The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BBC Sports personnality

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hmdr

BBC Sports personnality Empty
PostSubject: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Is Bradley Wiggins
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 pm

No Tom Daley then.......the Evening Herald news team will no doubt be going into meltdown over this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Brilliant. Much as all the others on the shortlist were fantastic in their field Bradley Wiggins feat in winning the tour de France undoubtedly clean is the best of the lot for me. Then he topped it off with Olympic gold.

If it truly is about personality as well then he was even more deserving. Such a down to earth, funny, humble and appreciative guy as well.

An absolutely vintage year for British sport. Mo Farah double Olympic track gold never even made the top three!

One gripe is why the feck does that nobhead Beckham have to mumble his way through it, struggling to read words someone else has written for him. So many other good presenters could've announced the winners, but Mr I was a half decent player ten years ago and look good so I have to have my finger in every pie that is remotely British gets the honour?

I hope he does sign for a premier league team now and get pissed all over by any half decent player week in week out. Still won't get dropped because it will affect shirt sales. Probably get a gold postbox in Los Angeles now too. Especially if Webby has anything to do with it.

That is all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 pm

There are thousands of workers out there who give their souls for their jobs and thousands of charity workers who give their time for free. None of whom are well paid and rewarded properly for their services to anything. It's a bit like watching the Brit Awards or TV show of the year. All self clapping and worthy of nothing much in life's rich tapestry. I can't be arsed to watch any of them and care even less who wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Just coz Chadwick wasn't on the shortlist. Miserable old git. No wonder hairys such an annoying bugger.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:00 pm

I bet you hate Christmas too. Bah humbug Razz
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:04 pm

No Jock, he's pissed off because Fletch didn't make it! Laughing

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Stanley Matthews. Now there was a footballer. Worked a shift down t'pit and then scored a hattrick against arsenal. And he was on tuppence ha'ppeny which he gave to his mother who had 17 kids and no legs. That's a real personality I tell thee.

Fought in the war in the morning then played real Madrid with shrapnel in his eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Made his football boots out of sandbags, never got booked and always called the referees sir. Built an orphanage with his win bonuses and when his leg fell off and he couldn't play anymore he went to be a missionary in Papua new guinea and was eaten by the natives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Still didn't complain.
Back to top Go down
Rise

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Didn't watch but well pleased with that.

Despite the fantastic year and undeinably strong field of candidates, if Wiggins didnt win it would have been a mild travesty.

It wasn't just being the first winner of Le Tour or combining it with Olympic Gold. He really did dominate his profession this year. He won the Paris-Nice (first British rider for 50 years to do so, 2nd Brit ever), Tour de Romandie (again, first Brit in history) and defended his Dauphine title; all major events on the cycling calender. More over, the manor of his victories was amazing; he led these three from start to finish.

It really was a year without precedent for British cycling.

Decent guy as well. Who would win a pinnacle honour of their career and then sit there and say in the press conference "its great, but at the end of the day its only sport so it doesnt matter that much"?

I was however expecting one of the Olympians or Murray to take it on the grounds of popularity in the public consience.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 am

I would have prefered Ellie to win.

Anyway Rise for all your bigging up of Wiggins, he was very poor second best to that van a few weeks ago at the petrol station! Very Happy

I have to add that I am glad he was ok. Smile

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 am

ennis' ass will be plastered all over the media now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 am

I did mention how sticky out it was to my missus Very Happy

At the risk of sounding too Smiffy it was always Wiggo for me since somebody mentioned only he and Katherine Grainger didn't have Twitter accounts last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 am

Lord Aviva wrote:
ennis' ass will be plastered all over the media now Very Happy

and quite right too makes a change from them forcng tom "i came 3RD" daley down our throats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC Sports personnality   BBC Sports personnality Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC Sports personnality
Page 1 of 1