Lord Melbury
Greenskin
Rise
Dane
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Freathy wrote:
FY 310 wrote:
Still in the same division as them. If the club was run properly we should be two divisions above Exeter.
Abso-f***in-lutley

Abso double f****ing double lutely. They have been free-fall over the last few weeks - unlike us, in free-fall for the last 5 friggin years. There's nothing to crow about here I'm afraid.

PS: I still can't stand the bastards though, and I hope they all spontaneous combust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Sturtz wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Dane. wrote:
Had a chance to go top a few weeks back. Now only 2 points ahead of argyle.
Very concerened about sturtz and jabba, up until the five defeats in a row for exeter, they were all over this forum like shit in a field!Laughing Laughing jocolor
All over this forum like a rash?

I made some accurate posting before our league match, we won, I posted a couple more astute messages afterwards and left politely!

We are going through a bad patch and it is entirely possible now that Argyle may move above us after we have been above you sorry shower since day 1 of the season. If we are not worth bothering about then I might suggest that this thread is somewhat of a misconstrued over reaction.

Has it sunk in that you are in a relegation battle yet?
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:49 pm

No, but if we do find ourselves in that position it's nice to know that I can come on here for a bit of advice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Argyle are a big club, with the weight of the world on us we were never going to sink into non-league. We could have had the under 18s playing, but the spirit of the club would never have allowed it.

As for Exeter each supporter deep down knows it is their natural level, it is where they belong.

They won't have the fight to battle out of it, a non league club clutching a one way ticket.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Too big to go down as they say. Exeter meanwhile are sinking fast
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Too big to go down as they say. Exeter meanwhile are sinking fast

That's what Luton Town thought and look where they are now, wise up, no club is too big to go down, look where Pompey were 3 years ago and now they're knocking on the door of the Skrill. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:58 pm

I guess its an age thing, I've never got the Exeter hating thing. When I first started going it was the 2 Bristols, Swindon and Pompey with a bit of Cardiff thrown in.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Totally agree Shonbo but with Reading for me.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Yep, forgot Reading - 4-3 down at Elm park having been winning 3-1 (?) with 10 minutes to go. Got back to the car to find the window smashed Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:45 pm

I can't say I hate any other club if I'm honest. I don't get the rivalry thing supposedly with Exeter because historically we haven't been in the same league as them that much for a long while. Same applies to Torquay.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 pm

shonbo wrote:
Yep, forgot Reading - 4-3 down at Elm park having been winning 3-1 (?) with 10 minutes to go. Got back to the car to find the window smashed Sad
I was there and thought I would see the buggers win for the first time in about 2 seasons! Shared a train home with a load of Reading fans taking the piss in good humoured way! They even shared a couple of cans of beer with me.

I would say the rivalry is because they are Argyle's nearest and dearest clubs Sensible. I have always looked at Pompey as being our biggest rivals but that is probably because my old man and Uncle were RN and were rivals because I belive uncle was Devonport based and the old pot was Portsmouth based.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:29 pm

I'd agree with that Mouldy but it's so far back historically and it's just not the same now with the Ports. In those days Matelots didn't get the same time off and didn't have the funds to travel as much as weekends.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 am

Well that's another week in front in our quest for four complete calendar years of superiority, god how that must be hurting you deniers.

I didn't trek over to Wycky tonight, bored with Tw@sdales tactics, went to Dartford and was rewarded with the sight of Argyle's best manager for a generation coming on as a sub for Barnet, how I miss him at the controls down the road.

Hopefully tonight was the turning point and normal service will be resumed from here on in, less than 4k for a game less than 20 miles from Gnome Park, where's your Green Army then lads?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:11 am

shonbo wrote:
Trevor Senior ! We were 3 - 0 up too, with the wind behind second half.

