HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BT Sports

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:01 pm

Liverpool V Everton tonight @ 19:00.

Not a premiership fan, but BT sports is free with Virgin Media (certain bundles), so I'll take it. I suppose it's nice to see someone other than Sky Sports screen all the big games. Off to Whitleigh green to get a few beers in. Pepsi Pete, get the kettle on mate, I'll be over in 5 mins. clown 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Whitleigh Green? chroist!
Back to top Go down

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Bleddy good game - Suarez just put a corker away to make it 4-0.

Pass me another beer darling.  popcorn

Last edited by Person Of Interest on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Missed penalty by Sturridge!!!  knob 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Sturridge has that early Henry capacity to look brilliant one moment and then a clown the next.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Watched virtually all the Scouse Derby on one of them there streaming websites tonight. I've got Sky but won't be paying any extra for BT while there's no need.  clown 
Back to top Go down

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:22 pm

BT Sport is ok but it tries to hard IMO.
Back to top Go down

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:44 pm

It does try too hard, imho, Angry, but, I don't think one can argue that it's not a half-decent alternative to those robbing spunk-trumpets that masquerade as sky sports!
Back to top Go down

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
It does try too hard, imho, Angry, but, I don't think one can argue that it's not a half-decent alternative to those robbing spunk-trumpets that masquerade as sky sports!

They need to get rid of all these pre shows they have not needed and some are quite patronizing especially that one with tim lovejoy and matt dawson and also the ufc one.
I like BT Sports, however, it has to start bringing in the numbers now to justify its silly fee it paid for exclusive rights to champions league and europa. otherwise its going to go the way of sentanta and itv digital regardless to being a half decent alternative. Its gambled early in its career they have to step up the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:23 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Watched virtually all the Scouse Derby on one of them there streaming websites tonight. I've got Sky but won't be paying any extra for BT while there's no need.  clown 

As usual, my local had all the games on live via Sky with Andy Gray & Richard Keys, joined by Glen [them fings we dun good] Hoddle and Dietmar Hamann.
Occasionally there was a message across the bottom of the screen stating that this transmission is only for the Middle East and North Africa.Those guys love a sexist !  Twisted Evil  Although Cypriots are basically Arabs with socks, they are in the EU when it suits and the Middle East when the football's on  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 am

Which actual channel are they working for Tring? Are they sat on nice big cushions in some Bedouin tent in the desert?  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:49 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Which actual channel are they working for Tring? Are they sat on nice big cushions in some Bedouin tent in the desert?  Very Happy 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338761/Richard-Keys-Andy-Gray-TV-Shamed-duo-sign-Al-Jazeera-comeback-Qatar.html

It's perfect for them. The Arabs encourage sexist behaviour ! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 am

Ahhh right. They've done ok then, probably getting paid a Kings Ransom too.

I know it's highly fashionable to knock Sky, but I think their coverage of pretty much everything they commit to, is top notch. Michael Owen on the other hand is an awful co-commentator. Whiny voice and poor timing. Not as annoying as that tosser Lawrenson but let's be fair, who is?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 am

I've had Sky Sports for 3 months (never had it before) and I only watch a few Prem games on Sky Sports 1 (and also Sky Sports News) for £20 or so a month. BT looks a lot better deal @ £12 shows 2 - 3 games/ weekend (including FA Cup) as well as some of the better games.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I've had Sky Sports for 3 months (never had it before) and I only watch a few Prem games on Sky Sports 1 (and also Sky Sports News) for £20 or so a month. BT looks a lot better deal @ £12 shows 2 - 3 games/ weekend (including FA Cup) as well as some of the better games.

Ever changing swings n roundabouts with all the media providers. I've just transferred b/b and landline to my Sky package. Just think, you could pay about £20 just for 90 mins of misery at Home Park !
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 am

As well as the footie I watch a lot of golf and cricket. Sky's European and PGA Tour golf coverage is top drawer. Then there's the Ryder Cup too. SkySports News is the default channel in my house though, much to the womens dismay.   Razz 

The mind-boggling sum BT have paid for the Champions League will mean any decent deals they're offering now will have to be hiked significantly in a year or so, I recks. Otherwise it just won't add up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 am

Czarcasm wrote:
As well as the footie I watch a lot of golf and cricket. Sky's European and PGA Tour golf coverage is top drawer. Then there's the Ryder Cup too. SkySports News is the default channel in my house though, much to the womens dismay.   Razz 

The mind-boggling sum BT have paid for the Champions League will mean any decent deals they're offering now will have to be hiked significantly in a year or so, I recks. Otherwise it just won't add up.

Quite. Swings n roundabouts.

I can't get my Skygo out here but as I've mentioned before, wiziwig.com works fine for all sports and I stream it through to my flatscreen tv.

Select 'live sports' then the sport you want to view. All the streams appear and some work better than others. I've found that 'nutjob' or similar works best. It's usually the second link if Sky Sports are covering the event.
Am watching the cricket now......................... and I wish I wasn't !
Back to top Go down

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:06 am

I get sky's sports for free through my pc or iPad, don't watch the prem as a rule I feckin hate the circus it's become. You know when the season starts who's got the biggest bankroll and that just about denotes the finishing order, teams like Swansea might have a little go now and then but the almighty dollar always wins. It's about as exciting as motor racing in my view.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:04 am

Iggy wrote:
I get sky's sports for free through my pc or iPad, don't watch the prem as a rule I feckin hate the circus it's become. You know when the season starts who's got the biggest bankroll and that just about denotes the finishing order, teams like Swansea might have a little go now and then but the almighty dollar always wins. It's about as exciting as motor racing in my view.

It's no different at the other end of the spectrum is it ? Clubs with no cash backed ambition and/or no top flight history/ resultant fanbase, like Argyle, have no hope of ever getting anywhere, retaining good staff etc.
For me, if there's no chance of reaching for the stars, it all becomes pointless.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:

It's no different at the other end of the spectrum is it ? Clubs with no cash backed ambition and/or no top flight history/ resultant fanbase, like Argyle, have no hope of ever getting anywhere, retaining good staff etc.
For me, if there's no chance of reaching for the stars, it all becomes pointless.

Ain't that the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BT Sports Empty
PostSubject: Re: BT Sports   BT Sports Empty

Back to top Go down

BT Sports
Page 1 of 1