greensleeves
hippo
Flat_Track_Bully
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:31 pm

greensleeves wrote:
knecht wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
fantastic result....come on you greens...

"Fantastic"? Against a side that's won only twice in the last 9 games? Methinks you're exaggerating.

Knecht...before the game a lot of folks,gordon sparks and chris errington included were saying that a draw would be an excellent result.excellent /fantastic is there much difference...

gordon sparks would think a 1-0 win over efford would be worthy of a mural he is that much of a sycophant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 5:33 pm

greensleeves wrote:
knecht wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
fantastic result....come on you greens...

"Fantastic"? Against a side that's won only twice in the last 9 games? Methinks you're exaggerating.

Knecht...before the game a lot of folks,gordon sparks and chris errington included were saying that a draw would be an excellent result.excellent /fantastic is there much difference... brentsleeves, its a reasonable result, no more no less,
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 pm

seven points off the play offs....suffered i know you must be hurting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm well appy with a pint  drunken  ...............and a point.  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:26 pm

greensleeves wrote:
I think we all know what part of you hurts the most al !
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Game as dull as dishwater.  Argyle awful till late substitutions.  Blanchard Gurrieri is a combination that is prone to produce errors - Wimbledon had them for breakfast.  Green Army support non exsistant (for family reasons - a cute niece and nephew with their AFC supporting dad - I was in the away end) A bit of a scuffle in the terraces and a tw@t on the pitch when we scored.  Reid beginning to be worth his weight in gold - which is a lot.  Forget the fan fest or supporters bar in the new stand What Argyle needs is a Fat Boys franchise - great pre match grub.  And AFC must have the best DJ around - played some great music (Luke Haines Rock and Roll Animals anyone)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:53 pm

greensleeves wrote:

In by far the shittest 'professional' division on the planet

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:02 pm

facts is facts,and positions is positions... freathy....wednesday is such a big game,just hope the team turn up,as you know the fans will,you really know they will.even punchy is going i believe.....he'll really love every minute especially if the gyles win....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:52 pm

greensleeves wrote:
facts is facts,and positions is positions... freathy....wednesday is such a big game,just hope the team turn up,as you know the fans will,you really know they will.even punchy is going i believe.....

"even Punchy is going", what and you're the only real fan on here? Wanker.

Last edited by Iggy on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm

greensleeves wrote:
facts is facts,and positions is positions... freathy....wednesday is such a big game,just hope the team turn up,as you know the fans will,you really know they will.even punchy is going i believe.....

Thought Punchy was a regular attender anyway? I'm sure he said that he was going to be at todays game,unless i was whooshed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Anyway enough of engaging with the trolls, a point is a great result because we looked like we were going to lose until the 88th minute, true we could have nicked one a few times but on the whole we rode our luck a lot. In the grand scheme of things I think most of us would have been happy with 7 points from 9 so far over the festive period but if we really look to kick on from here you have to win games like this. Purrington sounded like he had another good game and supplied an awesome cross for the goal but it did sound like he left us open at the back? Anyway happy that we nicked a point but I will save the celebrations until we take all three points off Turks on Wednesday, they will be hurting and if we get complacent and lose then we slip back down, win and were looking upwards again. Halfway through the season today, not bad so far, prediction for rest of season, meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Will Jimmy allow Sherry to bring in some quality in January instead of players nobody else wants ? this will prove whether he wants to try to push for promotion or if he is happy for us to wallow about in league 2 until he's got what he wants..........i think most of us freaks suspect we already know the answer although i'm happy to be proved wrong.  raised eyebrow 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Greenskin wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Thought Punchy was a regular attender anyway? I'm sure he said that he was going to be at todays game,unless i was whooshed.
reckon you've might have been whooshed,he might have gone,he might not have who knows...... dont take as gospel everything you read on here.you are too honest for your own good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Iggy wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

"even Punchy is going", what and you're the only real fan on here? Wanker.

we are here win lose or draw al turns up when we win or draw so naturally he is no fan but a troll.  fishing fishing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:33 pm

After an Xmas of working and not much chance of footy, I'll be there on NYD. Even wifey is coming along. I was going to tell here she's a right glory hunting cow - but then she'd probably punch me in the face.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 9:43 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

reckon you've might have  been whooshed,he might have gone,he might not have who knows...... dont take as gospel everything you read on here.you are too honest for your own good.

Staying with someone in London apparently and definitely going to the game today-he was certainly at the Bury game as well.Looks like you're right when you say not to take as Gospel everything i read on here.Not that i do anyway of course and that applies to reading PASOTI as well.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:46 pm

John Sheridan praises Plymouth Argyle's work ethic for capital return

JOHN SHERIDAN was pleased with the hard-earned point from Argyle's 1-1 draw away to AFC Wimbledon.
Striker Reuben Reid scored an 88th minute equaliser for the Pilgrims after a superb pass from 17-year-old Ben Purrington.
That cancelled out a goal at the start of the second half from Wimbledon's Michael Smith.
Argyle have picked up seven points from their three fixtures over festive period, with a Devon derby against Torquay United at Home Park on New Year's Day still to come.
Sheridan admitted his side had not been at their best in the draw with Wimbledon.
But he praised his players for the perseverance they showed, which was rewarded with Reid's late equaliser.
Sheridan said: "It was a great ball from Ben and it was a great finish from Reuben.
"I think we deserved something after our second half performance. We finished the game really strongly.
"With two minutes to go and you are 1-0 down, it's pleasing that you end up getting something.
"I don't think we started the game well. We were a bit flat and they played a system against us, 3-5-2, which I didn't expect.
"They caused us one or two problems, but we adjusted and sussed it out a little bit. In the last 10 minutes of the first half we got into the game."
Smith, on loan from Charlton Athletic, headed home from close range after a cross from the left into the Argyle penalty area.
Sheridan said: "It was a poor goal to concede and it gave us a mountain to climb, but we responded well.
"I didn't think it was a great game but it was a hard fought one."
Sheridan switched tactics from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 on the hour mark, when Durrell Berry was sent on for Andres Gurrieri.
Then, in the closing stages, the Pilgrims' boss made a telling double substitution.

