Mock Cuncher
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 am

This 'love-in' pains me. They are another football club...in fact long-time rivals as another south club side who stutter and stumble from one shafting to the next, only they are enjoying a blip of genuine success whilst we once again bent over assuming the position. Ok, so the time they came down last season was probably quite nice. We were properly in the doldrums and it was a welcome boost to everyone.

However I read today that they are planning on revisiting us for our last game of the season.

Why?

We're a club run by one of the richest men in the country, certainly one of 'the 1%'. Just because he can't be fecked to dip his hand into his pocket for what would equate to small change in order to get us out of this mess, doesn't mean they should have to spend their hard-earned and weekends watching the likes of Feenwick stumble around looking painfully lost.

Anyway, they've surely got their own club to support? Are they that bored of success that they're lead to want to watch the likes of Durrell Berry, or just sado-masochists at heart? What I'd do *not* to have to see players at our standard ffs.

Football is a tribal game, and an outlet for the most primitive emotions within us...Next time you see a seagull, tell him to do one. Nicely, of course. Perhaps offer to swap shirts, and then at the next game when your Robbie Wiliams replica is being worn away at Elland Road or somewhere similar you can burn his better-designed, shiny blue and white number aloft a pike in front of the crying Demport nerds and twelve Ebbsfleet fans.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:48 am

But in just coming to that one game they have done more to help save this club than we ever could, LEGENDS, I demand a Muriel! In fact I kid you not a Muriel with a Brighton scarf and an Argyle scarf has been mooted on the farm! W An Kers.
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:05 am

Bumlicking nonsence
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 am

The original Argyle fans led Fans United thing when Brighton were on the brink in the mid 90s(?) I thought was a worthy idea. Brighton fans returning the favour with Fans Re-united when we were in administration I have no problem with, albeit it a bit embarrasing. But Brighton fans still turning out to give us moral support a year and a half after coming out of administrion is utterly rediculous! Most clubs who have come out of administration as long ago as us are now well on the way back up again and administration is all ancient history. Not f***ing Argo! Under the non-investing banker and his useless 'board' of shit we're still a basket case teetering on the edge of the abyss!!! Being patronised by massive Brighton! A team we SHOULD now be walloping in the league!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 am

Back slapping, holier than thou, praaaaper faaaaans crap !

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 am

Freathy wrote:
The original Argyle fans led Fans United thing when Brighton were on the brink in the mid 90s(?) I thought was a worthy idea. Brighton fans returning the favour with Fans Re-united when we were in administration I have no problem with, albeit it a bit embarrasing. But Brighton fans still turning out to give us moral support a year and a half after coming out of administrion is utterly rediculous! Most clubs who have come out of administration as long ago as us are now well on the way back up again and administration is all ancient history. Not f***ing Argo! Under the non-investing banker and his useless 'board' of shit we're still a basket case teetering on the edge of the abyss!!! Being patronised by massive Brighton! A team we SHOULD now be walloping in the league!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on Freathy
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 pm

lets be honest its mainly nylon wearing pasoti nerds, and their brighton counterparts Sleep
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
lets be honest its mainly nylon wearing pasoti nerds, and their brighton counterparts Sleep

No doubt when it happens Greengenes will cry tears of joyous gratitude, proclaiming that this glorious union of kindred spirits, hearts and minds has given him the greatest day of his life.....

But yeah, it's all a bit cringey.
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Remember stopping off at the garage at South Brent last home game last season to find a couple of Brighton fans that were almost begging us to thank them for coming down, it was as if they had saved the club!? Bunch of anchors, sorry stick to your bent gaff.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 pm

The Brighton chairman has issued a warning re conforming to the FA rules re budgets and spending they are currently losing £8 million a year which they hope to bring down to £5 million by the 2015 - 2016 season!
Big price to pay for being high up in the championship, sounds kinda familliar does'nt it?
Will probably end in tears again. bom
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Jaytex2012 wrote:
Remember stopping off at the garage at South Brent last home game last season to find a couple of Brighton fans that were almost begging us to thank them for coming down, it was as if they had saved the club!? Bunch of anchors, sorry stick to your bent gaff.

have to drive in and reverse out just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm

If they want to come down and watch a game of football whilst giving the club some money then great, just leave the fanfare back home. We have enough superfans of our own shouting 'look at us', they don't need encouraging and we don't need more.
Back to top Go down
Budoboy

Budoboy

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

This love in with Brighton fans is just another thing on a long long list that annoys the f#ck out of me about Argyle. Condescending and unnecessary.
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 pm

I cant believe its even being considered, another middle finger up at the clubs fans from the corrupt few.
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:19 pm

I find it all a little embarrassing and humiliating.
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 pm

I remember we beat them 5-1 maybe 7 yrs back. Look how far we've come.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
I remember we beat them 5-1 maybe 7 yrs back. Look how far we've come.

If I remember rightly it was a result which put Brighton right in a relegation battle and was the start of 3 home wins in a week for us (Crewe & Sheff Utd?).

You could just imagine FN in a similar situation today, Webby at the front cheering on Brighton because we love 'em so much.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:39 pm

I have too agree, this love in with Brighton is just dreadful.

Why do i want to see fat blokes in brighton replica tops walking round getting congratulated? its just tragic and to add insult to injury they're treated like royalty
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 am

Fair play to them, IMO they can do what they want but I won't be walking around back slapping any of them. To me it feels a little like patting the slightly retarded kid on the head when he manages to put basic shapes back into their slots.
Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Each to their own of course but I think the Brighton fans who have made an effort to support Argyle at the darkest of times deserve great credit. To me it shows great humanity and football fan behaviour at its best.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 pm

A Brighton mural wont last long in the away end should Palace ever be the visitors!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:23 pm

I think it is quaint when you Janners feel the need to kiss the butt of everybody you think is better than you, shake the hands of the Gay Boys, watch El Porko lick the clingons from the crack of any manipulative tw@ in a suit who walks down off the moors or sachets in to steal your land, better still look out that copy of "We are the Champions" you played so pussyingly for the Coders, you will be able to deja vu when we come down in march.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:25 pm

You're a cheerful old lot aren't you.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm

pilgrim_pete wrote:
You're a cheerful old lot aren't you.

To be fair, most of the comments on this thread are fair (some are a tad harsh admittedly). The fact we are still relying / welcoming support from the other 'Fans United partner' speaks volumes about the lack of progress made under Brent since the takeover
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:22 pm

We certainly are not relying on the support of 10-15 matchday tickets purchased by Brighton fans.

WRT welcoming support, what are we supposed to do? Tell them to eff off? If they want to come that's their prerogative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brighton Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brighton Fans   Brighton Fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Brighton Fans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next