Tringreen
Flat_Track_Bully
Han Solos Other Ship
mouldyoldgoat
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Football is all about opinions.
You can speak to two people who've been at the same game and you might get two completely different match reports. Yes we all know some people tend to read the game better than others whether through years of experience or just natural football nous and those are the ones we're most likely to listen to if we haven't seen the match and are thus unable to form our own assessment. As for listening to the game on the radio and subsequently forming an opinion, that's fine by me as long as you don't attempt to preach to someone who's actually seen it with their own two eyes.
If i haven't been to the match i try to have a balanced approach by talking to people who have/reading match reports from trusted posters coupled with radio commentary to form an overall view.

The bickering between those who do or don't attend for whatever reason, i find slightly sad.

Personally i'm a 3,4 or 5 game a seasoner at the moment but that's more to do with other commitments and the shit off the pitch rather than the shit on it, i still desperately want the team to win every time they play.

Those who choose to attend every game..........well done, i respect your choice.

Those who choose not to attend at all..........i respect your choice.

Each to his own as they say but surely another 3 points must be welcome by all ? cheers 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
You can speak to two people who've been at the same game and you might get two completely different match reports. Yes we all know some people tend to read the game better than others whether through years of experience or just natural football nous and those are the ones we're most likely to listen to if we haven't seen the match and are thus unable to form our own assessment. As for listening to the game on the radio and subsequently forming an opinion, that's fine by me as long as you don't attempt to preach to someone who's actually seen it with their own two eyes.
If i haven't been to the match i try to have a balanced approach by talking to people who have/reading match reports from trusted posters coupled with radio commentary to form an overall view.

The bickering between those who do or don't attend for whatever reason, i find slightly sad.

Personally i'm a 3,4 or 5 game a seasoner at the moment but that's more to do with other commitments and the shit off the pitch rather than the shit on it, i still desperately want the team to win every time they play.

Those who choose to attend every game..........well done, i respect your choice.

Each to his own as they say but surely another 3 points must be welcome by all ?     cheers 

I always want argyle to win jack, thats the bottom line, i've watched loads of games over many years buying season tickets (buying my own) but i totaly object to watching argyle struggling to beat fourth division crap, thats my veiw that dosen't sit well with people who will sit and watch any old shit thats fine, each to their own! but i will certainly give my opinon on argyle matches and matters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:28 pm

I am as frustrated about Brent and his potential removal as anybody else, that doesn't mean that I am not going to ruin a win because of where we are in the table or what table we are in. If we start to climb the table, beat teams get into the playoffs and get promoted it will be a glory year and I will enjoy it as I would any other, I wil never like or support Brent but at the end off the day he is just another problem that needs addressing and we will do just that, in the mean time why not enjoy the ride?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

Each to his own as they say but surely another 3 points must be welcome by all ?     cheers 

I always want argyle to win jack, thats the bottom line, i've watched loads of games over many years buying season tickets (buying my own) but i totaly object to watching argyle struggling to beat fourth division crap, thats my veiw that dosen't sit well with people who will sit and watch any old shit thats fine, each to their own! but i will certainly give my opinon on argyle matches and matters.

And long may that continue Suffered, i enjoy your opinions. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

I've just watched the highlights and Reid's pass to Alessandra for the goal was perfect. He paused just for a moment before rolling the pass which Alessandra didn't have to break his stride before stroking it in.

Also the crowd looked pretty sparse for the official attendance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:55 pm

PS
just to clarify, my comment "Even I could see we deserved to win and I was listening on the radio." was a joke. It was paraphrasing one of my favourite Holloway quotes about a penalty he thought should have been given - "Everyone could see that should have been a penalty. Even my wife could see that was a penalty and she was listening to it on the radio 50 miles away."

As Jack says - "Football is all about opinions.
"

I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
I am as frustrated about Brent and his potential removal as anybody else, that doesn't mean that I am not going to ruin a win because of where we are in the table or what table we are in. If we start to climb the table, beat teams get into the playoffs and get promoted it will be a glory year and I will enjoy it as I would any other, I wil never like or support Brent but at the end off the day he is just another problem that needs addressing and we will do just that, in the mean time why not enjoy the ride?
Enjoy the ride ????????  affraid

ps I tend to listen to Greenskin's opinion on the match but even he has started missing the odd game and played golf instead.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Iggy wrote:
Iggy, like i said i'm delighted argyle won, yes its a start i truly hope they can keep it going, but i dont need a lecture from the troll or his boring old man about what support is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

And long may that continue Suffered, i enjoy your opinions.     Very Happy 
cheers no ones ever said that before jack!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:

And long may that continue Suffered, i enjoy your opinions.     Very Happy 
cheers no ones ever said that before jack!

This could be the start of something beautiful Shocked ..........fancy a long weekend in Lincoln ? jocolor cheers 
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:42 pm

I didn't go yesterday. I was playing golf, as I have been all season. I shall shortly be going to Spain for 3 months, so obviously won't be attending Home Park.

