+3
GreenSam
lawnmowerman
125+1
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Just back (dagenham)  Empty
PostSubject: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 pm

McCormick - 9 - one superb stop and some good catches.
Blanchard - 8 - people around me were complaining? Thought he was solid
Nelson - 8 - gets better week on week
Trotman - 7 - fairly solid
Berry - 3 - awful
Gurrieri - 6 - poor first half, much better in the second
Young - 8 - he DOES make a big difference, wonderful free kick
Hourihane - 7 - not as good as Young but solid
Obadeyi - 6 - nice to have a player with pace, but he is to greedy and poor finishes.
Reid - 9 - fantastic again
Alessandra - 5 - looked V tired

Blizzard - 5 - did ok for a couple mins
Lavery - 7 - not on for long but positive

A real game of two halves.

Dagenham much better than us in the first half. Reid scored a great goal, but then some poor defending got them deservedly back in to the match.

In the second half, we completely dominated and really took the game to them, brilliant free kick, we could have had 2 more after that.

Very happy with our current run.

Reid MOTM, he just gets better and better.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:44 pm

And thats 1 defeat in 9 matches and 5 points off a play off place!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:56 pm

By all accounts from what i've seen, been told and read Berry is our weakest link, goodbye Wink 
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
By all accounts from what i've seen, been told and read Berry is our weakest link, goodbye  Wink 
The same can be said for trotman at times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
By all accounts from what i've seen, been told and read Berry is our weakest link, goodbye  Wink 
The same can be said for trotman at times
Only seen him play once but most people seem to think he's one of our best players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Trotman is a good player, but not as good as Curtis.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Trotman is a good player, but not as good as Curtis.
Or Maxi.

Dire first half, fantastic second. Better side, deserved the win. We are getting there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

trotman needs a new contract as his deal ends 31st of next month!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

PAFC will always 'get there' from time to time.It remains the biggest city club never to have achieved top flight status.

Been there. Got the T shirt.......... ,many times.

The current set up is the worst in my 50 plus year involvement.

Enjoy the ride if it suits you but be aware, it's going nowhere.

Beating Dagenham & Redbridge and celebrating being 5 points off the play offs in the 4th tier, is a fool's paradise.

PAFC has a lot of fools.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:49 pm

may be fool's paradise to you,but it's a fact(two in fact) .....we are just five points off the play offs and still very much in the FA Cup...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
PAFC will always 'get there' from time to time.It remains the biggest city club never to have achieved top flight status.

Beating Dagenham & Redbridge and celebrating being 5 points off the play offs in the 4th tier, is a fool's paradise.

PAFC has a lot of fools.

Thats pretty much the long and short of it people.
Hearts ruling heads is a trademark trait of the Aviva mentality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 pm

greensleeves wrote:
may be fool's paradise to you,but it's a fact(two in fact) .....we are just five points off the play offs and still very much in the FA Cup...
Correct. Much closer to play offs than we are relegation, 7 games unbeaten, come on argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:09 pm

As far as I can tell our decent run started when Sheridan who newe....everyone wanted out a month or so ago, started playing Blanchard in a back 3 and all of a sudden we ain't letting goals in. If branston is pissed off good, it means when he does get a chance he'll take it he's been around long enough to know the score
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 pm

No it isn't the long and short of anything. All supporters can do is celebrate what their club can achieve at this moment and not what should or should not have been historically. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being happy with the current run of form Argyle are having and especially given where we have been for so long.

What is the point of forever going over and over where a City of this size should be in football terms according to supporters. We aren't there, we haven't been there and it matters not now how many times previous Boards or owners have missed opportunities. There is nothing to be done about that. We are in league 2 in the real world and not the fantasy football one. It's the only place we can compete and we can only win lose or draw with teams also in this league. We are only 5 points off the playoffs....fact. We are 3 promotions away from the league some would have you believe we should be in. Which one of those two is the more realistic to comment on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Tringreen wrote:

PAFC has a lot of fools.
ATD's own Xisle. Doesn't go. Has no idea.

Berry's very right footed and he's playing on the left.

