+2
Mock Cuncher
downthetrack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

What sports do you go and watch ? Empty
PostSubject: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Football ,regular
Rugby,occasionally,Chiefs,England and Army Navy game.
Cricket,Devon,Somerset,and England
Darts,Westpoint and a few other tournaments
Horse racing,Devon &Exeter,Newton Abbot
,Cheltenham.
Speedway,when the falcons where alive

When i was in Boston did have a chance to go and see the Red Sox,but didn't,what a tw@t.
Will go to an Athletic's meeting one day.
Will also came down and watch the Raiders.
What about you lot ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Football, rugby, F1 and Le Mans - all forms of sportscar endurance racing.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Football, rugby, F1 and Le Mans - all forms of sportscar endurance racing.

Yes you would gas head Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Football.

Bit of basketball.

Been to the British GP a couple of times, but prefer other kinds of motorsport: used to go to Brands Hatch quite a lot when I lived up that London - touring cars, mostly - and to Snetterton for motorbike racing.

Thought I wanted to go to the Olympics for the athletics, but what if you got tickets for the 100 metres final and you were sitting on the other side of the stadium? Especially if you blinked. Love watching athletics and gymnastics on telly, though.

Went to a rugby match once (free ticket innit). Boring.

Edit: I've also driven round Brands Hatch. In a Rover Metro Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:00 am

Cricket: Love a day out at the cricket...should be at the Gabba for India-Aus-Sri Lanka tri series this month. The Jane Mcgrath day at SCG was fantastic, even England biffing India last summer at Cardiff was great.
Rugger: Try and watch England once or twice a year, hoping to get some Heineken Cup under my belt one day too. Who knows, maybe even at Exeter!
Olympics: I got some boxing tickets, am looking forwards to the occasion, and the sport!
Football: Every now and then I drag myself to Argyle and hate every second of it.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:58 am

Cricket - I've been a member at Somerset since the days of Roebuck, Richards and Garner.

Rugby - Played the game since I was at school (it's the sport of choice for fatboys everywhere) and now #1 son is getting interested, so we'll go to Albion. Like Peggy we used to get a regular supply of free tickets, too. Which was nice.

Ice Hockey - When I was in Denver, went to see the Avalanche play whenever I could. Occasionally some hockey would break out in amongst the punch-ups. Top entertainment. American sports might be insular and a bit rubbish, but they know how to turn a game into an Event.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 am

Spectating-wise....

Argyle & England (football)
England (cricket)
Golf - went to the last Ryder Cup and also the PGA championship last year.
Ahem, Skiing Embarassed By luck more than judgement in France years ago while on a (obvious) skiing holiday. To get to the speeds that they do, and still be under control is amazing to watch, first-hand.

Ultimate dream would be to spend a couple of months following England in a Test series in the West Indies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 am

I've watched Golf, Cricket, Ice Hockey and Rugby but not regularly. Been Horse Racing at Exeter, Newton Abbot, Taunton, Bath and Worcester several times.

If I won tens of millions on the lottery I would basically travel around the world watching sport. Ashes in Australia, British Lions wherever, World Cup and would love to watch the Ryder Cup in the States. Not sure the other half shares my dream though Sad
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:53 am

Watch a bit of sailing in the sound, the America's cup was great. The annual powerboat race is also very good, bit like formula1 on water. And it's free.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 am

Rugby & football on a level par, played rugby for most of my life.
Boxing, done a bit in my younger days as I did Judo but that's rarely on telly.

Pete you're right, I thoroughly enjoyed the Americas Cup, great entertainment!

Oh and emmm, Synchronised swimming!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:30 am

football, and ice hockey- my lad plays for the panthers (nottm) youth, and im into my mountain biking too. tried some archery last year.
thats a bit poor really thinking about it

oo forgot about the badger baiting and real pigeon shooting affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:35 pm

I watch Argyle of course and used to be a member at Somerset,haven't been to Taunton for a year or two now,i watch a bit of local cricket in the summer though.I tend to play a lot of golf rather than watch live sport these days,but on telly it's football,cricket,snooker and golf,with the odd game of darts or tennis thrown in.Truth to tell,i would rather watch cricket/golf/snooker than football these days,which would have been unthinkable awhile back-it just doesn't have the same appeal any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:44 pm

GOB wrote:
Pete you're right, I thoroughly enjoyed the Americas Cup, great entertainment!

Oh and emmm, Synchronised swimming!

Forgot about the Americas' Cup - I went to one day of it, and couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it.

Synchronised diving's also a must, just for the camp hilarity factor. (First time I ever saw it, Gob, I was in a pub with Skopje: we both came close to serious harm from laughing so much.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:04 pm

I went horse-racing once.

Here they come........They're they were.

I didn't see the point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I couldn't get enough sport down me when I was younger. Participated, competed in and maybe watched on occasion just about every sport there was.
I guess it was the joy of blood rushing through my veins. It lost it's allure over the last 20 years.... it's been usurped
Participating is where it's at. As for TV viewing, like any film or theatre production, it has to be a good story, professional sport is the entertainment industry after all. I look for heroes/ines I can roar on, but there aren't many out there.
Only Argyle are able to hold my attention these days, but that is obviously related to deeper things..... and nothing to do with sport I suspect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Football, obviously. (I pop along to Malaga every now and then for my live football fix).

Most forms of motor sport. I used to race motor bikes a while ago, still like to get along and watch MotoGP when I can.

I also like the four wheeled variety as well. F1 is OK, but I prefer the tin tops. My absolute favourite series at the moment is V8 Supercars. Unfortunately, getting to see a live V8SC event is a bit of a dream at the moment as it's an Australian based series with the occasional foray to NZ and Abu Dhabi. I had a plan forming which involved visiting Mount Panorama in October time which was sadly kyboshed by not being made redundant.

Maybe I'll treat myself when I retire from the current career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Only football and foxhunting.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Forgot to mention that Grand Daughter plays for Ivybridge FA Centre of Excellence, and I go and watch them when they are home. Offered to take her to Argyle Ladies V Spurs only to find out that she is playing away to Arsenal that day, perhaps I should go with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am

No good fishing here. lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Iggy wrote:
No good fishing here. lol!

You should have said bear baiting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you go and watch ?   What sports do you go and watch ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What sports do you go and watch ?
Page 1 of 1