Sir Francis Drake
Greenskin
sufferedsince 68
RegGreen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant Empty
PostSubject: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Look how far with come jeez will be signing ex big brother contestants next lol! wonder if pieface has got a pair of boots lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Jimmy gets his Hatrick!! three signings all with Zero pedigree wtf is going on at the circus? No chance of being anywhere near the top of the league with these"additions"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Is anyone else noticing how many games these 3 have played in their league careers? all three combined only just cover 100 and its not as if they are teens.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:47 pm

tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Look how far with come jeez will be signing ex big brother contestants next lol! wonder if pieface has got a pair of boots lol!
So were you saying the same thing when we signed King Tommy some years back? He won a competition to get a trial at Liverpool. No? Thought not. Grow up and try a welcome message Mr Keyboard Warrior. Laughing

Seeing as Argyle paid £50k for Tommy, a not inconsiderable sum at the time, not really a valid comparison [we could have had Aldridge as well but that's another story].This bloke played for Wimbledon against Argyle in the play off final, can't remember much about him though, taken off after 70 minutes. Hasn't done much in his previous career but you never know I suppose. Good luck to him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
So were you saying the same thing when we signed King Tommy some years back? He won a competition to get a trial at Liverpool. No? Thought not. Grow up and try a welcome message Mr Keyboard Warrior. Laughing

Seeing as Argyle paid £50k for Tommy, a not inconsiderable sum at the time, not really a valid comparison [we could have had Aldridge as well but that's another story].This bloke played for Wimbledon against Argyle in the play off final, can't remember much about him though, taken off after 70 minutes. Hasn't done much in his previous career but you never know I suppose. Good luck to him anyway.

I once asked Tommy Tynan about that. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Is is true we could have had Aldridge at the same time we signed you?

TT: Not really. We were both up for sale at the same time but he was never going to come to Plymouth with me. The only reason he was leaving Newport was because his wife wanted to move back home - or at least as close to Liverpool as she could. Plymouth was never an option for him.

Obviously Oxford was as close to Liverpool that he could get at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 5:56 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Jimmy gets his Hatrick!! three signings all with Zero pedigree wtf is going on at the circus? No chance of being anywhere near the top of the league with these"additions"

It's going to be a long old season Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
tigertony wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

I once asked Tommy Tynan about that. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Is is true we could have had Aldridge at the same time we signed you?

TT: Not really. We were both up for sale at the same time but he was never going to come to Plymouth with me. The only reason he was leaving Newport was because his wife wanted to move back home - or at least as close to Liverpool as she could. Plymouth was never an option for him.

Obviously Oxford was as close to Liverpool that he could get at the time.

It was nothing to do with him wanting to go back to Liverpool, it was because Newport needed urgent money after wasting £80k on Alan Waddle. Played golf at Whitsand bay a couple of years ago and we got talking to Roy Carter in the bar afterwards [500 odd league games and was on Newports books at the time] who was working there. He said that the Tynan/Aldridge deal was all done and dusted via the directors of the clubs but Bobby Moncur didn't want Aldridge and was more interested in bringing Billy Rafferty back to HP, creating a schism which was not healed and which led to Moncur's departure early in the following season. Roy said that Len Ashurst, who was Newport manager, simply could not believe that Argyle had passed on the opportunity and he was not wrong with the way things turned out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Well... We have wildly differing versions from people who both probably should know.

FWIW I had the conversation with TT at the University when the Argyle film was shown.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Geddon Jimmy. We've out muscled a L1 team!! ROAR!

(Don't mention their ground holds less than 5,000)
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:10 pm

Ffs mini ground if brent had his way.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Seems a bit strange that my post was removed but the ''admin'' didn't realise that people further on had used it. Now, I know a site where if you dare disagree then off to the tower you go. People moan when we sign a player released by a Lge 2 side then they moan when we sign a player who had an offer from a Lge 1 side. confused
(Oh .. and Bideford's ground holds 2000)
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 10:22 pm

What was the offer from lge one ?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 am

Elias wrote:
What was the offer from lge one ?
Connor at Wombles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 am

tigertony wrote:
Seems a bit strange that my post was removed but the ''admin'' didn't realise that people further on had used it. Now, I know a site where if you dare disagree then off to the tower you go. People moan when we sign a player released by a Lge 2 side then they moan when we sign a player who had an offer from a Lge 1 side. confused

Which post was removed ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:06 am

tigertony wrote:

Tony I've moved your post to zoo corner where you can squabble, abuse each other and generally get on people's tits in peace without having to worry about anything basic like the topic in hand.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks Hugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant   Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle sign ex tv reality show contestant
Page 1 of 1