I was pleased we won though, in fact I gently punched the air when we scored.

So there. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:47 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I didn't go yesterday. I was playing golf, as I have been all season. I shall shortly be going to Spain for 3 months, so obviously won't be attending Home Park.

So there. Very Happy 

Weird innit.............. Don't hate the player[PAFC] but hate the games being played.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:

ps I tend to listen to Greenskin's opinion on the match but even he has started missing the odd game and played golf.
To be truthful,the only match i've missed was the Pompey game and that was because it was on TV anyway and the kick off time didn't enable me to play in the golf tournament first.I eventually relented [after much consideration,it must be said] and got a season ticket in the summer in the hope that Sheridan may do something this season in spite of all the other negatives that were surrounding the club.It certainly hasn't been a decision that brings feelings of hearty self congratulation and there is no way that i'll be renewing next season unless significant improvement is shown between now and next summer.Very hard for me to say that,i don't mind admitting that Argyle has played a huge part in my life [and indeed the lives of my forefathers,who must be spinning in their graves at how far the club has declined since their demise] and i am hooked to almost junkie proportions.But it has been really hard to stomach over the last few years and it's last chance saloon time,it will require a big effort to get unhooked but there are other alternatives which would unquestionably provide more rewarding Saturday afternoons than has been the case recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Tringreen wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

So there. Very Happy 
Weird innit.............. Don't hate the player[PAFC] but hate the games being played.
It's in the blood boys and girls...................regardless of all the other shit surrounding the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Iggy wrote:

ps I tend to listen to Greenskin's opinion on the match but even he has started missing the odd game and played golf.
fishing  lol! 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Here we go then, two wins in a row, Sheridan is God...............who's goin Lincoln ?   jocolor cheers jocolor cheers jocolor 

There are a few of us going up for the weekend. So I hope we do beat them and by a good margin at that. Argyle confidence should be high now and Lincoln City lost yesterday by 1-0 at Welling.

Having said that,I expect Lincoln City will no doubt "BE UP FOR IT" and make a game of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:05 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jack Sheppard wrote:
Here we go then, two wins in a row, Sheridan is God...............who's goin Lincoln ?   jocolor cheers jocolor cheers jocolor 

There are a few of us going up for the weekend. So I hope we do beat them and by a good margin at that. Argyle confidence should be high now and Lincoln City lost yesterday by 1-0 at Welling.

Having said that,I expect Lincoln City will no doubt "BE UP FOR IT" and make a game of it.

Have a good weekend VG, hope all goes to plan and we find ourselves in the hat for the next round. cheers 
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Here is the AB view on yesterday's match.. Sounds like Sheridan awhile back ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:26 pm

It's not the commenting on a performance whilst sitting at home that gets me. It's commenting with authority on it and arguing the merits of the performance as if the person had actually been there against somebody who actually was. By the way, a few spelling mistakes in there SS68. Be careful of the English Protectionists.

I keep reading comments on here from people afar who say they can't be arsed with Argyle anymore yet spend hours of their days writing copious comments about everything green. If they can't be bothered with it anymore why waste their time? Maybe it's just the overwhelming need to be heard about something, anything.....
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:27 pm

So you scummers nick another last minute win while we are getting mugged by the big team in our tin pot league, there is no god, even the fooking Turks picked up a 3.

Perhaps it will start dawning on the inveterate whiners among you that this league is as week as fook and that you are not that far off the pace, a couple more flukey wins and you could possibly even get close to us.

As an aside what a great day out Pompey is, dozens of pubs with proper fans, no hassle, fabulous old ground that knocks bland, boring, empty plastic seat repositories like Gnome Park into the proverbial 'nowhere near near full of cocks hat' and the best atmosphere at a game since we knocked you mugs out of the JPT.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:58 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
So you scummers nick another last minute win while we are getting mugged by the big team in our tin pot league, there is no god, even the fooking Turks picked up a 3.

Perhaps it will start dawning on the inveterate whiners among you that this league is as week as fook and that you are not that far off the pace, a couple more flukey wins and you could possibly even get close to us.

As an aside what a great day out Pompey is, dozens of pubs with proper fans, no hassle, fabulous old ground that knocks bland, boring, empty plastic seat repositories like Gnome Park into the proverbial 'nowhere near near full of cocks hat' and the best atmosphere at a game since we knocked you mugs out of the JPT.

Hope to be going to Pompey for the last game of the season,a weekender too.

Hopefully,there will not be anything riding on that game come May 3rd and i can enjoy mid-table respectability...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

Have you even been to Portsmouth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Another thread turning into a cock measuring contest once again so the off topic posts have been split.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:41 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

Hope to be going to Pompey for the last game of the season,a weekender too.

Hopefully,there will not be anything riding on that game come May 3rd and i can enjoy mid-table respectability...
Be careful won't you, don't get misled by Tis, Pompey will always raise their game for a big club.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Have you even been to Portsmouth?
What, since Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cobblers Match Thread...   Cobblers Match Thread... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cobblers Match Thread...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next