Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread

Go down 
+13
Mock Cuncher
hippo
All the Presidents Men
Chemical Ali
hairy j
GreenSam
Mapperley, darling
Dane
Elias
Dick Trickle
SwimWithTheTide
Dougie
Greenskin
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread Empty
PostSubject: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 am

Can't see Argyle winning this one against a side in such bad form.Lewis possibly back on the bench,which is good but belated news.This could be the start of the end of season pointless matches run down,if Argyle don't win tonight i may even play golf on Saturday instead of going to HP.O'im naaaatttttt a praaaaaaaaper fan!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 am

Part of a two match Easter holidays mini tour for me. Heading to Newport tonight then down to Devon for Oxford game. Aviva! Aviva!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:43 am

Isn't this posted in the wrong forum?  scratch 

I don think it's futile, if we win we've got a terrific chance. If we lose or draw it'll likely be beyond us, but the last 5 are very winnable and building our best run of the season at that point would probably do it.

Brano in with the fans tomorrow apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 am

Anyone else POTDing tonight?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 10:56 am

ejh wrote:
Anyone else POTDing tonight?

If I can't figure out where the hell I left my ticket then I may have to!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 am

spowell92 wrote:

I don think it's futile, if we win we've got a terrific chance. If we lose or draw it'll likely be beyond us, but the last 5 are very winnable and building our best run of the season at that point would probably do it.

Sorry SP.

If we can't win tonight how do you think we're suddenly going to win 5 in a row?

If we win tonight and on Saturday then it gets interesting.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 am

I think tonight is a bit unpredictable Trickle, mainly due to the pitch. We've got it in us to win each of these last 6 games I reckon, but then I've also seen enough of us to believe that we've got a good chance of losing them all too. Did you think after the those Hartlepool and Exeter losses in October that this team could go on that unbeaten run through November?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Sorry SP.

If we can't win tonight how do you think we're suddenly going to win 5 in a row?

Tonight is must win IMO

Newport are a true run of the mill side, anything less than 3 well earned points will not bring about the confidence needed for the minimum of 4 wins that are needed from the last 6.

You are right it will get interesting though. Even starting a point brhind, I'd take our run in over Southend and Oxford's. We need to win tonight to put them in our crosshairs though.

LET'S HAVE IT!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:53 am

How many tickets have we sold? How many available to potd?

Dont wanna turn up with me mates to a closed sell out.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Wont be sold out.
Spowell the team aint good enough deep down you know it dont let the avviva in you decieve you.
Looking forward to a new ground mind.
Brent out.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Sorry SP.

Clueless and doomed
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Blown it already
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:46 pm

ejh wrote:
How many tickets have we sold? How many available to potd?

Dont wanna turn up with me mates to a closed sell out.

Doubt it'll be sold out. Taking figures from football ground guide, the away ends can fit a total of 980 (400 in South stand, 580 in Bisley).
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm

i see darcy blake is in the team for newport tonight, odds on him scoring
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 3:03 pm

If we win tonight, it's still on. If we don't, it isn't. Simple as that for me.

Nothing to do with the Aviva in me. It's just that I know how quickly form can change, it's that Southend and Oxford are just as dodgy (arguably more so) than we are in that regard and that we've got by far the easiest run in.

If we win tonight (again that's the big if) then you'll not convince me that it's anything close to impossible to get two points better than them over our remaining five games. If it's 4 points or 5 points however then that would be too much of a gap to bridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 4:23 pm

GreenSam wrote:
If we win tonight, it's still on. If we don't, it isn't. Simple as that for me.

Nothing to do with the Aviva in me. It's just that I know how quickly form can change, it's that Southend and Oxford are just as dodgy (arguably more so) than we are in that regard and that we've got by far the easiest run in.

If we win tonight (again that's the big if) then you'll not convince me that it's anything close to impossible to get two points better than them over our remaining five games. If it's 4 points or 5 points however then that would be too much of a gap to bridge.

Some posters on here are real wrist splitters.

You don't have to justify your own belief in the playoff dream when we will be within 2 points with five games to go...provided we WIN. That part is an important proviso.

When we were marching in December and January, posters on here said it was possible but practically impossible to make the playoffs in such a short space of time. We appear to have got there with ten games to go and even had enough time to b*ll*cks it up.

As I keep repeating, Oxford and Southend have far harder run ins than us. If we win tonight it will almost certainly be back on. If we beat Oxford thereafter, we will be 2 points ahead of them with four games to go. York will have Oxford and Scunthorpe still to play. Southend will have Rochdale, Fleetwood and Burton. Oxford have Argyle, York and Scunthorpe.

Meanwhile Argyle have a string of bottom half teams with nothing really to play for, and a struggling playoff contender that appears to be trying to stay in the race despite a broken leg.

We need to BELIEVE and start bloody taking care of business tonight!
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm a big gay bear aviva with a wobbly green hat and I think we'll lose. No Allesandra, no threat. The pitch is horrendous up there - I think any league team with a pitch that bad should be docked points. It's not right for professinals to play on something worse than a park pitch.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Question to those saying must win tonight or no play offs, are you saying you believe the max points we'll realistically pick up to catch Southend/Oxford/York are 3 in the last 5 games?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 5:38 pm

If you want to dream thats fine, im just trying to save you the effort.

Ross on wye and monmouth looked resplenant in the sunshine. Newport in half an hour

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 pm

spowell92 wrote:
We've got it in us to win each of these last 6 games I reckon, but then I've also seen enough of us to believe that we've got a good chance of losing them all too.

Good grief Polly, shorely that's not the best you can do ? Is that an insight into Aviva thinking ?
Just read the above bit through and have a good word with yourself.
At least there is the pitch excuse to run in parallel with the normal referee thing should things go South in the 41st of 46 50/50 races. And at a pinch, there's always Sheridan's tactics to blame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Cole; Blanchard, Trotman, Nelson; Gurrieri, Harvey, Wotton, Hourihane, Thomas; Reid, Morgan.

Subs: Berry, Boco, Blizzard, Banton, Purrington, Showunmi, Dawson

Harvey starts!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Gurrieri and Thomas as wing backs, Harvey behind the front two, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:46 pm

So, in a geographical area where there is not a mass of Argyle fans we take 1,000 fans midweek to a cack hole like Newport. Imagine if we were on the verge of actual promotion?

I believe Tring said that Burnley took 1,600 to Watford on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:48 pm

According to Errington 860 Argyle tickets sold, with more POTD.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Decent turnout. Bit of a shambles crowd control wise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread   The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tommy played for them v Argyle last chance saloon but almost certainly futile match thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next