Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Night Out in Plymouth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Night Out in Plymouth Empty
PostSubject: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Visiting your good City on Saturday with wife. Lunch on the Barbican I think, Jury's Inn to stay over, booked entry into the Gin Distillery Cocktail bar during the evening, meal at Tanners and possible rest of evening at Annabells. Exeter for a night out doesn't compare.

Your football team may be shit but your nightlife is not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 pm

As opposed to both in Exeter?

I notice you Hotel of choice is in Exeter Street though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
As opposed to both in Exeter?

I notice you Hotel of choice is in Exeter Street though.

SG, I cannot disagree mate. We are both shit. Our nightlife used to be good but now we have bugger all and what we do have is too spread out. Think I will leave my City shirt behind. Have a City tattoo on the top of my arm, but won't be wearing a vest and popping into the Two Trees, unless of course I am intent on a hospital stay
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Pop down to the dolphin and tell the old boys you support exeter could be a fun night out Very Happy

Last edited by lawnmowerman on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

I couldn't afford a day/night out like that...you exeter folk are well off.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm

There's a cheap pub near annabel's called the Marina. Its on a cobbbled road (opposite View2) just off the right angle turn between vauxhall and notte street. Pubs elsewhere on the barbican will be quite expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Visiting your good City on Saturday with wife. Lunch on the Barbican I think, Jury's Inn to stay over, booked entry into the Gin Distillery Cocktail bar during the evening, meal at Tanners and possible rest of evening at Annabells. Exeter for a night out doesn't compare.

Your football team may be shit but your nightlife is not

I trust you never been to union street you will be begging for exmouth nightlife after that lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Shirley, the pub for Exeter fans has to be the Swallow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 pm

What's it like inside GOB?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Pop down to the dolphin and tell the old boys you support exeter could be a fun night out Very Happy

Think I will give the Dolphin a miss and The Marina. I do recall after the City v Argyle League game a long haired hoolie with a walking stick was being moved to the away end and I verbally abused him as he walked in front of the Flybe stand. As luck would have I was in Plymouth that same night with acouple of mates only to see the same guy with his hoolie entourage giving it large in the Barbican wetherspoons. suffice to say I didn't go over and say hello.

Will try to keep a low profile,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What's it like inside GOB?

lol!

Never tried it SG, I base my opinion purely on rumor. clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Had a great day and night out in Plymouth. I actually had 3 double gin and tonics in the distillery and for the first time ever I actually had Plymouth Gin. As a City fan I always took great pleasure in saying, when asked what kind of gin did I want, to reply anything but Plymouth Gin.

I stood back from my principles purely and simply out of respect for the majority on this website and I actually felt liberated, it actually tasted good.

Meal at Tanners was superb, even better than Michael Caines in Exeter.

You lot can put on a good show and your nightlife is much much more diverse and head and shoulders above Exeter. Loads of bald men, loads of buxom women...never felt threatened although your women can be full on and despite being with my wife was pawed and touched when we briefly popped into the Navy. Wasn't sure they wanted my wallet or my bollocks...came out with my wallet intack but by bollocks swollen...happy days.

2 things did piss me off though. During day I was walking on my own down Notte Street when a geordie family stopped me and asked directions to the town centre...feck me, I don't look like a Janner. My response was this word for word..."I come from Exeter and by rights I should not tell you, but I will............(gave directions)...do not tell anyone there is an Exeter City fan (wearing a stone island coat) in town, I will be lynched by Central Element and when I get home by old Sly Crew for helping the Plymouth economy"

The second point was when myself and my wife were walking up to Tanners around 8.30pm when crossing the road I actually overhead a mixed group of tourists (Dutch, German and French I think) actually say in English that Plymouth was a more interesting City than Exeter. Not bothering to hide the fact I was eavesdropping I butted in and said "you are wrong, Exeter is more cultural, white collar not blue collar, better shops and prettier inhabittants...they looked at me thanked me for my opinion but I think saw me as a tw@t in need of medication.

Always a great time in Plymouth, not scared to admit it, made better with City winning away and your defeat.

I will return

.if anybody asks I will state that I refused to give directions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Out in Plymouth   Night Out in Plymouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Night Out in Plymouth
Page 1 of 1