Rise
Dane
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:52 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Iggy wrote:
I was at that Reading match, funnily enough I have never had any aggro with Reading fans but have had a hard time from the old Bill on two occasions away at Reading, Thames Valley lot don't like being idle. Mad
Ignorant shithouses,especially the first time we played at Reading in the CCC [when Chadders scored in injury time].Saw them at Reading station pushing people on to trains going in the opposite direction from where they wanted to go,barring completely innocent fans from getting any food or drink,generally treating people like dirt.Probably a bit strong to bring in comparisons with the SS but they weren't far short of it that day,quite eye opening to see what a bit of power and a firm remit can do.

I was at the match in 1985 too,in the last 20 minutes it was the only time at a football match at pro level that i've actually known that a team was going to score with each attack.I think Reading brought on Kevin Bremner,who had been on loan to us a while before,and he totally unnerved the Argyle defence.It was awful,probably the worst ever Argyle nightmare-and there's been a few over the years.
Skins  not quite right....first time we played reading away in the ccc we drew 0-0. dexter blackstock missing a sitter.good away following that day as well...
Yes,you're right,i was at that one too.In fact i think that was the game where the TVP really flexed their muscles rather than the Chadders game.Don't think they were nearly as bad for the second match,remember someone had a radio in the train coming back and we were all listening to the commentary from the Ashes test at Edgbaston,when Harmison bowled Clarke with a gem of a slower ball and everyone thought that was that.It wasn't though,it was a crap-inducing morning watching the Aussies get ever nearer and then Kasprowicz getting out with 3 needed off a catch that may well have been disallowed under DRS.Fantastic ending to cap a great weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 pm

I thought that the bad police game in the CCC we lost 1 0?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Iggy wrote:
I thought that the bad police game in the CCC we lost 1 0?
No,twas 0-0.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Greenskin..It was the first visit to the Madge and hundreds travelled up by train.We were herded into a pub outside the railway station,even people who were not going to the match but just happened to alight at Reading,spent a few hours in there.Thames Valley Police were way OTT and there were many complaints.That was the one where people going to london were marched onto any train going to plymouth or so the story goes.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Greenskin..It was the first visit to the Madge and hundreds travelled up by train.We were herded into a pub outside the railway station,even people who were not going to the match but just happened to alight at Reading,spent a few hours in there.Thames Valley Police were way OTT and there were many complaints.That was the one where people going to london were marched onto any train going to plymouth or so the story goes.

It was true,saw it with my own eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Greenskin wrote:
greensleeves wrote:
It was true,saw it with my own eyes.
I went to that game, spent four hours in the railway pub, then a double decker bus turned up, plod emptied the pub and put us on the bus! the free bus (not sponsered by fes or fil) took us to the madje for a thrilling nil nil, not that i was worried i was totaly shit faced by then sunny
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:15 am

We drove to Reading from Tring for the 0 - 0. No trouble whatsoever apart from the Aviva sat next to us who when I chortled at Trigger's half time 'warm-up', exclaimed with a mixture of disbelief and horror, 'Youuuuum naaaaaaat a Trigger faaaaaaaan then ?'
Think that turned out to be Friio's last game. I remember him waving and clapping extensively to the crowd at the final whistle. Think Blackstock missed our best chance in a forgettable game.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 am

I got a caution from the bill that day, a copper wanted to take my photo at the same time that another copper pushed me into him from behind, I got put in a van, they were talking about assault of a police officer! I said for them to get the CCTV or video that the bill were taking everywhere, when they saw it they still gave me a caution as although there was mitigating circumstances it was still an assault? Wankers. Mad 
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 pm

yob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought Derby were champions in 86
I remember going for the last game of the season we lost 4-2 and I think both goals were from Nelson.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Dane. wrote:
yob
not a nice way to talk about yourself
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:04 pm

mcfry wrote:
I remember going for the last game of the season we lost 4-2 and I think both goals were from Nelson.
I was there for that game. I drove down from Yorkshire, found a parking space and went to the ground. I sat in the grandstand.

After the game, I went to find the car but a line of police horses barred my way and wouldn't let me through as they could tell from my accent that I was an Argyle fan. Anyhow, after a chat, I was told that I could go through at my own risk as there were groups of Derby fans waiting for any Argyle fans. No shirt and no scarf so off I went.

Didn't see any groups of Derby fans or have any trouble.

The day did become worse however when I saw my parking ticket! Expensive day just to see us lose!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:06 pm

mcfry wrote:
I doubt it

Nelson wasnt even born then
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 5:36 pm

mcfry wrote:
Derby went up in third place in 1986.The match you went to was the season after,when Derby strengthened their team properly and won the old second division.Argyle could have gone up that season but ended up just missing out on the play offs-i think they still had a chance going into the game you mention.Dave Smith blamed the board for not giving him enough money in the Independent a few months ago,a not unfamiliar scenario to supporters of long standing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Greenskin wrote:
mcfry wrote:
Derby went up in third place in 1986.The match you went to was the season after,when Derby strengthened their team properly and won the old second division.Argyle could have gone up that season but ended up just missing out on the play offs-i think they still had a chance going into the game you mention.Dave Smith blamed the board for not giving him enough money in the Independent a few months ago,a not unfamiliar scenario to supporters of long standing.
Speculate to accumulate is not in the janner vocabulary. Year on year progress. The organic model. Trust in Stapes, Brent and anyone else who is a fine gentleman, is. I mean, we don't want to gamble and risk everything like Cardiff, do we ? Apart from that, keeping the club parochial means praaaaper faaaans can get to play with the train set jocolor 
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:54 pm

ejh wrote:
mcfry wrote:
I doubt it

Nelson wasnt even born then
Don't be stupid of course he was born before then, tho' he died at the battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Above us yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:53 pm

This thread might have well as been called "let's tempt the feck out of fate" I knew it would come ack to bite us on the arse. cyclops 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

If Exeter are bad, what does that make Argyle?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

How bad must Exeter be. ????
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3