Tringreen
Czarcasm
Sir Francis Drake
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
greensleeves

Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 pm

plus a lot of money went to various charities but then again the ATD massive tend to forget that as well....
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 pm

hairy j wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I dont know Nikkkk but don't forget that only some of his money went directly to the club with sponsorship of the Devonport and back of shirts, most of the auction money went to the staff fund and let's not forget the money that went to the fans thru the free travel. Whatever is happening now, however much we may not like his choice of friends, we should all be thankful for his financial assistance.

Burn this witch!

Exactly-ish to me. How many businesses are that ethical? Nikkkkk does nothing illegal at all. Without legitimate lenders of all types, you'd have far more real loan sharks. How many football clubs are sponsored by businesses approved by the ATD high-horse massive?

I agree with the above - but my concern is about Argyle and what would happen should Nikkkkk be in the doo doo. We are not exactly a wonderful commercially attractive proposition (thanks to Speccy) and so where we would find another sponsor who would feel that their company's hard earned profits should be used to keep our ailing club afloat. Especially given its self serving chairman and board of dubious motives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2013 10:00 pm

So can anyone actually confirm or deny if this is "pukker" or not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:01 am

mannameadbabe wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
I dont know Nikkkk but don't forget that only some of his money went directly to the club with sponsorship of the Devonport and back of shirts, most of the auction money went to the staff fund and let's not forget the money that went to the fans thru the free travel. Whatever is happening now, however much we may not like his choice of friends, we should all be thankful for his financial assistance.

Burn this witch!

Exactly-ish to me. How many businesses are that ethical? Nikkkkk does nothing illegal at all. Without legitimate lenders of all types, you'd have far more real loan sharks. How many football clubs are sponsored by businesses approved by the ATD high-horse massive?

I agree with the above - but my concern is about Argyle and what would happen should Nikkkkk be in the doo doo.  We are not exactly a wonderful commercially attractive proposition (thanks to Speccy) and so where we would find another sponsor who would feel that their company's hard earned profits should be used to keep our ailing club afloat.  Especially given its self serving chairman and board of dubious motives.

I'm sure that that Brenty's friends at the Herald will once again step up to the mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:02 am

punchdrunk wrote:

Greensleeves seems touchy so it could be  clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:36 am

GOB wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Greensleeves seems touchy so it could be  clown 

Al is definitely backing the establishment - also how quiet is Pispoti, the one way street!!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:56 am

What's going on here. Noolie hasn't backed the wrong horse yet again, has he  confused 
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:26 am

punchdrunk wrote:

If a company has been liquidated, placed in administration or be subject to a winding up order then there is a legal requirement for an advertisement to be placed in the London Gazette. There is a simple search facility on the London Gazette website to establish whether any such advertisement has been placed. Equally there is a legal duty to notify Companies House and a simple search on their website will establish the facts.

I would suggest anyone posting on here is very careful in what they say given the facts as of today that are publicly available to search, do not support the rumour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 am

I'd add to that Graham that the almost gleeful triumphant tone of some posters genuinely doesn't do them or this site any favours whatsoever.

Firstly, FES/FIL are not loan sharks. Loan sharks are illegal. Loan sharks have been involved with violence, fencing, prostitution, drug dealing and many other illegal activities. Using the term is highly libelous.

Secondly, Mr Newell backing the wrong horse? That's very childish indeed and actually wrong. Nikkkkkk has done a lot of good for normal fans.

Thirdly, I'd agree - spreading rumours about a business failing is likely to incur some form of legal action.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 8:33 am

hairy j wrote:
I'd add to that Graham that the almost gleeful triumphant tone of some posters genuinely doesn't do them or this site any favours whatsoever.

Firstly, FES/FIL are not loan sharks. Loan sharks are illegal. Loan sharks have been involved with violence, fencing, prostitution, drug dealing and many other illegal activities. Using the term is highly libelous.

Secondly, Mr Newell backing the wrong horse? That's very childish indeed and actually wrong. Nikkkkkk has done a lot of good for normal fans.

Thirdly, I'd agree - spreading rumours about a business failing is likely to incur some form of legal action.

Keep going I am sure someone will bite soon.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:09 am

Freathy's the expert on bait. Keeps it simple, like his audience  Cool . fishing 

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:20 am

Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:33 am

This thread ably demonstrates the huge divide between Argyle fans at the moment. On one hand we have the fans that don't like to believe any of the bad press about BJ or any of his acolytes, whilst on the other we have the people who are so distrusting of the regime in power that they will believe anything that is fed to them. Most of the rhetoric on here is posturing between posters that just plain don't like each other, you could swap a couple of words here and there and it would fit into any thread on this forum. As for the subject of this thread I think that it's a lie, a line that has been fed to SFD knowing that it would be posted here, for that reason I would be very careful what I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:46 am

