pepsipete
Sandford_Grecian
Coxside_Green
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr President

Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It seems to me that since Webb has appeared on the scene, and certainly since the buyout was completed, the divisiveness between factions has increased.

He cannot take criticism in any form, he is very much a 'you're either for us or against us' in his arguments, and this 'Presidential' role just seems to have inflated his ego.

Noticeable that he's been quiet the last couple of days - perhaps he's been advised to give a rest for a while.

Or maybe I had a family wedding on Sunday and my birthday yesterday.......don't let the facts get in the way of your posts PP.....nothing changes.

The T-Shirts - sense of humour failure on this thread.

You guys will be delighted to know that I have had a good chat with James Brent about my posting style / frequency and made it clear that I did not want to cause trouble for the Club but at the same time I wasn't about to change myself.

James Brent was 100% supportive of EVERYTHING that I have posted since becoming Club President. Good news!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm sure we're all very pleased for you Chris.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:03 pm

GOB wrote:
I'm sure we're all very pleased for you Chris.

I thought you would be GOB. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 pm

James Brent on ATD too cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Not quite Tringy - he was sent some transcripts......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Tringreen wrote:

You mean, NO, surely not....posting under a pseudonym?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

You mean, NO, surely not....posting under a pseudonym?

Sadly (for you) no. See post above GOB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:12 pm

If I didn't know better Chris I would have said you have come on here to stir up shit AGAIN, nothing on telly? clown

To think, I was in the process of giving you some credibility to. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:23 pm

GOB wrote:
If I didn't know better Chris I would have said you have come on here to stir up shit AGAIN, nothing on telly? clown

To think, I was in the process of giving you some credibility to. Sad

Not at all GOB......I was responding a post from Plympton Pilgrim which was full of his usual snipes on a thread which has somehow taken a joke and turned it into me producing a T-shirt range. Only on ATD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Chris, seriously, what music do you like?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:29 pm

GOB wrote:
Chris, seriously, what music do you like?

I am not really into music..... I am the sort of person who thinks 'i like that song' but wouldn't have a clue who it was by.

If I had to pick a favourite artist I would go with Bruce Springstein.... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:30 pm

He;s in the UK this year, I'm hoping to get tickets. Any particular track?
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:31 pm

I'll buy some t shirts Chris.then we could have a burning session before a game at SJP. Bit like Iran burning the Union Jack Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:32 pm

I've had enough of all this crap now Chris.

This is doing none of us any credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Well I am trying to make an effort to get to know the man outside of his title.

Tell us a bit about you Chris, apart from trade unions and Argyle, what do you get outta life, hobbies and interest etc?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:36 pm

GOB wrote:

Got my brother a couple of tickets for his wedding present.

Glory days and My Home town.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm

GOB wrote:

Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:

The home town..I'm totally with you as a very proud Janner, but the glory days just doesn't fit for us Argyle fans! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:42 pm

GOB wrote:

Tell us a bit about you Chris, apart from trade unions and Argyle, what do you get outta life, hobbies and interest etc?

I am a pretty simple guy really.

Family, looking after people, Argyle and thats about it really.

My job is very busy and means I travel almost everyday - hence giving you guys the reason to mock the 'on the train / typo' posts Smile

I'm down to earth and I guess the one thing that gets to me about this site is that people assume I've been sucked in or done over in taking the Presidents role.

I have spent a lot of time around senior managers and businessmen. I know how to operate around them and I think my skills can be of benefit to both the Club and supporters.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Agreed.

Good luck with all your efforts. It's only a bleddy game and deep down we're all on the same side. That's what we all need to remember.

An 'outsider' would think we were all mental, getting so worked up and falling out over a football club that we all support. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Quote :

I have spent a lot of time around senior managers and businessmen. I know how to operate around them and I think my skills can be of benefit to both the Club and supporters.

I dont think anyone doubts that chris , just please dont let it go to your head!!!

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 46)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:

My job is very busy and means I travel almost everyday - hence giving you guys the reason to mock the 'on the train / typo' posts Smile

I'm down to earth and I guess the one thing that gets to me about this site is that people assume I've been sucked in or done over in taking the Presidents role.

OK Chris, as far as I am concerned and I think Tring and yourself...we'll give it all a rest?

Take a lot of that pish taking as tongue in cheek Chris, it was meant to be, and whilst we may take the pish we're happy to take it back in return on here.

We're all pretty down to earth, maybe that's half the problem? There's one thing that is far too often forgot though, we are all Argyle fans and maybe we face a new dawn after today?

Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:54 pm

GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:

OK Chris, as far as I am concerned and I think Tring and yourself...we'll give it all a rest?

Take a lot of that pish taking as tongue in cheek Chris, it was meant to be, and whilst we may take the pish we're happy to take it back in return on here.

We're all pretty down to earth, maybe that's half the problem? There's one thing that is far too often forgot though, we are all Argyle fans and maybe we face a new dawn after today?

Tring / Gob

I am more than happy with that. i don't want a constant petty war. I want to play a role in communications and debate.

Just sent James Brent across a draft presidents update to make sure I am not saying anything out of line.

This really is a new dawn I believe. Everything is there for the Club now but the next few weeks and months are critical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting above his station ?    Getting above his station ?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting above his station ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next