GreenSam
Sir Francis Drake
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

The Bury match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:21 pm

I won't go into individual players performances but there was one thing that stuck out for me, when a player in a green shirt has the ball at his feet he is highly likely to play the 33% game. What is the 33% game you ask?

Quite simply there's a 33% chance of the ball ending up with someone else in green. 33% chance of the ball ending up with the opposition and 33% chance of the ball ending up with absolutely no one on the pitch at all!!!!!!!!

Yes, we got 3 points and we actually scored 2 goals from open play but this was another abysmal performance. Yes, the conditions didn't help and yes, Bury were just as bad. The standard of football in this division is beyond dire. If something isn't done to get us out of this division damn fast, Argyle are going to haemorrhage fans hand over fist. Fans of teams like Bury might be used to watching total crap but we aren't and it's starting to wear very thin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:51 pm

hairy j wrote:
It was incredibly windy and it ruined the game.

Just wait until tomorrow hairy. All those Civic Centre staff will be taking their life in their hands dodging that 1960s concrete. A hard hat on your avatar would be more apt tomorrow. Think I'll pay my council tax at my local shop just in case.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:58 pm

One positive is that we have only lost three games in 11.

I tried my hardest in the Noah's Ark last night to convince a few that i do not believe that Argyle will be involved in a relegation scrap this time around...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Someone - maybe on here - said that Bury reminded them of Fletcher's Argyle. I hadn't registered that and was saying I was impressed with their passing play until the football expert I was sat with pointed out that it was on the whole getting them nowhere. Then it was glaring. They weren't good but at times merely looked it.

I was impressed with Luke yet again. He is clearly at least a notch above our level. I was told that he has said clearly that he wouldn't want to leave but, ultimately, it's not in his hands if a bigger club made an offer the club couldn't refuse.

I thought Trotman looked good again.

Lavery took his goal exceptionally well

Luke Young sprayed some superb passes - one of which led to Lavery's goal - but he had neither the bite nor the consistency to really impress.

I don't envy Berry being played out of position. I still think Nelson has good potential but I just hope that yet another season in a dog-fight doesn't hamper his chances. I thought that indefense we stood back to much and that led to Bury's impressively taken goal.

Has Branston disappeared completely?

When is it expected that LeCointe will be fit?

What's the meaning of life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Village, I bet you had no problem convincing the two pigs in the Ark. pig jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bury match thread   The Bury match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bury match thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4