Reid was superb - he had very limited service and his goal was great - a goal out of nothing.

Young was poor besides his goal.

Hourihane was ok.

Trotman played well.

My MOM was Allesandra - ran his nuts off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:54 pm

And other people have been saying that Allesandra was poor today, tis a game of opinions but a win is always welcome no matter who against or at what level. jocolor 
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 pm

And I think Young had an excellent second half albeit an iffy first. You can say that again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
And other people have been saying that Allesandra was poor today, tis a game of opinions but a win is always welcome no matter who against or at what level. jocolor 
I can concur that Allesandra was poor today. Everyone interprets the game in their own eyes i suppose.
Allesandra had a good game lol !!?..hey ho you live and learn.
Im not one of those sorts who take cheap shots against those who have had enough or the non attenders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Funny that because everyone around where I sit thought Allessandra was decent today and I have to say I didn't think he was poor. He kept the ball quite well and didn't give it away much that I noticed. It is a game of opinions though and to have one you have to have seen something generally. Why would it be a cheap shot to point out the obvious?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Funny that because everyone around where I sit thought Allessandra was decent today and I have to say I didn't think he was poor.    He kept the ball quite well and didn't give it away much that I noticed.    It is a game of opinions though and to have one you have to have seen something generally.     Why would it be a cheap shot to point out the obvious?
My tuppence- stinker of a first half but a good second half.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:49 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
No it isn't the long and short of anything.    All supporters can do is celebrate what their club can achieve at this moment and not what should or should not have been historically.    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being happy with the current run of form Argyle are having and especially given where we have been for so long.    

What is the point of forever going over and over where a City of this size should be in football terms according to supporters.    We aren't there, we haven't been there and it matters not now how many times previous Boards or owners have missed opportunities.    There is nothing to be done about that.    We are in league 2 in the real world and not the fantasy football one.     It's the only place we can compete and we can only win lose or draw with teams also in this league.     We are only 5 points off the playoffs....fact.    We are 3 promotions away from the league some would have you believe we should be in.    Which one of those two is the more realistic to comment on?  
Wonder if Swansea thought along those lines when they finished 21st in the fourth division for two consecutive seasons? Obviously not,looking at the premier league table this morning.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 am

Greenskin wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
No it isn't the long and short of anything.    All supporters can do is celebrate what their club can achieve at this moment and not what should or should not have been historically.    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being happy with the current run of form Argyle are having and especially given where we have been for so long.    

What is the point of forever going over and over where a City of this size should be in football terms according to supporters.    We aren't there, we haven't been there and it matters not now how many times previous Boards or owners have missed opportunities.    There is nothing to be done about that.    We are in league 2 in the real world and not the fantasy football one.     It's the only place we can compete and we can only win lose or draw with teams also in this league.     We are only 5 points off the playoffs....fact.    We are 3 promotions away from the league some would have you believe we should be in.    Which one of those two is the more realistic to comment on?  
Wonder if Swansea thought along those lines when they finished 21st in the fourth division for two consecutive seasons? Obviously not,looking at the premier league table this morning.
It's in the water, foreshore. Nothing wrong with the water in Tavvy though Wink

Never mind. Enjoy the ride you happy Avivas ! jocolor lol! 

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

I have to agree with Sensi on this one, why shouldn't we celebrate a win in this league under this owner. No one feckin hates Brent more that me, however if Shezza can cobble together a team of rejects, loanees and old soldiers and get us out of this league I will be as chuffed as a badger in mating season (ignoring the fact that Ollie said that then broke up the best team in the history of football.....) the credit will go to Shezza and the team, after five years of misery why shouldn't we be celebrating a win?
Sackcloth and ashes ain't my thing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 am

Celebrate away dear boy.

The bigger picture hasn't changed though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 am

Great day out with my eldest Dan - god knows how many beers we had!! Train late going back so missed Exrecia connection stopped off at Great Western - good pub. Also stopped off at the Digby Tap on way home - hit the single malts and that was it, can remember coming home. Footy weren't bad second half - Shezza must have give em a rocket half time!! Cheers'en!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back (dagenham)    Just back (dagenham)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back (dagenham)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next