Mock Cuncher
Lord Tisdale
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

6 Nations kicks off Saturday Empty
PostSubject: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:41 pm

With an Exeter lad making his debut for England, I love it me!

Best news so far is Ashton and Ben Youngs getting the boot, two of the most overrated players in the game imho, gonna be difficult to turn over the Welsh even with them having to come to Twickers while kicking off in Paris will be the usual lottery depending upon which French team turns up, sometimes they start a bit slow which may suit us.

Swing low.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:00 pm

yawn ill start another one in the sports section that isnt tainted by a cheifs fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:04 pm

RRRRROOOOAAARRRRR!!!!!!! I'll be watching all the games I can, we're an improving side now I think but then I am an optimistic bastard. Couple of mates are going to Paris for the game, jealous as fook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:41 pm

The stupid Hollywood style TV adverts have put me off already. I used to love watching a good game of international rugby before all the hype of the professional game and silly shirts that have more adverts on them than a football shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Love the six nations, i'll be watching!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Best news so far is Ashton and Ben Youngs getting the boot, two of the most overrated players in the game imho, gonna be difficult to turn over the Welsh even with them having to come to Twickers while kicking off in Paris will be the usual lottery depending upon which French team turns up, sometimes they start a bit slow which may suit us.

Swing low.
Ashton I'll go with. P'raps a victim of Flood not being there for the pop round the corner when he comes inside which gave him so much success at first, his weapons are basically that and hanging off Foden's shoulder. Still though, so many deficiencies in the tackle and as a winger he's not exactly electric in terms of beating a man either.

Youngs has some class though. Very hot and cold admittedly but he'll be pretty handy if he can sustain some form. (them fookin boxkicks mind...)

I don't see us winning in Paris. I don't think our front row is that great and I've heard some meh things about Burrell. It'll take a massive effort from the second and back rows for us to do it. I don't buy the idea of France being in disarray because of the number of foreigners in their league. They'll be up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
(them fookin boxkicks mind...)

If you can see that my man then Shirley you, like me, nip out to make a cuppa while you are waiting for him to pick up the fecking ball and pass it.

Funny ol' team and even funnier bench, Nowell is a prospect but I don't think he has scored this season, Burrell a serious lump with some gas, 36 will keep him in line, I would take Watson for May every time, Hartley worries me cos he has got no brain, we are not spoiled for choice at 2 though and Robshaw would not get in as a 7 in my fourth pick team. The bench leaves a lot to be desired as well, steady enough but feck all impact, Goode just ain't good enough, fine for the Prem but international level is a big step up, Barritt the same, good in defence but no real threat while Dave Ewers had Morgan for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 am

I know where you're coming from but I've also seen him provide uber quick ball when he's playing well and sharp. Weirdly the longer it takes for him to throw the thing the less likely it is to end up in hands as well. If he played for Quins or Bath I reckon he'd look pretty handy quite consistently.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 pm

We should be home for the England game BBC 17.30. looking forward to the game
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I know where you're coming from but I've also seen him provide uber quick ball when he's playing well and sharp. Weirdly the longer it takes for him to throw the thing the less likely it is to end up in hands as well. If he played for Quins or Bath I reckon he'd look pretty handy quite consistently.

Which is the really annoying part of watching professional sport, you watch players consistently play way below their ability level, it's gots to be summat to do with the coaches. Youngs, as you point out, was fecking electric when he came on the scene, now after years of coaching he passes so slow, there is that shiite box kick and that break which put the fear of dog into the oppo has far too often become the wrong option.

Trouble is Danny Care is an accident waiting to happen like Hartley, I would rather have gone with Dickson or the Wriggle, Sir Clive the Knob spouted the bleeding obvious for once in his life this week, pace on the ball is the shibboleth.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Swing low.

Only he isn't an Exeter lad, he's a Cornish lad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Cracking game, gutted we couldn't hang on for the win, too many mistakes at the end of the day but good game to watch, second half we were awesome until the five minutes at the end that really mattered. You were dead wrong about Care Tis I thought he had an excellent game.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:08 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Swing low.

Only he isn't an Exeter lad, he's a Cornish lad

He's Exeter now, mind you so is Joe Launcjbury for the purposes of in match discussion.

