lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
Elias
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

In the "News" today. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Just when you think that the whole of humanity is rotten to the core, something like this pops up to remind you that 99% of humanity is really very nice and that humanity is worth saving.

From the Herald

Quote :
A GREAT-grandmother, a parking officer, a neighbour and a group of workmen all came to the rescue when a little baby’s life hung in the balance.

The remarkable and uplifting tale of heroism, selflessness and kindness saw a group of people offer their help when a frantic and crying mother was confronted by the nightmare scene.

Ann Woodman, aged 70, was one of the first on the scene in Wolseley Road at around 1.15pm on Tuesday.

From her kitchen she could hear screaming. Initially thinking it was some kind of argument the great-grandmother went to her front window where she saw a woman holding a baby, in complete hysterics.

Ann said: “I ran out and there was another neighbour there. The little girl started foaming at the mouth and going blue.

“The other neighbour, around my age, took the baby from the mother and while I gave mouth to mouth, she did chest compressions. While I was breathing into her mouth her eyes started to move.

“We couldn’t put her down because basically, we were unable to get that low down anymore. But we knew what we had to do.

“We were there a little while until this man came and put the baby on the ground and continued mouth to mouth. Then this group of guys came across.”

Despite her lack of CPR training, Ann – who has lived in the street for 27 years – said she knew what to do.

She said: “I’ve seen it on TV – I watch all those hospital programmes.”

After police and paramedics turned up, Ann went back inside her home.

“I just broke down,” she said. “I phoned my daughter-in-law and cried my eyes out. I couldn’t believe I’d done it, help bring a little girl back to life.

“She’d been all floppy, there was no movement. The poor mother said she’d just been changing her and she went all floppy and stopped breathing.”

Adam Thomas, aged 26, was working as part of a team of ground maintenance staff with Plymouth Community Homes when he was made aware of the screaming.

One of his workmates got his attention and he took off his ear defenders to be alerted to the woman’s screams.

Adam, a neighbourhood ranger for PCH’s environmental services, said he and his colleagues raced across the road to where the awful scene was unfolding.

He said: “Five of us raced over, the parking guy and me arrived within seconds of each other.

“He had already started mouth to mouth and as I got there the baby started breathing.

“We were both checking her over. Then I picked her up and the police arrived. We were explaining to them what had happened and keeping the girl responsive.

“She was just so young. The others were consoling the mum. Then she was taken back to her house with her mum when the paramedics arrived.

“It felt like ages but it was probably only 10 minutes in total.

“Listening to others I heard she’d come out of the house screaming that her baby was dead. My own daughter’s 16 months so she could have only been about 12 months old. She was initially blue but we all just did what we could to help.”

Motorist Paul Grete, from Liskeard, saw part of the scene as he drove past before stopping.

He said he saw the mother carrying the baby and what he believed was a parking warden approach and check for vital signs.

He said: “He gave her a heart massage and mouth to mouth. About a minute passed and the baby started breathing again.

“She [the mother] was absolutely fanatical while the baby was unconscious, but once the baby started breathing she calmed down. She was very thankful to him, and I think he deserves a bit of recognition.”

A spokesman for Plymouth City Council said: “Council parking officer Roger Kerrison stopped and administered resuscitation on the baby on his journey into work.

“We are incredibly proud of Roger’s clear thinking and fast actions under pressure – this must have been very frightening for everyone involved.

“All of the customer services staff working in our car parks are fully trained in first aid and it was great that Roger was able to put this into practice and save this baby’s life.

A spokesman for South West Ambulance Service said: “We attended an address in Wolseley Road with one rapid response vehicle and one full ambulance crew. When we got to the scene the baby was breathing and conscious and was taken to Derriford Hospital.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
hairy j wrote:
People who absolutely want OUT of the EU are usually quite stupid

Love the way the terminally unbright find it so easy to ascribe epithets such as stupid to anyone that has a contrary opinion to their own on any given subject. There are a multitude of reasons why one might not want to be part of the EUSSR, political, economic, rational and irrational, I'd list a few but I have no doubt the likes of Hairy would struggle to understand any of them.

