+3
Tgwu
Mock Cuncher
Lord Tisdale
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 pm

You know what? Since Noolgate, deep throat, De-Larerama, the mag 7, guffyfoyle, ministands, ad nauseaum, I've been trying to branch out my interests, because frankly, PAFC and all the incessant shite that's gone on over the last 24 months has pretty much finished me off with this club.

Do I care? Of course I still care. I'd be lying if I said other wise. As I have said in other threads - I'll go to watch Argo now and then but my matches are very selective.

Lately I have been going to watch Albion and also the Raiders, and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. It has almost reinstated my love for sports. The atmosphere, prices, quality of sportsmanship and enthusiasm is altogether an enjoyable and refreshing experience.

So, what I'm alluding to I guess, is that as Mock says - beers in the fridge and it should be a cracking W/E OF 6 Nations.

I may even log-in to see how many Argo lost by, who got sent off, who threw beer over who in the lizard lounge, how many cups of Bovril De-Liar and Piggy supped whilst holding hands woth Brent in the Directors box, who parked in who's elite uber fans only parking space, bla bla bla.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh shad appa your face.  chickendance 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:53 pm

That was a shit game to watch.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 3:05 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
That was a shit game to watch.

It wasn't as good as that.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Big weekend.

Can't call England - Wales.

Would like the Italians and Scotland to disrupt the French and Irish.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 pm

Italy don't have enough to trouble Ireland in Dub, Brown's return as skip along with the inclusion of Denton and Gray may just be enough to do the misfiring French, as for us, Cuthbert, May is a mismatch imho, plus with Goode still stinking the place out and v likely to get a run with the physicality of the Welsh backs we may be fooked before a ball is kicked.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Can I just say, feckin Hartley is a cnut as is Lancaster for picking him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Good win though eh? Is all we need to do is put 50 past Italy next week and we've done it, personally I think weel do them by 25 or 30 but we have had a decent tournament so far. Those five minutes in France are really coming back to haunt us. I've got welsh mates so well pleased about today and I can't believe we haven't had the triple crown for 11 FOOKIN years!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Two things I struggle with are the feckin Welsh being kept in the game by the giving away of uber stupid penalties when they were in fact utter poo and that smug cnut Woodward glibly suggesting we should look to put 50 points on Italy in Italy. The game is to win and hope the French do us a favour.

Lancaster has made us fantastically hard to beat unless that cnut Goode is on the field of play but May and Nowell are not close yet, Yarde, Watson, Tuilagi and Foden would step us up a morsel closer to the Black.

I love to beat the Taffs but this bunch have gone off the boil big time, Lions lag maybe? I wouldn't normally expect 36 and Luther to outplay Roberts and Davies quite so comprehensively, dominant pack syndrome I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Can I just bump to boo the ten feckin points we lost by. Better result than most of us expected at the start but those few minutes in France and not putting the scots to the sword have come back to haunt us, all in all a successful tournament that leaves just a bit of a sticky taste in the back of your throat. We beat Ireland, we are better than Ireland, the coaches need to look at why they lifted the trophy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Best team ? Who cares ?
It's about time we remembered that home nation championships in anything are there to cement the Union, not to necessarily find out the best bunch of talent less lummoxes one can drag out of their semis.  When things get really hairy, like the England/Scotland football matches, "they" call a halt to them pretty sharpish.

Come on Iggy, it does these North western island fringes of Europe good to have Ireland coming out on top now and again. Winding up the English and nicking their underpants is good for the provinces. Gives them self esteem as they continue to pay poorly paid homage from their fields, lathes, desks and ipads.
God bless the Union lol! sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Iggy wrote:
Can I just bump to boo the ten feckin points we lost by. Better result than most of us expected at the start but those few minutes in France and not putting the scots to the sword have come back to haunt us, all in all a successful tournament that leaves just a bit of a sticky taste in the back of your throat. We beat Ireland, we are better than Ireland, the coaches need to look at why they lifted the trophy.

I see the sentiment but the logic escapes me.

Yes we turfed it up agin the Kermits but Lancaster put Goode onto the field so we deserved what we got but we were not that much better than the Bog Dwellers and we were at home, add to that the fact that said Kermies were dog lucky to beat the inept Sweaties yet should still have done us a favour agin them damn Oirish. Bottom line was that nobody made it their own and where the points came from was not the real issue, the Oirish battered the Welsh by 23 while we couldn't turn superiority against them into points, in the end the team what done the best wins it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:12 am

Bollocks to the pair of you. Winters, you are falling into the trap of over any analysing every aspect of modern life to see how it connects to the powers that be. You are no doubt intelligent yet you have allowed the man to get inside your head and steal your enjoyment, I will never allow that to happen to me. I have played rugby a fair bit, I've played for some pretty terrible coaches but when on the pitch I got stuck in, gave it my all and had MY day. It's the same with the six nations, I love it, feck the prem. it's a load of bollocks but the six nations is proper rugby, no agenda on any bodies mind when they are playing or coaching.
As for Tis, I have to agree in principle that the oirish were the better team as they lifted the trophy, you have to concede though that we would have kicked the frogs arses if we played them on the last game of the season and we could have played the oirish three times and beaten them more convincingly each time. As for your pointing out of bad players, it is rare to find a team with one hundred percent top international players, the good players carry the bad and indifferent. Your singling out of Youngs was a great example of this. Yes he can be a bit of a cluts! But give him the ball on the five metre line and he will bang a try down like he did in the last game, we've got fourteen other players to handle the ball up to that point they are good enough to carry the odd player like Youngs and maybe even Hartley. (no feck it your right about Hartley.)
Anyway the sun is shining so cheer the feck up feckin surrender monkeys, well do a good job in the WC, wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:30 am

We're the only northern hemisphere nation that ever does.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:43 am

France have had their moments.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:03 pm

pepsipete wrote:
France have had their moments.

Indeed. Three final appearances like England but without ever becoming champions. The Celts haven't managed a final appearance between them.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Iggy wrote:
Your singling out of Youngs was a great example of this.

Eh?

Not hugely anti Tom, it's Ben who fecks the whole team pattern up when he is on the field, actually Tom ain't all that, too small in the scrum and can't throw, he also seems to have bulked a tad too much and lost a bit of pace, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of good English 'hookers' about atm, the boy Cowan.Dickie is the best prospect, another Exeter lad.

Lancaster worries me, he Shirley can't be considering taking Goode to NZ or trying to play May and Nowell agin the Blekkk?

The end of the 6 Nations leaves a hole, to me it is more important than the WC, on the other hand the triple crown also means as much as winning the title, an old man's foibles.

Was chucking a ball about last week with some lads from the ULU team, still gets the blood pumping but the reality is even the girls (backs) would cut an old cnut like me in half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Iggy wrote:
Bollocks to the pair of you. Winters, you are falling into the trap of over any analysing every aspect of modern life to see how it connects to the powers that be. You are no doubt intelligent yet you have allowed the man to get inside your head and steal your enjoyment, I will never allow that to happen to me.

Over analysing ? Moi lol! Just an excuse to give a bit of context and opinion as and when I feel like it. Talking sport in isolation can be rather tedious at times.

Ok, I'll put it as clearly as I can. England weren't the best team, and they didn't win the league. Is that better ?

As for someone in my head Iggy, I'm not sure who you mean ?  is that related to rugby, Argyle, posting on here ?  and what enjoyment are you talking about ? .. I don't watch much international rugby these days so you're way off beam if you refer to that.
I do pop down to the Pirates the odd couple of times a season though. Fun days out, especially with the Falmouth Marine Band having a laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm in your head now!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

6 Nations kicks off Saturday
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3