Greenskin
Dougie
Dick Trickle
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:02 am

Super Duper excited for tonight. Have a half day so mobbing up at Marylebone Station at 1pm for an afternoon ale session in High Wycombe followed by the delights of a Wycombe Travelodge on a Tuesday evening.

This is the battle of clubs who are in many senses diametrically opposite.

Point one Wycombe play in blue and Argyle in green and everyone knows that blue and green should never be seen.

Point two the guide to Adams Park describes the ground as "On one side of the ground is the impressive looking Frank Adams Stand. It is a large two tiered stand, complete with a row of executive boxes and it dwarfs the rest of the stadium."

and the guide guide to Home Park in 2017 will describe it as.......

Get ready for some Trickle updates as the day progresses.

In true social media style please post any suggestions on where to go in High Wycombe, particularly if it involves a selection of real ales and ciders......p.s. we already know about the White Horse  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 am

Bombing across to High Wycombe straight from work. Hope to make it in time for kick off. Had the most unaturally thorough search trying to get in last year. The guy was truly taking the pee. It's one of those games when I truly wonder what has happened to us. I know we are were we deserve to be in the football heirachy but Wycombe Wanderers, we have to play chuffing Wycombe Wanderers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 am

I went to college in High Wycombe, there is a large bronze plaque in the main street to commemorate the fact. I'm afraid that HW is a bit of a shithole I used to bomb up to Oxford for decent beer and food but it was a long time ago and ale wasn't as popular in the last century. Have a good one I will be at the top end of the country for two days, not a prapper fan innit.
COYG!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:35 am

Another interesting fact is that for all the two years that I studied there I never managed to watch the choirboys v Argo as I was always in the wrong town at the time. Wycombe are called the choirboys because all the chair parts for Windsor chairs were made in the woods then brought to the furniture factories there. Ercol and another of the big ones are situated there.
Feckin spellcheck, chair not choir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:36 am

Have a good one Trickster.ps. I may shoot a scotsman with my bow later.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Super Duper excited for tonight. Have a half day so mobbing up at Marylebone Station at 1pm for an afternoon ale session in High Wycombe followed by the delights of a Wycombe Travelodge on a Tuesday evening.

This is the battle of clubs who are in many senses diametrically opposite.

Point one Wycombe play in blue and Argyle in green and everyone knows that blue and green should never be seen.

Point two the guide to Adams Park describes the ground as "On one side of the ground is the impressive looking Frank Adams Stand. It is a large two tiered stand, complete with a row of executive boxes and it dwarfs the rest of the stadium."

and the guide guide to Home Park in 2017 will describe it as.......

Get ready for some Trickle updates as the day progresses.

In true social media style please post any suggestions on where to go in High Wycombe, particularly if it involves a selection of real ales and ciders......p.s. we already know about the White Horse  Wink 

Hope you have better luck with the trains than i did on my last visit to Wycombe.Bleedin' lorry smacked into a bridge halfway between Marly and HW,delayed the thing so much that i didn't get there until half time.Argyle lost as well,Friio scored a cracker from 30 yards though.Shocking car park to get out of afterwards,didn't even give priority to buses.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:24 am

Dougie wrote:
Bombing across to High Wycombe straight from work.  Hope to make it in time for kick off.  Had the most unaturally thorough search trying to get in last year.  The guy was truly taking the pee.  It's one of those games when I truly wonder what has happened to us.  I know we are were we deserve to be in the football heirachy but Wycombe Wanderers, we have to play chuffing Wycombe Wanderers.

Getting my tickets for the away end at lunchtime today.
Was going to go on my own but got my minder coming with me now!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 am

And if you're bored with an afternoon match you can always watch the loads of red kites flying above the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:31 am

It's an ATD cabal....proper Janners Smile
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:48 am

Never been to Wycombe so looking forward to this. Wasn't going to do this trip, but I passed signs for Wycombe on my way to the Wimbledon match and that drive was a pretty quick and easy one so figured I may as well; and I set off from Stourbridge that day rather than Worcester.
Back to top Go down
OnlyOdi

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Was it 95 we last won at Adams Park?

Lets hope for a better outcome today. Keep the dream alive.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 pm

We just need to grind out a one nil. Wycombe's home form is not that good.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 pm

The signs are good....ATD/Plympton Grammar School meet up at The Victoria & Albert, decent London Pride and only 23 minutes to Wycombe on the fast one.

That would be 4 cans for Bandy, but I reckon a nice Cornish Ale from M&S should suffice.

Have been recommended the Belle Vue pub in HW. CAMRA's HW Premier Venue.... jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Home game for me. Thank f*ck I'm not at home !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would enjoy the beer though drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Time to show Paris Cowan Hall what a proper football side looks like.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Never been to Wycombe so looking forward to this. Wasn't going to do this trip, but I passed signs for Wycombe on my way to the Wimbledon match and that drive was a pretty quick and easy one so figured I may as well; and I set off from Stourbridge that day rather than Worcester.

Easy to get to.

Have you got your ticket yet?

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:15 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Easy to get to.

Have you got your ticket yet?

Ordered it yesterday online to avoid the price boost and am picking it up from Wycombe box office when I get there.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Consuming a cloudy Weston's in the Belle Vue. 3 hours from kick off and all is well in the world. Already bumped into a few fellow Aviva's. Enjoy the ride Smile
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Not going now!

Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Wycombe have seven regular first team players out - including Cowan-Hall. They're unbeaten in six. A tight game in store. With Southend away at Scunny though, we've got a decent chance of climbing into the play offs.

I fear for Torquay tonight. Exeter too.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:58 pm

If anyone's in the hourglass I'm playing pool. Free pint for the first person who says to "let my dick trickle" whilst holding out your hand. Smile
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Cole;
Parsons, Blanchard, Trotman, Nelson; Berry,
Young, Blizzard, Hourihane
Alessandra, Reid

Subs: Boco, Morgan, Wotton, Thomas, Gurrieri, Obadeyi, Dawson

Wotton out, Blizzard in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
HD

HD

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Sarfend losing 1-0
Back to top Go down
plymptonpilgreen

plymptonpilgreen

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:57 pm

HD wrote:
Sarfend losing 1-0
Southend/Scunny  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:04 pm

C'mon Scunny.

C'mon Argyle.

C'mon Shezza.

C'mon JB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread   The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Back to Winning Ways" Wycombe Match Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next