Me, I don't like unelected arse wipes like Barroso and Ashton making decisions for me, I don't like Camoron and Clegg doing it either but I respect their right to do so based on votes cast in an election I was able to take part in.

£120 BILLION a year goes missing unaccountably within the EUSSR budget, £50 MILLION pounds a day on average goes directly from our pockets to the EUSSR bureaucrats who then let us have less than half of it back as long as it is spent on hideously wasteful boondoggles, graft and corruption being their watchwords, and that doesn't include our contribution to the clusterfook which cleaning up the mess created by the EURO will continue to bring for the foreseeable future.

We were suckered into it by a Kiddy fiddling wank stain, we deserve the chance to explore the possibilities which throwing off the shackles of the EUSSR straight jacket might bring.

back atcha... Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 am

I love the fact that Hairy can call us sceptics stupid whilst supporting a model that completely bypasses him apart from taking his hard earned and sharing it out amoungst wealthy civil engineers and economists! Why do people think they benefit from systems that clearly are not designed to help them?
Hairy, don't believe the HYPE man.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:16 am

A woman ate 363 chicken wings
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am

Just come back home from mothers via Budshead Road - police everywhere and a coroners van parked in the off-road woods path down in the dip.!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:27 pm

I knew it. I knew somefink fishy was up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm

that bloody plane still aint been found
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 pm

The conspiracy theorists are now verging on delirious. I've heard it all now from Alien abduction to Captain Ahab taking to the bottom of the sea!!  When that Air France went down of the Canadian East coast quite a few years ago - it took four years to find the black box!!!!

It's going to take time, but I'm sure they will find it. It would help I suppose if the aviation authorities could make up their mind where it was even heading FFS. (tm Seadog)
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
When that Air France went down of the Canadian East coast quite a few years ago - it took four years to find the black box!!!!

I'm not fookin surprised if they were looking off "the Candian East Coast" when the badger went down off Brazil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Person Of Interest wrote:
When that Air France went down of the Canadian East coast quite a few years ago - it took four years to find the black box!!!!

I'm not fookin surprised if they were looking off "the Candian East Coast" when the badger went down off Brazil.

Apologies. I was thinking about Swissair Flight 111, 1998 or 99 I think.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:52 pm

I think that Chinese TV are making a reality TV version of Lost. Anybody lost a polar bear recently?
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Man with enormous scrotum dies.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Earthquake, we're having an earthquake!

Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Bez from The Happy Mondays is running for MP in Manchester.
He'll get voted in - make it happen Manchester.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:44 pm

these planes that 'disappear' have passengers of interest who must be silenced.
look at the passenger list and see what they do for a living or who they are 'connected' to.

how about ATD Airways ! ?
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Kagami's money was on that plane.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 8:08 pm

It certainly was not in Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:46 am

Jaggers bird has topped herself
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 am

Until yesterday J had never heard of L'Wren Scott and my thoughts go out to those who were close to her. Suicide is an awful thing - and not just awful for the deceased.

But exactly what was going through her parents' minds when they chose L'Wren for her given name?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:55 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Until yesterday J had never heard of L'Wren Scott and my thoughts go out to those who were close to her. Suicide is an awful thing - and not just awful for the deceased.

But exactly what was going through her parents' minds when they chose L'Wren for her given name?

High strength Class A's, probably.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Just noticed it was Wrenn not Wren.

Even worse.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:28 pm

This guy has been on the news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Nick Griffin is not, I repeat not a racist.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Her real parents probably gave her a far different name altogether.  But the Mormon parents who adopted and named her Lauren, probably just thought it was a nice name.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:29 pm

I vaguely recall reading that she changed her name herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the "News" today.
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next