Elias
Czarcasm
Tringreen
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

A return to safe standing? Empty
PostSubject: The return of standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:13 am

Football League clubs consulted on return of standing

Standing could make a permanent return at all levels of the Football League after its 72 clubs were sent a document canvassing their opinion on the issue.
It is currently allowed in Leagues One and Two but Championship grounds must be all-seater after a club has played in the second tier for three seasons.
The consultation paper was sent to all Football League clubs on Friday.
The clubs, who had asked for more information about standing, will debate the issue at a meeting in February.

Football League sends consultation document to its clubs regarding a return to safe standing

"It is now over to the clubs to get their views," said Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey.
"Speaking personally, I do not have strong views on this and it is genuinely a matter for the clubs."
The subject was initially raised at the Football League's annual chairman's conference in Portugal last June, with clubs voting in favour of further investigating the issue.
Acting on the wishes of its members, Football League officials gathered more information, including canvassing the opinion of the Football Supporters' Federation  , which for many years has campaigned for safe standing.
"There has been a sea-change in attitude at clubs over the last two-to-three years towards safe standing and this is an example of that," said FSF co-chairman Malcolm Clarke.
"As far as the Football League is concerned the law is a total nonsense - it allows standing in League One and League Two but not in the Championship."
Football League executives also attended the German Super Cup final in July to develop their understanding of what is happening at grounds like Borussia Dortmund's Westfalenstadion.
The "Yellow Wall", as the southern terrace at Dortmund is known, can accommodate 25,000 fans.
Many German clubs have upgraded their terraces with "rail seats". These are metal seats that can be flipped up, and locked in place, providing space to stand behind a waist-high rail that runs along the back of the row in front. Every "seat" is linked to a ticket number, and can be flipped down to meet Uefa rules for European games.
The Football League document includes contributions from Derby County, Peterborough and Bristol City - three clubs who have expressed an interest in seeing the rules changed.
It also contains details of the changes that would be required from a football regulatory, government policy and legislative perspective were standing to return on a permanent basis in the Championship.

Football League officials visited the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund
There is also a reference to the Hillsborough disaster, with clubs asked to be mindful of the views and feelings of people affected by it.
The disaster occurred when 96 Liverpool fans died after being crushed within Sheffield Wednesday's stadium during their 1989 FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.
The consultation document states: "The Hillsborough Stadium disaster still casts a shadow over our game to this day, and the memory of the 96 football fans that lost their lives must be respected."
The paper ends with four questions. These are:
·
Should the Football League approach the minister for sport to request that the 'all-seater' stadia requirement for Championship clubs be reviewed with a view to the re-introduction of standing accommodation?
·
Should the Football League approach the Sports Grounds Safety Authority to request that rail seating products be licensed in Football League grounds?

Should clubs be permitted to accommodate supporters in rail seating in the Championship?

Should clubs be permitted to revert from seating to standing accommodation in League One and League Two following relegation from the Championship?

All-seater stadiums have been compulsory in the Premier League since 1994.
There have been repeated calls for a return to standing, with a recent report  claiming that 19 out of 20 clubs were open to examining the idea further.
However, the official stance of the Premier League remains that they are happy to comply with current legislation and do not anticipate pushing for a change of government policy.

This would help Mr Brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 am

Cant see it happening too many health and safety laws around now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:45 am

Football League bosses are asking all the League clubs what their opinion is on safe standing at League games.

I still think that a safe standing area with rail seats could be incorporated in the new stand design but I doubt very much if Brent will make the necessary alterations to the plans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:46 am

Oops I posted a new subject about this because I hadn't seen this one.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:10 am

Standing, in front of an elevated stand. Just like the previous arrangement ? Old quivering lip would shorely go the extra mile for his beloved Argyle ?

'He gets it. He really does !'  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:16 am

Would it be possible to put them in any of the existing horseshoe or is it too steep?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:20 am

Rail seats are currently only used by the German clubs so that they adhere to rulings for European games - something Argyle realistically never really need to worry about.

In my view, in this day and age it is quite easily workable and safe to have a pretty standard terrace so that the standing experience is 'normal'. The key to it all is ensuring that capacity is strictly enforced at a safe level.

