him go to Pompey would be the last straw.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Reid has only had one other double figures season since he started playing in 2006. He's not a 'proven goalscorer' at any level. I'd like him to sign but, chances are, he'll not score over 10 next season. Maybe last season it clicked with Allesandra and Hourihane.
Reid's from Bristol so that might play a part in City signing him. It's likely his agent is touting his glorious 17 goals last season.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:38 pm

hairy j wrote:
Reid has only had one other double figures season since he started playing in 2006. He's not a 'proven goalscorer' at any level. I'd like him to sign but, chances are, he'll not score over 10 next season. Maybe last season it clicked with Allesandra and Hourihane.
Reid's from Bristol so that might play a part in City signing him. It's likely his agent is touting his glorious 17 goals last season.

Just had a look around the BCFC forums and came across this thread :-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He gets mentioned on this Portsmouth forum thread though :-

Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:38 pm

It won't be that surprising if he does join a south west, south coast club as he's based in the region. If Bristol are interested, they're probably favourites, then us given he mst have enjoyed hs highest scoring season here - we get decent crowds too. It's a gamble but make him the highest paid player here and he'll probably join us. I'd like it but I won't be throwing myself off a bridge if he goes elsewhere. The Bournemouth link seems way off - he's not good enough to go there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Between Bristol City, Pompey and Argyle I reckon. That's probably the order of wages each could pay too..
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:24 pm

hairy j wrote:
It won't be that surprising if he does join a south west, south coast club as he's based in the region. If Bristol are interested, they're probably favourites, then us given he mst have enjoyed hs highest scoring season here - we get decent crowds too. It's a gamble but make him the highest paid player here and he'll probably join us. I'd like it but I won't be throwing myself off a bridge if he goes elsewhere. The Bournemouth link seems way off - he's not good enough to go there.

Agree with you on that.

It it does come down to Argyle, Pompey and Bristol City, then i would say Bristol City must be up there as dead-certs as they probably can afford the wages, they are in a higher league and get decent crowds. Plus he does come from there.

Could Pompey afford his wages, as i thought they did not have two pennies to rub together [even though they can pull in 1000s]. Would he shine down on the South-Coast as he did here last season.

If [as we would all like] dedication/loyalty sees him sign for Argyle, then fair play to him and JS. It would be fitting for him to do that too.

He may well have scored a few last season, but he was still a so-so striker He missed a fair few chances in games, and as we know that trait, we do not mind so much. Pompey and Bristol City on the other hand are probably not aware of this trait and it would be a huge gamble for the both of them in signing Reid (and that is my personal opinion). Is he the answer those two teams seek, as they urgently search for a striker who can bag a few. I do not think Reid is their answer..

I believe time is at the essence here as this has to be resolved sooner, rather than later. For all we know, JS may have offered him a contract and he has gone away to digest the terms and consult his family. If that is the case and Reid himself says no [and does sign for one of the other two], then you would have to hope that JS moves fast in the transfer market before all the decent strikers are snapped up.

LATEST UPDATE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle re-sign Cox   Argyle re-sign Cox - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle re-sign Cox
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2