Hitch
Mrrapson
barnsleyhool
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:59 am

Just to re-iterate that TW was in the inner circle of Todds revolution.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:59 am

Webb won't resign. He's got what he wanted from his little speech, and that's lots of fans begging him not to - and besides, if he was that upset he'd have stood down immediately.

Strange, though, how an avowed man of principle wasn't 'shattered' and threatening to resign over, for instance, the staff redundancies, or the expansion of his mate's not insubstantial pension pot at the expense of the club. Not to mention when he was caught out doing the dirty on fellow fans.

Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Have you mentioned that on Pasoti Damon? I know it wouldn't last long but still....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Peggy wrote:
Webb won't resign. He's got what he wanted from his little speech, and that's lots of fans begging him not to - and besides, if he was that upset he'd have stood down immediately.

Strange, though, how an avowed man of principle wasn't 'shattered' and threatening to resign over, for instance, the staff redundancies, or the expansion of his mate's not insubstantial pension pot at the expense of the club. Not to mention when he was caught out doing the dirty on fellow fans.

Precisely - the way he tried to insulate Brent and protect him from the blame pretty much shows what Webb is all about.

He wants the slaps on the back, he wants his mate James to stay out of the fire.

The other directors can take all the flak for no apparent reason.

As to Wrathall and what actually happens to the club going forward, that's slightly down the list of Webb's concerns.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Since i dont have a mortgage, would anyone like to buy a 5% stake in my house, i'll even let you vote! Mind you since i have 95% of the vote dont expect me to change the decor or the planned developement in my garden, now what shall i do with your money? I know, add it to my pension fund :-)
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:34 pm

Sadly, I don't think Tony's money is going into the pension pot, but being used to pay the bills as JB's loan quickly approaches the limit of monies he was prepared to lend the club.

At the Senior Greens meeting Martyn Starnes stated that TW's 'interest' was the Academy. Some people have taken it that this is the destination of the cash, though I took it to be his responsibility as a board member.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors   Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Wrathall set to return to Plymouth Argyle's board of directors
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9