Tope Obadeyi and Nathan Thomas, on his debut, replaced Caolan Lavery and Lewis Alessandra, respectively.
Sheridan said: "I think the subs just gave us a bit of a spark when they came on.
"I changed the system to 3-5-2, matching them up, and we started getting on top of the game then.
"Tope looked good when he came on. There was a bit of pace and tempo about him. Nathan has played his part, too.
"I'm very pleased to get something out of the game."
Argyle dropped one position to 14th in League Two after the draw against Wimbledon, seven points off the play-off places and eight above the relegation zone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Dougie wrote:
Game as dull as dishwater.  Argyle awful till late substitutions.  Blanchard Gurrieri is a combination that is prone to produce errors - Wimbledon had them for breakfast.  Green Army support non exsistant (for family reasons - a cute niece and nephew with their AFC supporting dad - I was in the away end) A bit of a scuffle in the terraces and a tw@t on the pitch when we scored.  Reid beginning to be worth his weight in gold - which is a lot.  Forget the fan fest or supporters bar in the new stand What Argyle needs is a Fat Boys franchise - great pre match grub.  And AFC must have the best DJ around - played some great music (Luke Haines Rock and Roll Animals anyone)

Just back in from a generally poor away day.
I was stood on the open bit of terrace down towards the away seating which meant every time the ball was up the other end of the pitch i couldn't see a darned thing, i dont mind AFC as a club and supporters but holy shit that away end takes some beating in the crapness department.
Wimbledon dominated for large chunks of the game apart from the last 10 or 15,McCormick pulled of a great save in the first 45 when the Wimbledon chap looked nailed on to score. Hard to pick out the weak links today when the whole team was clearly not at the races,
Lucky to leave with a point imho.
Playoffs? forget it

I seen the cretin that jumped on the pitch,there was also some complete F*ckwit in a red stripey jumpsuit getting hysterical with somebody about something...freaks and weirdos eh!! Razz 
Some nice Kronenbergs on the train back though  laugh 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 am

Well I actually got to the ground with 20mins gone but being the worst for wear I asked 3 Wimbledon fans where the away end was and promptly marched me into their clubhouse - spent the whole game in there!! These 3 and loads other fans were all season ticket holders but don't watch the game, up in arms about something at the club - weird!! drunken drunken drunken 
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:40 am

Quote :
there was also some complete F*ckwit in a red stripey jumpsuit getting hysterical with somebody about something...freaks and weirdos eh!!

I think that was a young scallywag who goes by the name of Pieface - he's Twitter pally with The Club President and the P(r)oxy Associate Director. Whenever I've seen him he's always been leery with opposition fans, stewards and police. But your right freaks and weirdos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:51 am

Dougie wrote:
Quote :
there was also some complete F*ckwit in a red stripey jumpsuit getting hysterical with somebody about something...freaks and weirdos eh!!  

I think that was a young scallywag who goes by the name of Pieface - he's Twitter pally with The Club President and the P(r)oxy Associate Director.  Whenever I've seen him he's always been leery with opposition fans, stewards and police.  But your right freaks and weirdos.

Really!!

Yet more evidence (as if any was needed) of the sinister and unpleasant associates of El Presidente and his sidekicks.
I also noticed that the Speccy banker was sat in the seated section surrounded by the usual Arsekissers from the Pyramid suite.
The support generally home and away is top notch considering the filth that has manifested itself into the club in recent years,its such a pity that there is a small element of utter Cheesedicks like "Pieface" that make me cringe with embarrassment...a fine example to the wider Metropolis of Jannerdom  No
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:30 am

Pieface.......... where's wally ? Pics 33 & 36

Here's a better one. Photo 13.

He's clearly 'bought in' to the celebrity fan thing. Dear oh dear.........

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 am

The scheming, self promoting slugs ?  Photo 26 The reluctant one chose the general seating for a double whammy. One, he continues the charm offensive with the Avivas and two, he doesn't have to listen to the sycophantic collection of toads in the DB.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 pm

I am happy with a point at AFC and would have took that prior to KO.

We go in to the Torquay game unbeaten [which might put a couple of hundred (plus) more on the gate] and the team have got to be looking at getting all three points against the Devon rivals...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Pieface.......... where's wally ? Pics 33 & 36

He's clearly 'bought in' to the celebrity fan thing. Dear oh dear.........

While I feel for Punchy's exasperation  santa there's always been the odd one or two that try to stand out in a crowd for little reason and mostly why would I worry. It's just people, and it's football at all clubs. And rock concerts. It's not as if they're like the other nasty little twerps that could be mentioned.

Noddy clearly played to the crowd on occasion, often irritated me with his constant droning, I must say, and I was glad when he was seconded to take that flag around the ground.  But then I didn't mind Sumo on the Mayflower who irritated a lot of fans( Daddy of Pieface by the looks of things ). He loved the attention and almost camped it up. Where is he, now the Mayflower has gone West ?
Do the Barmy Army have similar characters ? I think they must have. I blame it all on that attention seeking flag waving England guy back in the 60/70s ? Couldn't get him off the television. He wasn't the full shilling either, but you can get away with it while you wear a flag. As soon as you take it off, you might find yourself up in front of the beak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wimbledon match thread   Wimbledon match thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon match thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next