'You came all this way and you lost..........   and you lost' . To the old BA commercial tune, 'We'll take more care of you. Fly the flag.'. You had to laugh lol! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:11 am

I was at that Reading match, funnily enough I have never had any aggro with Reading fans but have had a hard time from the old Bill on two occasions away at Reading, Thames Valley lot don't like being idle. Mad 
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 am

Iggy wrote:
I was at that Reading match, funnily enough I have never had any aggro with Reading fans but have had a hard time from the old Bill on two occasions away at Reading, Thames Valley lot don't like being idle. Mad
Ignorant shithouses,especially the first time we played at Reading in the CCC [when Chadders scored in injury time].Saw them at Reading station pushing people on to trains going in the opposite direction from where they wanted to go,barring completely innocent fans from getting any food or drink,generally treating people like dirt.Probably a bit strong to bring in comparisons with the SS but they weren't far short of it that day,quite eye opening to see what a bit of power and a firm remit can do.

I was at the match in 1985 too,in the last 20 minutes it was the only time at a football match at pro level that i've actually known that a team was going to score with each attack.I think Reading brought on Kevin Bremner,who had been on loan to us a while before,and he totally unnerved the Argyle defence.It was awful,probably the worst ever Argyle nightmare-and there's been a few over the years.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 am

Didn't we both get promoted that season with Reading as champions ? Think they won their first eleven league games.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
Didn't we both get promoted that season with Reading as champions ? Think they won their first eleven league games.
Yep,Dave Smith was manager and made a couple of inspired signings [Kevin Godfrey,then the wondrous Tommy] to lift the squad which was faltering badly after the Reading disaster.I think Ian Branfoot [later Southampton boss,not the most popular manager in their history] was in charge at Reading,they did indeed go up as champions,Derby went up as well.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 am

I was there at Elm Park for that 4-3 too. Pretty apt that that's cropped up on this thread, cos those were the days when Reading attracted the very same sort of 3-4000 crowds that Exeter get now.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I was there at Elm Park for that 4-3 too. Pretty apt that that's cropped up on this thread, cos those were the days when Reading attracted the very same sort of 3-4000 crowds that Exeter get now.

A massive 8 thousand that game, for a top of the table clash. Bleddy apathetic thamesvalleyers ! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Ignorant shithouses,especially the first time we played at Reading in the CCC [when Chadders scored in injury time].Saw them at Reading station pushing people on to trains going in the opposite direction from where they wanted to go,barring completely innocent fans from getting any food or drink,generally treating people like dirt.Probably a bit strong to bring in comparisons with the SS but they weren't far short of it that day,quite eye opening to see what a bit of power and a firm remit can do.

I was at the match in 1985 too,in the last 20 minutes it was the only time at a football match at pro level that i've actually known that a team was going to score with each attack.I think Reading brought on Kevin Bremner,who had been on loan to us a while before,and he totally unnerved the Argyle defence.It was awful,probably the worst ever Argyle nightmare-and there's been a few over the years.
Thames Valley Police were properly out of order that day, I got arrested in all that on trumped up charges, was handed a statement from the police officer with a totally fabricated statement of how I was being violent and abusive.

Essentially I had the temerity to not get forced onto a train to Plymouth on account of me not living there, but 200 miles in the other direction.

I remember having handcuffs on and trying to reach for the tickets in my pocket but they werent interested.

Had to go back several weeks later for a court hearing and everything. The prosecution lawyer/barrister said something along the lines of 'once again your Honour we have a case with insufficient evidence. We cannot possibly proceed with this case'. I think a lot of cases were thrown out of the courtrooms that day. What an absolute collective drain on public resources the TVP must be if they treat every large away following like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:56 pm

HAHAHA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Build it big and they will come.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Angry wrote:

HAHAHA

cheers  lol!  Very Happy   The cravat doubles as an emergency bandage.  cheers  lol!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Skins  not quite right....first time we played reading away in the ccc we drew 0-0. dexter blackstock missing a sitter.good away following that day as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How bad must Exeter be. ????   How bad must Exeter be. ???? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How bad must Exeter be. ????
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next