I think the rail seats look pretty shit. For me, when the seats aren't being used it is no different to a load of the Premier League grounds where the crowd now stand (in their rows) throughout the game anyway.

I'm pretty sure standing will return en masse. People are starting to get over the hysteria of Hillsborough, and it is pretty straight forward to ensure those mistakes aren't made again.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:36 am

cant see a return to standing any time soon likely to be costly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:52 am

Elias wrote:
cant see a return to standing any time soon likely to be costly.

That's the one that opts old quiver lip out then - just stand anyway!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Rail standing ? That's not standing at a football match as I understand it. Sanitised nonsense, and more akin to an old geezer's orthopedic session at the Nuffield.
Mosh pits or nothing. Where's the fun gone ? If it's safe for tightly controlled music events, it's safe for football. Decent barriers yes, but single rails ?
Segregation and control of rivals is the real issue, not standing. I can just see those old fuddies at the AFT thinking rails are great. Dad's army.
It's Zimmer standing for the balding 40+ brigade. Poke out the belly and fold those arms.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Rail standing ? That's not standing at a football match as I understand it. Sanitised nonsense, and more akin to an old geezer's orthopedic session at the Nuffield.
Mosh pits or nothing. Where's the fun gone ? If it's safe for tightly controlled music events, it's safe for football.
Segregation and control of rivals is the real issue, not standing. I can just see those old fuddies at the AFT thinking rails are great. Dad's army.
Get the seats out of the demport,make it cheaper, the youngsters will provide the atmosphere if the teams any good, there will be no need for twats with drums or the forza fvckwits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:33 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Mosh pits or nothing. Where's the fun gone ? If it's safe for tightly controlled music events, it's safe for football. Decent barriers yes, but single rails ?  
It's Zimmer standing for the balding 40+ brigade. Poke out the belly and fold those arms.

I would support a campaign for more comfortable seats.

signed
not balding, 60+ boring old fart with a bad leg.
XX
 Smile 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Nothing wrong with balding Knecht, I have.
Sitting and boring people is ok too if that's your best shot at life, as long as it's done quietly without mission creep, and let's be honest you're spoiled for choice for that sort of thing at Home Park. The business package is ideal I've been told.

But if you want to stand and get your 60 year old mate on your shoulders, where do you go ?
I thought this country was supposed to be multi cultural, modern, and full of consumer choice. That's how it's marketed. The truth is it's still full of wannabe controlling Christian anal Victorians, afraid of their lives people might enjoy themselves, anonymously and safely, without the help of a day glow coat.
And on that theme, I am very concerned at the wording of what sort of marketing and nonsense is planned for the new grand(mini)stand. Sounds like doublespeak for a POTD cash free zone to me. Brent's ridiculous version of Todd's premium corded off Lyndhurst seating. Do these people understand football ?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Standing was always safe, knob heads, hoolies, drunks, fences and overcrowding were unsafe.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 pm

There's already standing in the Premier league. Go and sit in the Matthew Harding stand at Chelsea and watch a game. Not a chance of seeing anything.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:46 pm

I find the UEFA ruling a strange one seeing as tho when Liverpool have played in Europe the kop end is full of people standing.
I'm sure its the same at the other premiership clubs
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Football League calls for safe-standing areas in Championship

Football League clubs have backed calls for the introduction of safe-standing areas at Championship grounds.

All-seater stadiums have been compulsory in the Championship and Premier League since an inquiry into the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, which claimed the lives of 96 Liverpool fans.

Safe-standing areas, featuring retractable seats, have been introduced abroad, most notably in Germany.

At a Football League meeting, most of the 72 clubs voted for the plans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:14 pm

The fact the hillsborough lot are against this the government wont allow it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 pm

It's certainly a matter that will require parliamentary approval before it happens because a law will need to be repealed.

If you want to stand on the terraces once again then lobby your local MP.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It's certainly a matter that will require parliamentary approval before it happens because a law will need to be repealed.

If you want to stand on the terraces once again then lobby your local MP.

or get down to a non league club
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A return to safe standing?   A return to safe standing? Empty

Back to top Go down

A return to safe standing?
Page 1 of 1