GreenSam
Hitch
Mrrapson
barnsleyhool
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 am

and of course why do all of this for a measly £100k? unless of course one doesn't have a cash laden pot to piss in.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 am

I could be hopelessly wide of the mark but I would imagine the deal is something along the lines of - Wrathall loans to the club some much needed working capital to enable it to meet its short/medium term financial obligations - in return for which Brent sells him 5% of a currently assetless and intrinsically worthless club for £1.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 am

Wonder if this is the thin end of the wedge as far as the return of another ex director is concerned? And is it connected with the recent problems encountered by Nikk/FES/FIL?
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 am

Greenskin wrote:
Wonder if this is the thin end of the wedge as far as the return of another ex director is concerned? And is it connected with the recent problems encountered by Nikk/FES/FIL?

If Stapleton returned all hell would break loose. I'm confident he can't and/or won't.
Back to top Go down
Durnovaria

Durnovaria

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 am

Been smelling a rat ever since the Stapleton post was started out of the blue on the other site.

SO looking forward to how the sycophants are going to rationalise this.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:41 am

If you look at how quiet the superfans as you call them have been my guess is they aren't happy either.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 am

Well it does go to show that you can drive a man to Morecambe and back but if you haven't got hard cash you're not invited to the front of the Directors Box.

If being a chauffeur allows you to see James's lip quivering what does he do for £100k?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 am

Mrrapson wrote:
If you look at how quiet the superfans as you call them have been my guess is they aren't happy either.

I think it's a case of not saying anything because,

A) they can't be seen to speak out against it because it would be calling in to question a decision made by their Lordship, and

B) They'd make themselves appear even more sycophantic, if that's even possible.

Just to add, this is a great example of why Pasoti is now a complete joke of a Forum. The owner of the Forum is in the pocket of the owner of the club, and the Site Manager is in the pocket of the Forum owner.

You gotta hand it to Brent there. He's played a blinder foreshore.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 am

Yes, but who was it that started the Wrathall rehabilitation process all that time ago and as Durno says Stape's name has now been put back in the public domain. When Brent has achieved his maximum leverage out of this project the club can be returned to the true fans, Jones, Wrathall and Stapes. Suspect 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 am

Mrrapson wrote:

Or that they knew about it and dont want to upset the applecart?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:02 am

ABSOLUTE JOKE!!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:06 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Yes, but who was it that started the Wrathall rehabilitation process all that time ago and as Durno says Stape's name has now been put back in the public domain. When Brent has achieved his maximum leverage out of this project the club can be returned to the true fans, Jones, Wrathall and Stapes. Suspect 

Bleddy conspiracy theorist !

And the Windsor Boys maintain their positions at the club because a] they know too much and b] they continue to control the Avivas and do more than their fair share of bucket rattling ?

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:12 am

Whatever the make up of The Board I would guarantee that it would not include Jones AND Stapleton whose relationship is on a par with mine and the owner of the other site.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 am

I take it you didn't get an invitation before Tony Wrathall then, Damon?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:17 am

owner needs funds that dont come from his pocket to pay inland revenue, or else the cash cow is slaughtered. thats my take on it, with only 100k exchanging hands.

home park will not be on my visiting rosta for even longer now. fuckemall
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:24 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I take it you didn't get an invitation before Tony Wrathall then, Damon?  Laughing 

Was told to keep it a secret.
Back to top Go down
OnlyOdi

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:27 am

Ooh, This place is about to get interesting.  popcorn3 

I wonder how many fabrications can be "obvious" or "fact" by KO on Saturday between the clueless old men on the two sites.
My bet is 20. Let's see how we fair.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 am

FFS get behind the team and be grateful!

Stapes is on his way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:33 am

Please tell me someone is taking the piss here?

One of the seven who were all responsible for the near extinction of our club is allowed back in the board room?!  

Just when I thought Brent couldn't sink any lower this takes the biscuit.

So he wasn't one of the main protagonists he was still one of seven director's who oversaw the worst times in the history of Argyle.

So what was the Pasoti poll about Stapleton returning all about then? Is he next?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:49 am

OnlyOdi wrote:
Ooh, This place is about to get interesting.  popcorn3 

I wonder how many fabrications can be "obvious" or "fact" by KO on Saturday between the clueless old men on the two sites.
My bet is 20. Let's see how we fair.

lol!  It is becoming too easy dear boy. Even previously trusting souls, can now see through the games being played at the Theatre of Schemes.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 am

Assuming Wrathall's 5% costs £100k (because AFT was offered 20% @ £400k) Brent's finances must be more stretched than even we thought if he thinks the stench of shame and disgrace attached to Wrathall has been forgotten and justifies getting a measly £100k.

Do we really need £100k that bad? Very, very worrying if we do. Further evidence, if any was ever needed, for the need to constantly scrutinize the club's finances and to trust nobody ever.

Obviously Chris Webb will be resigning as club President moments after Wrathall's return is confirmed.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 am

What makes Wrathall more acceptable to forgive than the other 6 that caused the administration era and the £20m maybe more in debt? I dont accept he didnt play.

Back to top Go down
Gareth Nicholson

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:59 am

Mrrapson wrote:

Bollocks.

The Stapleton thing was a Trojan horse that implies "well, people don't seem that bothered about Stapes and what he did was far worse than Wrathall so it's OK for TW to come back".

Just the same as the Webb/Purse thing was leaked to minimise damage.

And just the same as Deep Throat and Windsor Boy was used to destabilise the Trust.

The same people have proved time and time again that they have few scruples or morals about this sort of thing, and yet you constantly defend them. It's admirable loyalty but it must be constantly disappointing to defend them only for them to do something else stupid and against the interests of normal fans.

Anyway, 1000 and no statement from the club yet. Thinking up *amusing* nicknames for the teamsheet is a lot easier than a tricky statement, isn't it Rick?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 am

Just tuned in for the day, and, well, I'm not sure what to say or think!!

My initial, and as ever suspicious streak in me, can't help thinking, as mentioned before, that Mr Brent's wine guzzling cash cow, Nikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, is now skink. So, after a nice corporate lunch around De-Lar's bedsit (Personally driven there by Newell, whilst taking pics with his mobile) it's decided to, firstly open a Stapleton poll a few weesk ago, just to lubricate and manoeuvre feelings about a possible return for any of the previous incumbents who fuccked PAFC over, and today, Voila!! a TW announcment.  laugh and a small but tidy100k to keep PAFC afloat for a little longer while JB dreams up more BS to deal with the 5 million and rising debt.

Sooooooooooo looking forward to how De-Lair and General Von Noolifan are going to roll this turd in glitter. laugh 

Oh, personally - I'm feckin disgusted. None of that shower should be let within 50 miles of HP, imho. I have a ticket for Saturday already. As soon as I read the TW press release, I tore it up. feck em.

Anyway - look how far we've come.

Oh, and Rapson - Do I detect a slight tinge of dissent against your fellow uber fans?  lol Feck me - that's you banned boy.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:02 am

I'm sure he'll sit down with the fan groups and explain exactly why he's back and the previous situation he was in.

*coughs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next