Shaky start for Jack but I thought he "done good" in a pretty dysfunctional back line, fecking Lancaster does my 'ead in picking that tw@ Goode, he is a total fecking liability, Farrell showed once again the benefits of having your dad on the selection team, Youngs demonstrated how not to throw in to a lineout once again, Dan Cole has never been the full ticket at this level and once more the lack of balance in the back row cost us against one of the weakest French teams of all time.

In the death Lancaster is to blame, with the caveat that the pool of available talent is not that great and injuries took a couple of vital players out of comtention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 9:23 am

You're right about Goode though he showed a couple of great pieces of play and looked totally out of his depth in others, summed up a fair bit of our team, consistency cost us dear. I can't see Wales or France getting turned over by anybody else in a shock result so it looks like our tournament could be just playing for glory and places now.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 pm

I think the fixture list is kind to England and we could still easily win the title as a result. Ireland and Wales will do well to win at Twickenham.

Shouldn't have lost the game from where we were, but a couple of poor set pieces (fookin Tom Youngs is better than decent in the loose yet such a liability when throwing and hooking that surely he just shouldn't be picked, period) and France are suddenly storming down our end to win it.

Goode is shite.

Quite a few players on the England side didn't deserve to lose but collectively there were too many errors to call it 'robbed'.

Farrell had his best game with ball in hand for England and Twelvetrees looked much better. Think it helped that Care had a good day. Only Morgan added anything from the bench though, I don't understand the obsession with removing the most prominent players on 60 minutes no matter how much they are running the match. Care, Hartley in particular - they have good games and bad games, yesterday they were both pretty good but it was in Lancaster's mind to sub them from the off and the inferior replacements just couldnt keep the momentum.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:40 pm

England players suffering with cramp, WTF is that all about?

Strangely not the boys that were taken off.

I rewatched the game in the breaks between play in that total bore fest the Superbowl, not quite so down now, take out the subjectivity, depression and the booze and our performance was better. Basically we battered our way to our points and gave them theirs to a greater extent, we lack a spark but due consideration should be given to the depth of injuries in the back division. Still need to see the back of Goode and make sure to keep two proper wings and a full back that can both tackle and catch on the field at all times.

It's starting to bug me that four of the most influential positions in the reigning Heineken Cup Champions are filled by Englishmen who simply aren't considered for the England team.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Scotland tomoza.

Should win. Should have beaten the French.

I reckon it'll be a shit, unwatchable match either way. Calcutta at Murrayfield always is.

Wales-Ireland could be ace, mind.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Decent shout. we have a terrible record in Sweaty Land and historically this game has produced like one try every 183 years.

The Sweats are not an altogether bad side, except of course since they dropped their best player and captain they will be cacker than was absolutely necessary, they were quite passable up to the 22, they just can't finish. We should have enough for a 10 point spread based on the France performance, we will struggle for a draw if that cnut Goode gets on to the pitch.

The Bog Snorklers v Taffs has a lot more to offer I feel and we can hope for the plastic Wops to step up in Paris like they did 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Excellent first half, Ireland giving the Welsh a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:17 pm

I do enjoy Phillips, Hibbard and Warburton getting taught such a lesson...
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Irish look ominous though!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:32 pm

I see that after beating London Welsh recently, Albion have just been done at the death by Scottish after a fine fight back.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:09 am

Both games too one sided, hoping for an Italian challenge today.

cant complain about England, professional performance which could have been even more comprehensive-is it me or has Farrell regressed in his kicking and improved everywhere else? Burrell, May and Nowell looked excellent as the new kids, but really its the pack doing the damage.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:39 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Both games too one sided, hoping for an Italian challenge today.

cant complain about England, professional performance which could have been even more comprehensive-is it me or has Farrell regressed in his kicking and improved everywhere else? Burrell, May and Nowell looked excellent as the new kids, but really its the pack doing the damage.

I think the pitch condition, real and then in the mind, was largely responsible for kicking errors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:16 am

Tbf to Farrell the pitch was so Claggy he had to kick with his body almost upright and all kickers like a lean to the side. Good to keep the jocks off the scoreboard.
As for the Irish we have to deal with their maul but I do think they are one trick ponies and we should be a bit savvy to them. People were only so shocked that the welsh got turned over because the commentary is sooo heavily biased in their favour (and anti England) I believe a lot of punters believe all that shite, JP Williiams has gone get over it FFS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Nations kicks off Saturday   6 Nations kicks off Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

6 Nations kicks off Saturday
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next