That's a very black and white view Iggy. It's a bit more complex. Personally, I think Nikkkkk's sponsored the club he loves - that's good (regardless of his business interests being 'not holier than thou' apparently). He's provided free buses to fans - totally against what normal corporate sponsors would do. He's put countless thousands in to help people via the auctions - there's threads on here where people are bemoaning that they're staged - so what, so is Comic Relief but that's not something to sneer at as a lot of money s generated for people who really need it. He's sponsored the ground - so what? We used o be sponsored by Ginsters - they sell rather unhealthy snack foods - is that wrong?
People link Nikkkkkkk and Brent together - I'm not sure why.
They also link Newell and Nikkkkk - Newell's just a conduit who publicises it. I'm not sure why and I'd ratherhave a different conduit than Newell if it was me but that's by the by,

This rumour could damage Nikkkkk's business - that's pretty bad.

Check out davidfriio and Jack Sheppard's birch fight in the election thread if you want a bit of drama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 am

Graham Clark wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

If a company has been liquidated, placed in administration or be subject to a winding up order then there is a legal requirement for an advertisement to be placed in the London Gazette. There is a simple search facility on the London Gazette website to establish whether any such advertisement has been placed. Equally there is a legal duty to notify Companies House and a simple search on their website will establish the facts.

I would suggest anyone posting on here is very careful in what they say given the facts as of today that are publicly available to search, do not support the rumour.

I think people are more than aware that its a rumour and don't need telling what to say or not in relation to it. If someone chooses to believe the rumour before its been proved or disproved and posts comments deemed slanderous than on their own head be it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 am

Iggy wrote:
This thread ably demonstrates the huge divide between Argyle fans at the moment. On one hand we have the fans that don't like to believe any of the bad press about BJ or any of his acolytes, whilst on the other we have the people who are so distrusting of the regime in power that they will believe anything that is fed to them. Most of the rhetoric on here is posturing between posters that just plain don't like each other, you could swap a couple of words here and there and it would fit into any thread on this forum. As for the subject of this thread I think that it's a lie, a line that has been fed to SFD knowing that it would be posted here, for that reason I would be very careful what I said.

Hear hear ! The only 'certain' thing, apart from the would be property developer's real intentions, is the devious, silencing and controlling activities of the farm politburo. Their place in the reluctant one's Argyle is all that really matters to them. The social climbing and personal positioning, from the days of Stapleton worship to the early 'business lounge' expeditions, has now blossomed into the, 'We saved the club with the fine genleman' mantra.
Nikk's place in all of this is open to debate but I for one, would be very surprised if his generosity has been merely because he's had money to burn and is an Argyle supporter of recent prominence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:43 pm

I thought it had all gone quiet on the freebie front,no grand mural announcements to look forward too will be hard, but the funniest thing on this thread is hairy mandela getting all self righteous like a true pc warrior! stay classy atd..................... : Laughing
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:56 pm

hairy j wrote:
That's a very black and white view Iggy. It's a bit more complex. Personally, I think Nikkkkk's sponsored the club he loves - that's good (regardless of his business interests being 'not holier than thou' apparently). He's provided free buses to fans - totally against what normal corporate sponsors would do. He's put countless thousands in to help people via the auctions - there's threads on here where people are bemoaning that they're staged - so what, so is Comic Relief but that's not something to sneer at as a lot of money s generated for people who really need it. He's sponsored the ground - so what? We used o be sponsored by Ginsters - they sell rather unhealthy snack foods - is that wrong?
They also link Newell and Nikkkkk - Newell's just a conduit who publicises it. I'm not sure why and I'd ratherhave a different conduit than Newell if it was me but that's by the by,

Check out davidfriio and Jack Sheppard's birch fight in the election thread if you want a bit of drama.

Here here. I for one hope this rumour is untrue. It does no one (imho) any good to be seen revelling in folks losing their jobs, especially at this time of year. And despite of all the petty point scoring and bitching going on here by some, that's the bottom line. In this, if you have nothing good to say, then say nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:10 pm

fwiw I don't think there's anything in it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Graham is absolutely right about the London Gazette bit. As such the "gone into liquidation" part of my post (although exactly what was told to me - and I am most certainly not expecting a letter from a solicitor any time soon) obviously isn't (yet) true.

Could be he's called a few favours in and dug himself out of the hole (not rumour this time but speculation) and it won't turn out to be true at all but it was what was told to me and exactly how it seemed at the time.

So let's wait and see how this one plays out.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:28 pm

And do I think I've been set up with false information? No. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:52 pm

SFD.... to be fair you have been taken for a patsy before,so people are going to think that you have been set up again.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Even if Baba hasn't been set up, what he is doing is below the belt. Casting doubt with no proof whatsoever.

Low.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:10 pm

hairy j wrote:

Did you know hairy has his very own thread in the blocks called 'handbags' ? if you want drama that's the best place to find it on ATD.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Suit yourselves.

Like I said let's see how this one plays out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?   Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle's Sponsor in Trouble?
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next