Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brighton sign £1m player

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Brighton sign £1m player Empty
PostSubject: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Following our promotion to the championship we spent £0 on Milne, Makel, Crawford, Doumbe and Lasley.

Time will tell if it is a sensible move by Brighton, but I imagine their fans are very excited.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:50 am

Brighton have the financial clout now, & shed loads of season tickets sold for their new ground. I expect Brighton to be up there pushing for promotion again this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:32 pm

That's the difference between organic and ambition Frank.

I fully expect Brighton to be up there pushing for promotion as well, their fans deserve a break after being ripped off by owners all those decades ago.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Of all the clubs slumming it in the lower reaches back in the late 90s who clearly had a bit of potential, always thought Brighton were the naturally biggest. Having said that, of the others I'm thinking of, Cardiff, Swans, Hull, BCity etc, I look at our current situation and just wonder.

Are we the only bunch to still have a sub £1m transfer record? It's still Maclean at half that, isn't it? Surely Walton won't have activated any clauses lol.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Looking to beat this record too, in the next few days, by all accounts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:

Whats your record fee Sandford?

I am pleased for Brighton as they have been through the mill over the last decade or so. Good luck to them for showing some ambition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Unlike our lot, looks like Brighton have cottoned on to the idea of growth and human emotion. Most things on this planet have an energy that is unstoppable when it is in it's youthful stage ... wait too long until you're an old fart and you get what you desrve.
Holloway begged Blackpool to continue the momentum of Grayson, Exeter are still riding their wave, yet what did we do when we were on a roll ... new ground, big crowds, a habit of winning ? We brought down a gaggle of Scotish journeymen, giggled like a girl at the thought of playing the likes of Sunderland, and talked of organic growth !!!
Looking back at it now, I can see we followed the personal shape of Paul Stapleton's boring life .... steady eddie, prudence, don't drink too much, clean your teeth three times a day, then buy your own house, invest in the future. And then dream and go for it if the chance arises. well, it did arise and he bottled it.

Surely by now, even a dunce can understand the momentum of a club rising from the lower leagues in a hurry and on a roll. Small club's like Brighton, Swansea and Argyle, will only have 4 or 5 chances in their history to grasp the nettle of pure momentum. Well done Brighton, their ambition will give their manager a surfeit of players to choose from ... just imagine what it must have been like for an in demand player to get a visit from Paul Sturrock a couple of years ago ... you would have hidden behind the sofa.
Yes, Brighton is near London, but the truth is 95% of footballers want to hook up with a team that is going places, regardles of geographical position ... out in the sticks didn't bother Paul Mariner when he chose to sign for Ipswich over the big boys... he saw a club going somewhere and wanted to be a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 5:02 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Looking back at it now, I can see we followed the personal shape of Paul Stapleton's boring life .... steady eddie, prudence, don't drink too much, clean your teeth three times a day, then buy your own house, invest in the future. And then dream and go for it if the chance arises. well, it did arise and he bottled it.

Quite true, and as the old python joke goes... "Why is accountancy boring?"

An accountant should never be in charge of a club. Never! The chairman position is for someone forward thinking and a natural 'responsible' risk taker.

The accountant should be the one advising him about money - not deciding policy.

As it happens - sadly in our case - Stapeleton was no good at either, and abdicated his responsibility in both areas.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:31 pm

....and now they have signed Mackail-Smith for a rumoured £3 million.

Ambition.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
....and now they have signed Mackail-Smith for a rumoured £3 million.

Ambition.

looking to go straight through that league, my tip for a top two finish

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

Whats your record fee Sandford?

I am pleased for Brighton as they have been through the mill over the last decade or so. Good luck to them for showing some ambition.

I'm free Frank, I do my broadcasting, as a volunteer Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brighton sign £1m player   Brighton sign £1m player Empty

Back to top Go down

Brighton sign £1m player
Page 1 of 1