Lord Tisdale
Tgwu
Mock Cuncher
Mrrapson
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:20 pm

I see the new forum has been a roaring success
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Like most things connected with Plymouth, overwhelmed with apathy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:31 pm

How long was it before ATD became the massive success that it is today?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 pm

2 daze.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

It's not apathy Pete. It's just a bad idea. Just like bad football. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Why would anyone want to contribute on a regular basis to such a forum ? Where is the interest ? People would rather contribute here, even though it's full of arguments.cat 

I still live in the city ... just. Give me a good product and I'll take part. If you don't, I go elsewhere. For instance, last night, as I often do, I traveled outside of the city for entertainment. I went to Totnes for a pub musical evening. Great stuff, far superior to anything on offer in Plymouth. That sort of thing just isn't available in Plymouth very often, if ever. Look at little Calstock and the people involved down there. 

It's been like that for decades. It's a culture thing, a society thing, it's well understood out and about. Let's put it this way, as politely as I can. Plymouth is not well regarded round and about outside of battleship grey paint. The internet is no different to the city itself. It reflects it, it reflects it's people.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Why can't a guest read the history board?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Exactly Mouldy. Another thing that didn't make sense. Strange minds make strange rules.
Any reason Rapper ? You are still contributing here ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Its about the only thing I was interested in. I though I would have a look and if I liked what I see I would join. I don't think I will bother now.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:27 am

I tried to register with C Dog as my user name so no one would twig, wouldn't let me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 am

Winter Green wrote:
It's not apathy Pete. It's just a bad idea. Just like bad football. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Why would anyone want to contribute on a regular basis to such a forum ? Where is the interest ? People would rather contribute here, even though it's full of arguments.cat 

I still live in the city ... just. Give me a good product and I'll take part. If you don't, I go elsewhere. For instance, last night, as I often do, I traveled outside of the city for entertainment. I went to Totnes for a pub musical evening. Great stuff, far superior to anything on offer in Plymouth. That sort of thing just isn't available in Plymouth very often, if ever. Look at little Calstock and the people involved down there. 

It's been like that for decades. It's a culture thing, a society thing, it's well understood out and about. Let's put it this way, as politely as I can. Plymouth is not well regarded round and about outside of battleship grey paint. The internet is no different to the city itself. It reflects it, it reflects it's people.

Have you never heard of Andy Howard?  Rock 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 am

Seriously tho, WG has a point about Plymouth and its music. Calstock has managed to consistently put on watchable music, Plymouth may have better names but even going back to the days of the old hall about thirty years ago we would choose to go the old hall to see small bands because Calstock has always had the atmosphere. Plymouth like Tavistock just doesn't get it. The wharf in Tavvy is a case in point, cracking venue run by middle aged suits for them and their mates who all like to listen to the best Van Halen tribute band at that time, I mean really? I've been to some packed gigs there with the likes of Walter Trout playing and when I say to the owner what a good night it was and how I would turn up for more of the same I get told their is no demand for it. Total wankers. Calstock has it good because they have several small venues so that the suits with their need to control can be kept out, you will need to be on your guard though Knecht, I know many people that take off their suits, put on their most hippy like cardi and get down the Tamar, they are scum and should be banned from places like Calstock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:18 am

The Chapel & the Village Hall are run by the people for the people & owned by the people. There's a moral there.

Though, Iggy, are you aware that the Tamar has been sold? Sam is still running it as manager. I've not yet asked who owns it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 am

knecht wrote:
The Chapel & the Village Hall are run by the people for the people & owned by the people. There's a moral there.

Though, Iggy, are you aware that the Tamar has been sold? Sam is still running it as manager. I've not yet asked who owns it now.

James Brent  affraid  although apparently there is a competetive budget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:19 pm

No I missed that Knecht, still it's the people that make a pub.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Exactly Mouldy. Another thing that didn't make sense. Strange minds make strange rules.

Nope, that's just me being a muppet when setting it up, will amend the settings for it.

As for it not being a roaring success, things take time, it's only been publicised here, there and on my FB. I don't know if it will take off, if it does bonus, if not nothing lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Mrrapson wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

Nope, that's just me being a muppet when setting it up, will amend the settings for it.

As for it not being a roaring success, things take time, it's only been publicised here, there and on my FB. I don't know if it will take off, if it does bonus, if not nothing lost.

And have you seen that the wonderful mods we now have on here have given you your own link at the bottom of this page?

ATD .... the site that cares.
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:19 pm

I didn't but I do now! Thanks. As soon as I work out how to do a set of useful links I'll do one back as well.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Rappo...its a pity but judging by the number of recent posts your site is rapidly going down the plughole,pity the residents of Somerset couldn't say the same....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Rappo...its a pity but judging by the number of recent posts your site is rapidly going down the plughole,pity the residents of Somerset couldn't say the same....

I have you on 'ignore' but I was tempted to see what you might have to offer on this subject....... back to the 'ignore'.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Ian then whilst I have your attention are you happy that the navy hit the council with a £17000 bill to shift your cars...very caring are they not...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:57 pm

popcorn 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:15 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
popcorn 

popcorn3 

If only I knew what his sparkling riposte was.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Do you want me to quote him?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 pm

And as for that goat person - I've had him on ignore for months.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Shocked Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Forum for Plymouth   New Forum for Plymouth - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Forum for Plymouth
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next