pepsipete
Sandford_Grecian
Coxside_Green
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mr President

Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
Quote :

I have spent a lot of time around senior managers and businessmen. I know how to operate around them and I think my skills can be of benefit to both the Club and supporters.

I dont think anyone doubts that chris , just please dont let it go to your head!!!

Thats the last thing that will happen BBM I can assure you. Lets be honest if it was going to my head I would hardly be having a tit-for-tat with fellow supporters on internet forums at all hours would I?

Did you want a t-shirt? Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Get a room!

GOB and Chris sitting in a tree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Just hope the branch is strong, fat bastards like me weigh a ton! clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:
Well I am trying to make an effort to get to know the man outside of his title.

Tell us a bit about you Chris, apart from trade unions and Argyle, what do you get outta life, hobbies and interest etc?

I am a pretty simple guy really.

Family, looking after people, Argyle and thats about it really.

My job is very busy and means I travel almost everyday - hence giving you guys the reason to mock the 'on the train / typo' posts Smile

I'm down to earth and I guess the one thing that gets to me about this site is that people assume I've been sucked in or done over in taking the Presidents role.

I have spent a lot of time around senior managers and businessmen. I know how to operate around them and I think my skills can be of benefit to both the Club and supporters.

OK Chris, as far as I am concerned and I think Tring and yourself...we'll give it all a rest?

Take a lot of that pish taking as tongue in cheek Chris, it was meant to be, and whilst we may take the pish we're happy to take it back in return on here.

We're all pretty down to earth, maybe that's half the problem? There's one thing that is far too often forgot though, we are all Argyle fans and maybe we face a new dawn after today?

Tring / Gob

I am more than happy with that. i don't want a constant petty war. I want to play a role in communications and debate.

Just sent James Brent across a draft presidents update to make sure I am not saying anything out of line.

This really is a new dawn I believe. Everything is there for the Club now but the next few weeks and months are critical.

As far as I am concerned you have a deal then Chris, but I will remain critical of things I do not like and I will give praise for things that I like.

This is not a criticism of anything or any site, but this site isn't Pasoti, it has freedoms like other football fans sites have, so you should expect to hear things you won't like and posters that get on your tits, that's the nature of the game.

As far as I am concerned, welcome to ATD Chris, but remember, not everyone is going to agree with me. Good luck! lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah wouldn't want you falling out again lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Yeah well... Before you all move in together and adopt some children...

Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
James Brent on ATD too cheers

Not quite Tringy - he was sent some transcripts......

What transcripts were sent then, Chris? And what did Brent say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:42 pm

ive got some transcripts which i might post soon !!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yeah well... Before you all move in together and adopt some children...

Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
James Brent on ATD too cheers

Not quite Tringy - he was sent some transcripts......

What transcripts were sent then, Chris? And what did Brent say?

Just copies of posts I understand.

He was actually upset that "people who had done so much to save the Club were receiving such abuse" - his words.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:49 pm

So who sent them?

Maybe you would like to give MR. Brent my email address and I could maybe explain a few things to him?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Rickler wrote:

So who sent them?

Maybe you would like to give MR. Brent my email address and I could maybe explain a few things to him?

I don't know. I got a note of support from him followed by a call on Saturday.

I am sure if James Brent wants to make contact he is capable of doing so himself.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Rickler ill get his email address to you tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 pm

This is becoming farcical.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:07 pm

Agreed. Why on earth would anyone do that. Why on earth would he respond. I can assure you I'm as mild mannered and even tempered as they come but that is pathetic.

I'm pinching myself to think someone sent transcript, transcript for goodness sake, to James Brent to point out how nasty some Argyle fans were being to some of his friends.

Did he get transcripts of the altercation at the Torquay game. That's really nastiness. Has he responded to that.

Has asked for/will he get a transcript every time things get heated and personal. Will he always come down on the side on his friends. This from a man who we are led to believe stared down and outfought Guilfoyle and Ridsdale yet takes offence when things get personal and heated on a football website.

Did he get transcripts of the altercation at Torquay. Thats really nastiness. Did he have a view on that.

He he going to get a transcript everytime something that upsets one of his friends is posted. Is this what having the ear of the Chairman has come to. Has he had transcripts of the goings on on Exeweb. Does he know that one of his friends post under a pseudonym there. Does he have a view on that.

Jeez it's unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Really really truly someone sent James Brent transcripts?

And he took notice of them?

Do you think its a good thing to send transcripts, transcipts for goodness sake, to the Chairman of Plymouth Argyle about fans bitching on the internet, Chris?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 am

Maybe i should send some transcripts i have about the legitimacy of some of the fund raising going on and the morals behind it????? OF COURSE I WOULDNT BUT I COULD.

GROW UP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 am

I've got quite a few I could send as well but it would spoil the surprise.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 am

I think the time is coming to present the 'dossier' of screenshots etc of the old Argyle Talk website to James Brent/wider public so as to show why there is a lot of angst against a certain individual. It probably won't do a lot, but if I were Brent I wouldn't want said person running the largest Argyle fans' website or associate with them. I suppose our new owner finds the 'scum' comments aimed at this site acceptable too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:05 am

Don't react guys, its just a wind up.

Surely they are not that stupid to start sending "transcripts" to Brent....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:09 am

I wonder if they had a wax seal cat
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 7:29 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Don't react guys, its just a wind up.

Surely they are not that stupid to start sending "transcripts" to Brent....

If it is Laughing else Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:11 am

I would like to congratulate Chris on his successful wind up, this return to jovial banter should be embraced not nibbled and gnawed at.
More of the same please!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:14 am

Sir, Sir...they're being horrible to us ..it's not fair...Sir, Sir...tell them off. jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 am

Now who would be so basic as to snitch to the headmaster ? Is he going to call us into his office ? affraid It just gets worse.

If this is for real, how childlike ! It could backfire big time too.

Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:54 pm

Anyway..back to Bruce Springsteen

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 45)
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Not the boss!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting above his station ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3